• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you rather have work-free flawless hair or teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A baldy man with great teeth is still attractive. A man with no teeth with great hair is not attractive.

Edit: But then if I had flawless hair I'd have so much more time to work on my teeth.

This is short term vs long term thinking for me.

Having great hair is perfect for now but when you get older teeth or the lack of thereof become a real bitch.

Taking teeth.

I think we have enough time and energy to take care of both adequately, no?

Sure, but if I had flawless hair, going by the rules in the OP I could:

- Have a shower every two days instead of every day. Currently I only shower daily because of hair.
- Significantly reduced time in the shower, likely down to one minute or less
- No time required to 'do' my hair every day, 15+ minutes saved

All that time I can use to properly take care of my teeth. More time flossing, more time brushing.

Teeth. Worst case scenario for hair is you have to go bald or something. Worst case for teeth is horrible pain in your mouth, and is almost inevitable with age.

Easy decision this one.

Teeth. I fucking look like a monster after brushing my teeth. No civility. Just foam and spit dripping everywhere. And it annoys me. I hate the portayal of teethbrushing on screen. Nicely contained suds on the teeth and done in 15 secs and rinsed with a quick turn of the knobs...

mackattk

Teeth. Tooth pain sucks ass. Yeah hair is nice but people judge you more on your teeth than your hair. Perfect breath never have to go to the dentist or buy dental supplies? Count me in.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
teeth is the correct response perfect teeth forever i mean come on no more daily routine and no more dentist its a no brainer

Althane

Does the hair benefits extend to body hair, or just top-of-head hair?

If body hair, I'd go with hair. Otherwise, teeth.

My girlfriend said hair without hesitating. Then again, she's got a lotta hair.

McNum

Having a bad hair day doesn't cause head-splitting pain. Chipping a tooth in the most wrong of ways will.

Hair is dead, teeth are alive. Gotta be teeth.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Teeth, easily.
-Problems with your teeth are expensive to fix.
-They can cause a tremendous amount of pain.
-You can still be attractive with no hair. Not the case with teeth.
-I already have perfect hair.

Teeth. Balding doesn't hurt, but you can go mad from a single bad tooth.
It'd be much closer if I had to choose between perfect eyesight or perfect teeth, but I think I'd still go with teeth.

Fbh

Easily teeth.
I don't really care too much about hair (have it cut really short most of the time anyway) and I have accepted that I'll be bald by the time I'm 40 (since both my dad and my grandpa are bald).

Teeth on the other hand can become a bigger issue. Unlike hair, teeth issues can often be painful and expensive/time consuming to treat.

You clearly underestimate the amount of time, money, and attention some people have to put into hair. With that said, this answer is going to change drastically depending on who you are. If you're a male, expecially a white male, you're probably going to go for teeth. Makes sense.

As a Black woman, hair is the obvious answer.
Yup, also a black woman and would take hair in a heartbeat. Teeth are much easier to maintain. I spend hours a week doing my hair.

SGRX

Teeth. Worst case I wind up with thinning hair/go bald, and shave my head once or twice a week. No need for dental insurance, no possibility of crowns, fillings, receding gums (not to mention periodontal disease potentially contributing to heart problems), root canals, or even the need to go in for cleanings and examinations? I'll take that.

Eidan

Teeth, easily. Dental problems cost a fucking fortune, and unlike hair problems, dental ones impact more than just your confidence, they can kill you.

Teeth. Mine have started shifting around. I have one bottom-front tooth that has been moved way out of alignment. My two top-front teeth are just the tiniest bit offset; in worried that this will lead to one getting pushed in front of the other.

Z..

It's hard for me to understand how anyone would choose hair in such a scenario. It's value is mostly cosmetic where as teeth are absolutely essential. I don't get this.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'll take teeth. I think taking care of teeth is more trouble, and my hair sucks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom