• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF??? New PSP racer from Konami!!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Its called Kaido:

kaido1.jpg

kaido2.jpg

kaido3.jpg

kaido4.jpg

Konami kündigt Kaido Racer an

06.09.05 - Konami gibt bekannt, dass Genkis Kaido Racer im November 2005 in Europa erscheinen wird. In dem Rennspiel fährt man über die berühmtesten Bergstrecken Japans, wozu die Regionen Akagi, Zao, Aso und Haruna nachgebildet wurden.

Es gibt offizielle Turniere, zu denen auch lukrative Nachtrennen gehören. In den 'Battle Modes' verdientes Preisgeld investiert man in neue Bauteile und Upgrades oder kauft ein neues Fahrzeug. 149 lizensierte Vehikel sind geplant, einschließlich Wagen von Nissan, Subaru, Honda und Alfa Romeo.

Hinzu kommt ein 'Story Mode', in dem die Spieler die Rivalitäten der Fahrer untereinander nacherleben und gegen Rennpiloten mit unterschiedlichen Fahrstilen antreten. Die Interaktion zwischen den Charakteren funktioniert über ein im Spiel enthaltenes Mail-System, mit dessen Hilfe man mit anderen Fahrern kommuniziert (Tipps einholen, zu Wettfahrten herausfordern, uvm.).

Mit dem Sound Editor gestaltet man seinen personalisierten Soundtrack, der aus unterschiedlichen Musikrichtungen (von Trance bis hin zu Euro-Pop) besteht

Bablefished:

Konami announces Kaido Racer 06.09.05 - Konami communicates that Genkis Kaido Racer will appear in November 2005 in Europe. In the running play one drives over the most famous hilly stretches of Japan, to which the regions Akagi, Zao, Aso and Haruna were copied. There are official tournaments, to which also lucrative night running belong. In the ' Battle mode ' one invests earned prize money in new construction units and buys Upgrades or a new vehicle. 149 licenced vehicles are planned, including cars of Nissan, Subaru, Honda and Alfa Romeo. In addition a ' story mode ' comes, in which the players begin the rivalries of the drivers among themselves after-deeply felt and against running pilots with different styles of driving. The interaction between the characters functions over a Mail system contained in the play, with whose assistance one with other drivers communicated (Tipps catch up, to wettfahrten provoke, uvm.). With the sound editor one arranges its personalisierten sound TRACK, which consists of different music directions (of Trance up to euro Pop)

http://www.gamefront.de/

Mrbob

l_can_t_see_shit.jpg

Without seeing the pics, I can tell you I can barely contain my excitement over another racing game for the PSP! :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Should I be enthused?

Raistlin

How come we can't post pics from there?

Anyway, unless my eyes are deceiving me ... it shows the following logo above the game info ...

logps2.gif

(I hope this isn't considered posting something from them)

(If you can't see the logo, I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with P.S. shoe)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
yeah, it doesnt even mention PSP on the website. klee needs his eyes checked :D

yet, the trolls come in on cue.

Jonnyram

I assume this is just the game that Genki made for PS2 and Konami is releasing it in Europe? Wouldn't be surprised to see a PSP version in the future though.

Top Bottom