• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X3 news - No female Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empire Magazine got chatting with Marvel head man Avi Arad about "X3" this week who confirmed "It won't be a female Angel. I don't know where that came from, maybe because he looks angelic. There will be interesting characters that will be introduced."

He also indicated the Dark Phoenix saga that the second film essentially sets up at the end, will not be a major part of the movie if at all it seems - "It should never be this one story. The main characters are more important than Jean Grey. This is a bigger story. Everybody's expecting Dark Phoenix, but Dark Phoenix would never be the main show. She'll be one of the characters, that's it. There are a lot of stories to tell...We needed something that is very big. In movie two, it was mutants against humans. In movie one, it was trying to understand. In movie three, it is probably philosophically the most interesting and provocative for all of us."

Does that mean the introduction of the mutant-killing Sentinels, we ventured, only to be met by Avi's very own mutant power - the ability to stonewall. Ouch. "It's funny because when we sat with Tom Rothman [Fox bigwig], he said 'this has to be an action drama' and it was music to my ears, because that's what X-Men is. That opens the door for a concept for this movie that will be disturbing and fascinating and controversial. It will be an interesting debate - should we or shouldn't we? All I can say is it's going to be a very interesting dilemma. It's a very intelligent movie. I think it's contextually going to be the best. We are so excited."Empire Magazine got chatting with Marvel head man Avi Arad about "X3" this week who confirmed "It won't be a female Angel. I don't know where that came from, maybe because he looks angelic. There will be interesting characters that will be introduced."

He also indicated the Dark Phoenix saga that the second film essentially sets up at the end, will not be a major part of the movie if at all it seems - "It should never be this one story. The main characters are more important than Jean Grey. This is a bigger story. Everybody's expecting Dark Phoenix, but Dark Phoenix would never be the main show. She'll be one of the characters, that's it. There are a lot of stories to tell...We needed something that is very big. In movie two, it was mutants against humans. In movie one, it was trying to understand. In movie three, it is probably philosophically the most interesting and provocative for all of us."

Does that mean the introduction of the mutant-killing Sentinels, we ventured, only to be met by Avi's very own mutant power - the ability to stonewall. Ouch. "It's funny because when we sat with Tom Rothman [Fox bigwig], he said 'this has to be an action drama' and it was music to my ears, because that's what X-Men is. That opens the door for a concept for this movie that will be disturbing and fascinating and controversial. It will be an interesting debate - should we or shouldn't we? All I can say is it's going to be a very interesting dilemma. It's a very intelligent movie. I think it's contextually going to be the best. We are so excited."

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Oh christ im sure the main villan this time around will be the mad tv repair man, that finds a way to capture mutants tv's or something.

"Sequel paragraphs" is making me to endure the suffering of brain farting!!! :lol :lol :lol

Edited: never mind! Copy pargagraph deleted!

teiresias

The main characters are more important than Jean Grey.

I'm sorry, Jean Grey isn't a main character? I guess that means we can look forward to more of Logan whining about not knowing enough about his past, etc.

Porridge

shoplifter said:
Making Warren a girl would have been an affront, so I'm glad it's not happening.

tru dat.

They should really make Beast some big dude with prosthetics. Hellboy's makeup was damn gorgeous and I don't know why it didn't get an Oscar nom. But yeah, a CG beast wouldn't look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom