• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorschach

mint said:
LOL looks like Blizzard knows the majority of internet shortcuts.

LOL - Lots of Laugh or Laughing Out Loud. This abbreviation indicates something is really funny. Unfortunately although very common, that term became uncool a long long long time ago. Other alternatives that you can use instead are "hehehehe" or "hahahaha" which aren't the best but are more hip. ROFL should also be avoided to appear cool.

:p

Rorschach said:
No offense, but this seems really unorganized. Everyone's gonna end up in a different server. :|

Yeah, I've tried... =/ Everyone who will be willing to join a central (or even mst) server, and join a GA Horde/Alliance guild... Post if so, and what faction. I'll edit my first post and compile a list.

If we don't get enough people I'm just going to play on a mst pvp server.

firex

Sal Paradise Jr said:
I as well as Cmdr Solrak will be going to a RP server on the East. If not, definetly a PvE server from that same area.

We're going Alliance.
I'm going to play alliance on a pve/rp (no interest in the RP stuff, but it will likely weed out the bnet types) east server, let me know what you guys settle on in retail (or I'll just check on this post after tuesday) so I know which one would be good to join.

aside from the one (or maybe two) alliance chars I will make, I am going to be playing horde with the relatively small and some sort of in-between of casual and hardcore playing guild I joined in the beta on a west pve server.

firex

Kweh said:
Is Ragnaros meant to be tougher than Onyxia?
Yeah. He's meant to be one of the toughest guys possible in the game at launch while Onyixa is supposed to be literally the easiest raid encounter (and nobody beat her in beta, heh). He's like a god or demigod of fire or something like that... I forget exactly which but on the main site, if you look under story and look for the dark dwarves part, that's where you'll likely find out some info about him.

AeroGod

Ill be playing horde on a east pvp server with my best friend and a bunch of his friends of college. As for my alliance character, Sal, firex, and Solrak I will likely join up whatever you guys decide on so let me know :)

Is the game shipping today? If so, many stores in my area would have by tonight. I'm not sure if they'd be allowed to sell it before the "launch" date. Wish we could get some clarification on this.

akascream

Banned
I just got a shipment notification from gamestop for my collecter's edition. Said it shipped the 21st, but thats strange as the 21st is a sunday.

nataku

Cerebral Palsy said:
Yeah, I've tried... =/ Everyone who will be willing to join a central (or even mst) server, and join a GA Horde/Alliance guild... Post if so, and what faction. I'll edit my first post and compile a list.

If we don't get enough people I'm just going to play on a mst pvp server.

I'll be going Alliance on whatever server you guys decide.

Ramirez

My friend just got a copy from the local Wal-Mart and I live in the middle of nowhere,Kentucky :p He says you can't create an account til tomorrow though.

Kweh

I have no idea what server i'm gonna join. I'm thinking PST so i can see night time sometimes, but then thinking EST server cos thats the least time difference. :)

My friends and I are joining an east coast pvp server named "mal'ganis". Don't ask me how I know the server names as it was given to me from a friend who's in a fairly large clan. Either way, that's the server name and that's where I'm going. Anyone else going east coast should join the same server since I found the name first and therefore I win. Or something like that.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Gamestop won't sell it to me till tomorrow. >_<

I would just run out to Wal Mart or something at midnight tonight, but I'm hearing they aren't getting Collector's Editions in? Anyone know which stores that are breaking the street date have CEs?

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
My Gamestop won't sell my collector's edition to me either. I was hoping I could get this one guy there who knows me fairly well to get it for me, but he isn't working this week. Not that it would really matter, I won't be able to play it until tomorrow evening because of classes.

Ramirez

Did you read my post? :p

You can't create an account right now,so whats it matter if you have it or not til tomorrow? :p

nataku

You sure that's an east coast PvP?

I've heard this:

The following is the exact list of Central PvP servers. Its been verified.

Archimonde
Illidan
Mal'Ganis
Stormreaver

Also from "Blizzard employees." Apparently they get to know the servers early so they can tell their guilds what to play on...

Taken from here and here.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Ramirez said:
Did you read my post? :p

You can't create an account right now,so whats it matter if you have it or not til tomorrow? :p

According to Blizzard's latest newsletter, servers are going up tonight at midnight and you'll be able to create an account then.

