• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Nintendo Earnings: What to Watch

JoeM86

Switch: 2.74 million units shipped
Zelda: 3.84 million (2.76 Switch, 1.08 Wii U)
Pokémon Sun & Moon: 15.44 million

Cerium

cage_bliss.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti;234861112 said:

Looks like 3DS sales are expected to decline, but they're not expecting a decline as big as I would expect given the lack of big projects they've announced for it. I think they definitely see 2017 as another solid year for the system before it really declines. I wonder if this means a price drop will be coming.

I love how consistently well these games sell.

Now they just need to port Return to Dreamland, Triple Delux and Planet Robobot to Switch as a Kirby Trilogy and watch the cash flow!

Same. It makes me very happy.

Don't even joke. That HD mainline Kirby can't come soon enough.

So Switch shipments (at the end of March):
600k to Japan
1.2 million to the Americas
940k everywhere else (mostly Europe)

Well, we know Switch is in the region of 700k right now in Japan, so it might honestly be over 3 million sold globally at the moment - just couldn't be listed as such for this report.

Mory Dunz

I love how consistently well these games sell.

Now they just need to port Return to Dreamland, Triple Delux and Planet Robobot to Switch as a Kirby Trilogy and watch the cash flow!

Would've killed as a day one game. 4 player co op Kirby near launch? yeah

Kangi

Would've killed as a day one game. 4 player co op Kirby near launch? yeah

Kirby likes to be a latecomer to a new console. Four years late to the Wii, three years late to the 3DS.

Part of that's because Kirby likes to hang around and be a console's swan song; like Kirby's Adventure, Mass Attack, and possibly the holiday 3DS title (though I doubt it).

28 days in, 2.74m Switches have shipped. The next quarterly report will cover through June 30 when Switch is at 119 days. The current champions of fast shipping home consoles are PS4 and Wii. Based on their old shipment data we can estimate them at 6.93m and 5.46m at 119 days. The Wii number seems in reach, unless Nintendo was dead serious about that 10m forecast for the year and they're currently producing much less than a million a month.
NSW_WW

Top Bottom