• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you enjoy an Altered Carbon game splintered from the TV series? (Spoilers for Netflix series)

Okay, so as clearly stated, spoilers. Just an idea but an interesting one.

We have potentially a couple of Takeshi Kovacs' in this universe. There is always the possibility that the clone of the Ryker skin was never actually given up as he did double sleeve. We have the original sleeve that's now alive and we have the backed up DHF from Poe. Not only that but for all we know, they could have backed up the Anthony Mackie sleeve, just based on the fact that the crew knew one of them was going to die. They backed up Quell when it seemed impossible so...

There's a cross roads. But, what if Netflix made a sequel not only in the form of a TV series, but also as a game?

Imagine a TV series that focused on Quell and her future intertwining with the Kovacs that was left on Harlan's World. That would further the plot in one way or another (since I can tell you as someone who read the books, the Netflix series is VERY different from the source material.)

But what if Poe got his memory back in a game where you play as a new sleeve, potentially the fourth incarnation of Kovacs? Quell doesn't know he's alive, nor does the original sleeve, so we know of. That's before we look at any possibility of Mackie/Kinnaman potentially coming back. This game could re-unite Kovacs and Poe, help Poe get his memories back and go back to the detective style game play of the first. I think something akin to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in terms of game play would be great. I.e. first/third person shooter, multiple dialogue trees, event driven story lines, upgrade-able sleeve etc.

Then if the progress goes well and all can agree on it, the fourth series could re-unite the events of the game and a potential third TV series. I know that sounds different but on the inside I know I want Naughty Dog to make that game lol. I think this could be a great idea.

LostDonkey

Definitely. Altered Carbon is a fantastic show and the whole stack/sleeve concept would be great for a video game.

The history of each character and what they've been through and the stories they could tell. Salivating.

Last edited:

Son Lamar

Neo Member
Okay, so as clearly stated, spoilers. Just an idea but an interesting one.

We have potentially a couple of Takeshi Kovacs' in this universe. There is always the possibility that the clone of the Ryker skin was never actually given up as he did double sleeve. We have the original sleeve that's now alive and we have the backed up DHF from Poe. Not only that but for all we know, they could have backed up the Anthony Mackie sleeve, just based on the fact that the crew knew one of them was going to die. They backed up Quell when it seemed impossible so...

There's a cross roads. But, what if Netflix made a sequel not only in the form of a TV series, but also as a game?

Imagine a TV series that focused on Quell and her future intertwining with the Kovacs that was left on Harlan's World. That would further the plot in one way or another (since I can tell you as someone who read the books, the Netflix series is VERY different from the source material.)

But what if Poe got his memory back in a game where you play as a new sleeve, potentially the fourth incarnation of Kovacs? Quell doesn't know he's alive, nor does the original sleeve, so we know of. That's before we look at any possibility of Mackie/Kinnaman potentially coming back. This game could re-unite Kovacs and Poe, help Poe get his memories back and go back to the detective style game play of the first. I think something akin to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in terms of game play would be great. I.e. first/third person shooter, multiple dialogue trees, event driven story lines, upgrade-able sleeve etc.

Then if the progress goes well and all can agree on it, the fourth series could re-unite the events of the game and a potential third TV series. I know that sounds different but on the inside I know I want Naughty Dog to make that game lol. I think this could be a great idea.
Honestly take the watch dogs legion system and sci-fi it up to 100 and you have altered carbon make it story driven with a dope Co-op and maybe a lil PvP like assassin creed was but with the ability to switch sleeves in real time keeping it tense af

Tiamat2san

I loved the first season but the second wasn’t as good.
Better bad guys, atmosphere, visual effects in the first season.
In the second the vilains are lame.

The universe is great and could do great game.

Gamernyc78

Banned
For anyone who is completely lost after reading the OP, welcome to Altered Carbon. Show sucks.

I'm actualky finishing season 2 now 👌Idk though I kind of miss the first guy tht played kovach first sleeve, his acting was on point.

And I agree this second season isn't as good so far and I think some of it has to do with not being sold on this kovach even though this dude is a famous actor.

Last edited:

ancelotti

My interest has also evaporated with the second season. If it's based on the first one, then maybe I can get back on board, but I'm not sure I really care any more.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Show sucks.
I'm shocked it got a second season. I would not care about a game based on this show. If it ended up being amazing I'd might get it on its own merits, but not because of the license.

brian0057

Banned
Play this instead:
  • Deus Ex (all of them).
  • Observer.
  • Westwood's Blade Runner (now on GOG).
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

bitbydeath

I’m two episodes in on the second season and not feeling it so far. Feels like it’s been ages since I watched the first.

Top Bottom