Collectors Edition is for suckers!

Custom pets ruin the marketplace!@! (Seriously though, pretty much the only thing an Engineer can make for a profit is a Mechanical Squirrel)

Soundtrack comes with the bloody game. Actually that would make a kick ass ce bonus (although if ever implemented piss me off fo sho). Bonus music in the actual game.

The artbook and CE manual are actually worthwhile though. The 10 day pass might have been if I hadn't already shared the game with everyone I know.

And I recall hearing that Mal'Ganis was on Central, but who knows. Who we got it from could be wrong, or I could be remembering some other stupid name. Either way, I'm going East Coast PvP probably a server in middle of list.

nataku said:
You sure that's an east coast PvP?

I've heard this:

Also from "Blizzard employees." Apparently they get to know the servers early so they can tell their guilds what to play on...

Taken from here and here.

I just assumed it was east coast since that's where my friend lives. He just told us to join that server. It could be central for all I know. Either way that looks like my final destination.

MrCheez said:
Artbook alone is worth the extra 30 bucks for me. :)

You might be able to sell the swag for more than $30 on ebay to people regretting they bought the normal one but don't want to spend $80 on top of their $50.

AeroGod

mint said:
So it looks like we will just part ways and join servers with people we know.

Probably:lol At least for horde pvp with my friends. Ill make a point of joining up whatever you guys decide on for a East Alliance server. :p

nataku

Heh, well... first person to get the game and get on pick a server and post what one you joined here. Those who want to follow can.

Doth Togo

FYI, Blizzard is heavily monitoring eBay, Yahoo and other auction houses and will take down any virtual property related material from WoW, StarCraft, etc.

Complain all you want, but if your auction is identified by them, it's gone.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. I know how some of you'd planned on making money off this game. :lol

Doth Togo

Son of Godzilla said:
What does this etc. include? Because it sure doesn't include D2.

And what exactly could be auctioned from Starcraft?

Wrong. D2 is also being monitored now. New Blizzard policy, all Blizzard related virtual property being sold will be banned.

Regarding Starcraft, no idea. I don't ask questions.

Sorry, just the usual Blizzard troll kicking in out of habit.

And Blizzard is great at saying they will do this kind of stuff.

Doh, sorry. But really, hope this happens. Actually I don't even care, I hope they address issues regarding packet abuse.

Flynn

MrCheez said:
:lol

No one REALLY RPs on the RP servers. At least not on EQ or DAOC. The most you'll see is a bunch of people saying "Aye." =P But everyone tends to be super helpful, friendly, and mature. :)

I dunno, we shall see!

RP is a way of weeding out jackasses.

Back in the Ultima Online days, I was privy to some amazing role-play -- an ongoing feud between the Dread Pirate Roberts and a huge group of Rangers. The fight began verbally, over ales in a pub and eventually let to bloodletting. Very cool.

Doth Togo

Son of Godzilla said:
Sorry, just the usual Blizzard troll kicking in out of habit.

And Blizzard is great at saying they will do this kind of stuff.

Doh, sorry. But really, hope this happens. Actually I don't even care, I hope they address issues regarding packet abuse.

The thing is, I know for certain Blizzard is monitoring for auctions because I talk with those that are doing it every day. Not just them, we're doing it too.

You will see a new initiative over the next few months on publishers, by in large, going after virtual property auctions.

What some folks propose is that the MMORPG developers/publishers create an "in-house" auction system where, if they choose to do this, will allow auctions while using the game interface and operates independently of any third party. That way, seller/player does make money, while the trademark/copyright/license holder makes a cut of it as well. It's all about protecting trademark/copyrights. Honestly, I do not expect the trademark/copyright owner to do this in any form or fashion. They own the material, they license it out to you, the gamer, to play. You must obey the license agreement, or, they terminate the agreement and no more gamer.

jeez guys its not that hard to meet people in game to group with you know

I played off and on for a week and had a friends list of like 10 people that were awesome to group with

Kweh

20041122l.jpg

=/

Doth Togo

Kweh said:

It sucked when my Closed Beta lvl 51 mage was deleted. I guess I got turned off at that point. I won't be playing retail. I've seen all that the game has to offer.

That being said...

It's one of the best MMORPGs I've ever seen. It may even be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom