• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Final Fantasy XI Beta GAF Linkshell

hgplayer1

I just wanted to let anyone thats playing the 360 beta of FFXI know that Im about to get a LS and will give anyone from here a pearl if you want it.

Maybe once the betas done we can continue in the retail version for those of us that will be getting it. Im still not sure if I am or not. I like the game I just wish I could find a group on the same sort of schedule as me so the partying will be effective.

Im currently leveling a 16WAR and 07WHM. I dont have my subjob yet. I started in San Doria.

Im not sure what to name the LS but I was thinking of something like, Fellowship of the Orly. ;)

Nutter is in but other than him I have no idea who has the game.

Alex

Is the retail 360 bit still going to involve playing on co-Japanese/English servers that are multi-years of progress ahead, thus making it borderline impossible to get a fresh start in the ruined economy?

I'd like to go back and play some day, but meh, the biggest problem FFXI ever had was the total inability to get a fresh start.

hgplayer1

yeah once the betas over its on to the old servers. I personally dont get why its that big a deal to some people but then again I just know the basics of the game at this point.

Scott

This is a little off-topic, but seeing as how the beta players will be popping up in this thread, it'd be a good place to mention it:

Week before the 360 retail release, I'm going to post a thread offering Worldpasses to any GAF members that need them (beta or otherwise). I'm on the server "Fairy," to note, as are a lot of other people here, so that's where my WPs will lead to. However, I'll try my best to get a few people from other servers to offer some in the thread, as well, in case there ends up being some people that'd rather play elsewhere.

And yes, I know it's a few months away yet, but I figured I'd post about it now anyway. :p

Nutter

Well, currently there is about 70% chance that i will stick around for the retail.. depends on how i do with oblivion.. too much RPG can be a bad thing :(.. (life sucking RPG's)

That said. I remember many many more people saying they would be getting beta for the 360, yet when threads like this pop up no one responds.

Me and HG are currently lvl 17 warr.. with HG being a lvl 8 mage as well. But we need more people to actually you know play with us.

AZ Greg

I'm a lvl 10 or 11 Warrior I forget and I have a friend who is a lvl 10 red mage. If you guys are looking for more people we'll play. Let us know what time you play, we'll probably be free.

hgplayer1

AZYUMA i think i used to have you on my friends list didnt I?

I still havent gotten the LS. trying to save gil back up to get it. Im currently lvl18 and tryin to party in the dunes but its hit and miss.

AZ what are you and your friends names in the game? also whats your gamertags so I can add you?

Nikashi, what do you call late? sometimes Im up as late as 12am PST. do you ever play on the weekends?

Jonnyram

It's pretty much certain that they will add new servers after the 360 version gets released, if enough new people sign on. Then they'll offer worldshifts to the new servers, but you're just as likely to get veterans shifting to the new servers anyway.

I don't think that playing on existing servers is that much of an issue though - I remember back when FFXI first came out, all the crappy stuff was ridiculously expensive because the economy hadn't found a footing. Nowadays everything is cheap apart from rare stuff which is stupidly priced. The top-end issues will hopefully be solved with their anti-RMT measures.

RuGalz

If any of you want to be on Fairy for retail (or whatever server I end up at if I decide to World Shift), let me know and I'll get you a pass. I would like to get one of those sprouts hat. :p

arne

Official word of the character transfer from beta servers to retail servers at http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

The commencement of official service for FINAL FANTASY XI on the Xbox 360 begins on April 20, 2006*, and so we must say farewell to the extremely popular beta test (ending at midnight PST on April 2, 2006). As was previously mentioned in Topics, it will be possible to transfer characters from the beta server to an existing World. The procedure for transferring characters will be explained in an upcoming announcement.
* Japan Standard Time.

Top Bottom