• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft vice president says "the dream remains" to bring the MMO to Xbox

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Who is trolling? The game doesn't require any addon and even if it required, there is nothing preventing consoles from using them.

If you want to play half the end game content, you need addons. No raiding guild, no rated PvP guild, and 99.9% of Mythic Plus folks will refuse to play with you if you don’t have them. Microsoft will not allow you to just install addons. Blizzard has ardently refused to make these addons built into their game for 20 years now.

So yes, you are trolling.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They can, just like they allow mods on Bethesda games.

And players using cheats refusing me to play with them don't make the game require any addon.

Addons aren't "cheats". You'd be an absolute laughing stock doing anything more than levelling and easy mode PVE without them, they've been integral to WoW since 2004. Not saying it's good game design, but it's the way it is.

Blizzard is very much aware of this and it's one of the hundred reasons they'll never do a native console version of the game. Modders have been cleaning up their mess for two decades now and even if the game "can" be played without a single addon, nobody taking it seriously does.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They can, just like they allow mods on Bethesda games.

And players using cheats refusing me to play with them don't make the game require any addon.
They aren’t cheats.
Blizzard designs the game around their use.
The community will refuse you as a player if you do not use them.
Bethesda doesn’t “allow mods” on consoles. It is a very specific and curated list managed by the company. Something Blizzard ardently refuses to do and has refused for 20 years.

You are a troll who clearly doesn’t play the game.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Addons like DBM are. Blizzard just allows them.

Blizzard literally designs the game around them existing. There's no way you're doing mythic raids and good M+ keys without addons, you'd have to have crayons for brains to even try.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
They aren’t cheats.
Blizzard designs the game around their use.
The community will refuse you as a player if you do not use them.
Bethesda doesn’t “allow mods” on consoles. It is a very specific and curated list managed by the company. Something Blizzard ardently refuses to do and has refused for 20 years.

You are a troll who clearly doesn’t play the game.
DBM is. You are using a addon to tell you "don't stand in shit, move" and when the boss will use certain skill/ability. How is that not cheating?

Sure, Jam, I don't play and even don't use DBM too. /s

Blizzard literally designs the game around them existing. There's no way you're doing mythic raids and good M+ keys without addons, you'd have to have crayons for brains to even try.
No, Blizzard just allows you to use them. They don't design the game expecting you to use stuff like DBM and the fact that they explain the raid mechanics in the Adventure Guide proves that.

Last edited:

AV

DBM is. You are using a addon to tell you "don't stand in shit, move" and when the boss will use certain skill/ability. How is that not cheating?

Sure, Jam, I don't play and even don't use DBM too. /s

Because again, Blizzard designed their game around people having DBM from Naxx onwards. They never needed to make their own version of it because they knew the community would handle it. The way they relay information about bosses to the player without addons is completely useless.

If you play and use DBM you know exactly what we're talking about, because you know for a fact nobody plays at a high level without it. Pull the other one. When everyone has it installed and the developer has designed the game around that fact, it's not a cheat.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Because again, Blizzard designed their game around people having DBM from Naxx onwards. They never needed to make their own version of it because they knew the community would handle it. The way they relay information about bosses to the player without addons is completely useless.

If you play and use DBM you know exactly what we're talking about, because you know for a fact nobody plays at a high level without it. Pull the other one. When everyone has it installed and the developer has designed the game around that fact, it's not a cheat.

I can’t believe someone is trying to argue against this. Clearly they aren’t being honest.

AV

No, Blizzard just allows you to use them. They don't design the game expecting you to use stuff like DBM and the fact that they explain the raid mechanics in the Adventure Guide proves that.

Never mind, moving on because you have no idea what you're talking about if you think this is true. Try playing the game for 19 years.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Because again, Blizzard designed their game around people having DBM from Naxx onwards.
No, they don't. They allow you to learn the mechanics by yourself and don't require you depending on DBM hand holding.

Never mind, moving on because you have no idea what you're talking about if you think this is true. Try playing the game for 19 years.
I play since Cataclysm and use DBM too cheating the game. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Hudo

Addons are one of the big reasons why Blizzard end up designing all the endgame content as minmax bullshittery. I feel especially after Burning Crusade, Blizzard started to lean into that shit because they thought that the minmaxing is what made it engaging and fun. Subsequently, they've entered this spiral of now requiring the addons to be able to clear all the shit.

My suggestion would be for Blizzard to ban all addons. But that will never happen because Blizzard don't have the cojones to something like that and the vocal minority, "hardcore endgamers", are whiney little bitches.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
How large is the pool of people that wants to play WoW, a 20 year old PC game, but only on a console, but are also happy to go out and buy a new half-keyboard peripheral to make it somewhat feasible to do so?

The answer is "not enough for Blizzard to even think about it". Buy a laptop and a long HDMI cable. Done.
Why do we need to do this, I play FF14 on PS5 with a standard mouse and keyboard. What exactly is preventing this from being ported? Controller support has already been implemented in the pc via mods and works well.

Blizzard could easily make a version like wow retail that caters more toward controllers while giving the wow story and feeling with slight modifications.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Why do we need to do this, I play FF14 on PS5 with a standard mouse and keyboard. What exactly is preventing this from being ported? Controller support has already been implemented in the pc via mods and works well.

Blizzard could easily make a version like wow retail that caters more toward controllers while giving the wow story and feeling with slight modifications.
Ffxiv was designed around controller use. Wow wasn’t. Wow is also designed around add on usage, which can’t and won’t be implemented on a console.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Ffxiv was designed around controller use. Wow wasn’t. Wow is also designed around add on usage, which can’t and won’t be implemented on a console.
I understand that, but they could easily modify the control scheme and make a client that is console friendly. The game is designed and content aplenty. All that is needed is some balancing, and UI, control changes. That could all happen in less than 2 years easily

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I understand that, but they could easily modify the control scheme and make a client that is console friendly. The game is designed and content aplenty. All that is needed is some balancing, and UI, control changes. That could all happen in less than 2 years easily
They would need to rework how they design the game entirely. Every combat encounter, every difficulty, how pvp functions in general.

Top Bottom