• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Raw Ratings: Viewership Hits Record Low

DMczaf

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/raw-ratings-down-again-show-taped-london-235226

Raw fell to yet another non-football season and non-holiday record modern low last night with 2.68 million viewers for the show in London.

The audience dropped six percent over the previous low mark set last week of 2.86 million viewers.

The last time Raw numbers were at this point outside of football season was 1997, when it went head-to-head with Nitro.

Still, due to the declines at Fox News, Raw was second only to the Golden State Warriors-Utah Jazz NBA playoff game on TNT which did 4.52 million viewers.

The new low mark, besides a clear decline in interest since the switching of talent on the superstar shakeup show and following week for the novelty, would be due to the NBA competition and the fact the show was taped about five hours earlier.

In the past, being taped hadn't hurt the rating but it does appear that was the case here. Next week will be more evident because if the number is in the same ballpark for a live show, that would be a very bad sign.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.42 million viewers

tumblr_inline_oplhcnoODi1u18e7z_540.gif

ElRenoRaven

Well deserved. WWE has been total shit for awhile now and there really is no improvement in site until Vince retires.

Anth0ny

That hour 3 is pitiful.

NBA playoffs only going to get more viewers.

WWE will be doing all time low numbers come football season.

Kusagari

I know I turned on the show, saw it was a taped overseas show and instantly turned it off.

Those shows are always worthless to watch.

I know I turned on the show, saw it was a taped overseas show and instantly turned it off.

Those shows are always worthless to watch.

10 years ago 20 years ago, we would have watched it anyways. Now we are smarter, and have better things to do than to watch a useless and I mean useless 3 hours of boredom.

Xando

It's a shame how bad it has become. Stopped watching last year (still watch the occasional PPV) after 15 years of being a fan.

*Raw ratings for July 2019 has 0 viewers*

"Raw ratings hit new low with -1.2 million viewers: even the wrestlers SUPERSTARS™ don't show up"

I really tried watching some of it last night, and it was awful.

Has Lesnar even appeared on Raw with the belt since WM (not counting the night after WM)? Awfully dumb to not have your champion be a full-time guy at this point.

MavFan619

Banned
The wrestling sucks.
The commentary sucks.

Fix those things, please.
I don't think the wrestling sucks at all when they want (their matches are very much overly booked and produced) those guys go out there and have great matches. The triple threat last week was great. The problem for me generally is it's too long a show, and a lot of it is just bad tv. They want to be a "movie" but they aren't a good movie. They need to go back to being a good pro wrestling show and move away from being a bad variety show. Also 2 hours would be swell.

kiguel182

I haven't watched Raw (or Smackdown) since Raw after Mania. They've done an amazing job of killing mainstream interest in the product.

I still watch Smackdown but it's been worse after Mania.

And yeah, coming out of Mania the storylines they showed were just a big meh to me.

The 3 hours kills any chance of me watching it too.

Anth0ny

Rating should be around a 1.86 according to my calculations. If accurate, that would be worse than last year's 4th of July Raw AND Christmas Raw.

Isn't TV in general on a steady decline ratingswise?

WWE ratings decline is WAY more steep than the general TV decline.

They also try to sell themselves to TV networks as "live sports" programming (in order to get a better TV deal) and other live sports are actually UP.

The funny part is that WWE have an escalation in thier contact for 2017 and 2018 with USA, so they will be paied even more money even if this contimues for two more years.

The contract renewl in 2019 will be fun though.

jurgen

We have a thread about this every few weeks, don't we?

Still, due to the declines at Fox News, Raw was second only to the Golden State Warriors-Utah Jazz NBA playoff game on TNT which did 4.52 million viewers.

There's your asterisk. All of TV in the shitter right now. Last year's UK Raw was bad too, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't excuse WWE thinking that Bray Wyatt's toothless Hot Topic ass and lazy Dean "Trailer Park John McClane" Ambrose can be a draw for the show.

I have been watching RAW exclusively though youtube clips since late last year.

Also even with that small less than 15 minute per week commitment I havent bothered the last 2 weeks.

Top Bottom