• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Spring Showcase on February 29th

S1kkZ

Halo 4 is 5X more powerfull then Halo 3.

Stupid embargo is stupid.

maybe there is nothing exciting to show? if there really is some big h4 stuff, it will leak before. i still think we will get a gameinformer cover story and after that the embargo drops and we will get more info.

Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Combat Evolved Re, Halo 4. I'd say that's enough fucking Halo games, surely another one isn't going to convince me to stick around.

That's 6...one not out, one in a different genre, one a remake...

I mean HD remakes are cool when it's ICO or God of War collection or something, with completely unchanged horrible graphics. But this one isnt? Amazing!

Nobody bitches about, omg 4 Uncharted games in 3 years kill me already.

wwm0nkey

maybe there is nothing exciting to show? if there really is some big h4 stuff, it will leak before. i still think we will get a gameinformer cover story and after that the embargo drops and we will get more info.

According to the magazine we will be seeing Halo 4 gameplay and it might be playable there (though maybe only for 343)

TheOddOne

Well if it's embargo'd then there must be something to show or tell :)

wwm0nkey

Damn. :(

Oh well, at least we still have a date. Eternally grateful for that.

Yeah its finally nice to have a date than just wondering "Will we ever see Halo 4 info!?"

Also Microsoft had a "no comment" statement about this so I would say that puts this at a 99% chance lol

S1kkZ

do you guys think there is a chance that we will see project draco, the crytek kinect game and the new steel battalion?

wwm0nkey

do you guys think there is a chance that we will see project draco, the crytek kinect game and the new steel battalion?

Probably this is a 360 showcase after all. Though Captivate is on April 5th so they might hold back Steel Battalion until then.

Duxxy3

oEynF.gif

Was just about to post this.

Y'all are getting your hopes up yet again.

We are expecting Halo 4 and some Kinect games, I say are hopes are in line with what we will be getting lol

I hope we will get some XBLA announcements as well. I really want to see what Twisted Pixel has going on, and hopefully also something from Double Fine at some point.

Oh you know some info will leak before then. Though I assume they are lifting the embargo that day because of magazines and ect.

I just depend on the french 1 week before the event they will probably have leaked the game already and spoiled the whole campaign..

Feindflug

Kinect is making a killing for investors. Money is more important than your desires, sadly.

Yep after seeing the thread with the sales of all 3 systems last year and MS in the no.1 spot I think it's safe to say that for the rest of this gen we have to deal with it...sadly.

We will be lucky if we'll get another traditional core game announced for this year.

Feindflug

I think that the fact of that, will be because every studio is focused on the next console, and not due to Kinect actually.

Well this is a possibility but on the other hand you still see Kinect only/hybrid games coming out - Steel Battalion, Ryse, Project Draco are some examples...it's the traditional core game line-up that's lacking and as of now 360's 2012 line-up looks even more empty retail wise, in other words if you haven't already a Kinect or plan to spend 150e on the damn thing you only have Halo 4 and Witcher 2 to look forward to.

Thank god for the amazing XBLA line-up.

Kinect is making a killing for investors. Money is more important than your desires, sadly.

Thankfully, their moneymaker and my desires are in good sync. Really, together with Halo 4 and The Lost Guardian, Project Draco, Ryse and Steel Battalion are among my most anticipated 2012 exclusives.

wwm0nkey

Ok so Frankie, David and pretty much all of 343 are not commenting on this at all which is a very good sign because by now we would have gotten at least a mention of it but the whole studio seems to be avoiding talking about it.

TheOddOne

Ok so Frankie, David and pretty much all of 343 are not commenting on this at all which is a very good sign because by now we would have gotten at least a mention of it but the whole studio seems to be avoiding talking about it.
Also Fronkie showed the game to the god that is named Greg Bear. Which, if we speculate, must mean that game is in a far enough stage to show off.

Satchel

Banned
That's 6...one not out, one in a different genre, one a remake...

I mean HD remakes are cool when it's ICO or God of War collection or something, with completely unchanged horrible graphics. But this one isnt? Amazing!

Nobody bitches about, omg 4 Uncharted games in 3 years kill me already.

This Halo is milked stuff pisses me. It's actually the least milked of the main franchises.

I mean, if we choose to ignore Mario as the exception (otherwise he'd rape this award), even a franchise like God of War has 7 games in 7 years if we're going to include HD remakes.

If you look at all the major franchises since 2001, I think Zelda is the only one that has less games than Halo (or ratio of games released:number of years since first title), and I could even be wrong on that one if we include Gameboy and DS games.

I think maybe even Gran Turismo has more games since 2001 than Halo.

iavi

I wanted Halo to die a fond memory with Reach, but 343's supposed focus on characterization for the Chief is too enticing to pass up. It's a different direction, and I'm much hyped.

JaggedSac

Thankfully, their moneymaker and my desires are in good sync. Really, together with Halo 4 and The Lost Guardian, Project Draco, Ryse and Steel Battalion are among my most anticipated 2012 exclusives.

I'm with you on the others, but Steel Battalion is not looking too good dude.

DarkChild

Banned
I have to say that, 343i could do even better job with Halo. I mean, Bungie seemed a bit feed up with everything, and the talent that 343i has is astonishing really.

rukizzel

Neo Member
I have to say that, 343i could do even better job with Halo. I mean, Bungie seemed a bit feed up with everything, and the talent that 343i has is astonishing really.

Beyond their talent level, I am amazed at how much everyone there genuinely cares about the franchise. It's incredible to see people that excited to be working on a project as big as Halo.

szaromir

Banned
Beyond their talent level, I am amazed at how much everyone there genuinely cares about the franchise. It's incredible to see people that excited to be working on a project as big as Halo.

Bu bu but Ryan "MGS4 was such an inspiring project" Payton said the creativity is deliberately killed in the studio!

Ca't wait to see Halo 4, the wait is killing me
gusta.png

did ryan really say that?
"I had a great run at Microsoft," Payton told Kotaku. "I don't regret one day of it. But after a few years, there came a point where I wasn't creatively excited about the project anymore."

Continuing, Payton added, "The Halo I wanted to build was fundamentally different and I don't think I had built enough credibility to see such a crazy endeavor through."

http://kotaku.com/5837475/

This is an event that MS holds every once in awhile in Akiba. This will be Draco's Japanese debut (probably intl debut as well though right?).

The Microsoft x Capcom thing is first playables for several of their titles: SF x Tekken, Dragon's Dogma, Asura's Wrath and Resident Evil : Operation Raccoon City.

Top Bottom