• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox At gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JlNX

https://youtu.be/oRnZejqioII?t=1m34s

Has something changed because according to the Unlocked crew Xbox is having a briefing at Gamescom which IGN is having a pre (predictions) and post show for. I thought it was only a livestream like E3 games daily style, I don't think they have a stage presence so maybe it's a Nintendo direct style event. The AOE 60 minute livestream is the day after and seems to hint at a new AOE4 being teased as well as showing of the new remaster. So if they are having a briefing then I wonder why they wouldn't announce it then, do they not want to associate the AOE IP with rest of Xbox as a whole due to it being solely present on PC/Win10. Ybarra can't be having meetings with Phil about nothing, I think Ybarra is having those meetings to fill in for Spencer not being there right? Do you think he will be hosting the Xbox Daily style livestream or do you think he will be doing a Nintendo direct style briefing.

peppers

Supposedly the "show" (whatever it is) is hosted by Graeme Boyd and a german Xbox spokesperson. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Ybarra showed up to talk about the avatar redesign or even show 4K enhanced games.
They should go all out and have a staged briefing imo. I'm a bit tired of not knowing what exactly is it and if there will be major news aside from pre orders etc.

https://youtu.be/oRnZejqioII?t=1m34s

Has something changed because according to the Unlocked crew Xbox is having a briefing at Gamescom which IGN is having a pre (predictions) and post show for. I thought it was only a livestream like E3 games daily style, I don't think they have a stage presence so maybe it's a Nintendo direct style event. The AOE 60 minute livestream is the day after and seems to hint at a new AOE4 being teased as well as showing of the new remaster. So if they are having a briefing then I wonder why they wouldn't announce it then, do they not want to associate the AOE IP with rest of Xbox as a whole due to it being solely present on PC/Win10. Ybarra can't be having meetings with Phil about nothing, I think Ybarra is having those meetings to fill in for Spencer not being there right? Do you think he will be hosting the Xbox Daily style livestream or do you think he will be doing a Nintendo direct style briefing.

They are not having a briefing.

Xbox @ gamescom Live
Tune in on Sunday, August 20, at 9:00pm CEST, 12:00pm PDT to a special Xbox @ gamescom live show to get latest news and announcements on Xbox One X.

The show will be hosted by Graeme Boyd (aka @AceyBongos) and Xbox Germany’s Maxi Graeff (@GMaxee). They’ll have news to share, games to show off, will sit down to talk with developers from fan favorite studios and play some of the year’s hottest games yet to be released. There will even be a few surprises and giveaways along the way, so be sure to tune in on mixer.com or watch via the Mixer app.

Its crazy to see how a site as big as IGN with a dedicated Xbox podcast can be so out of touch and out of the loop.

Next weeks Unlocked should be a belter! lol

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is Microsoft having a press conference at GamesCom or no?

Shin

Banned
They cancel crackdown in their Liveshow ? Never done before.. It will be probably nothing exciting :/

Hahaha I knew someone would post about Crackdown.
One would think Phil/Larry would attend to try and sell people on Xbox, such a weird move.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't want to be rude, but have a look at the first post ;)

No rudeness. My mistake for not checking the first post. I should have but went straight to post a reply. Thanks.

However, is it being live streamed on youtube or only mixer? Thanks.

crash-logo.png

Alx

I just started playing my copy of Recore (great game, except for the loading times), I hope there will be a cheap upgrade offer à la "Ori & the blind forest" to get the definitive edition without paying the full price.

peppers

Xbox has a series of events taking place during the week, alongside a hefty live-stream presentation on the Sunday (I'm reliably told it will be a long one, and feature a few promising announcements). Microsoft appears acutely aware of how important the next few days will be in building hype for its new machine, particularly in Europe
from http://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2017-08-16-can-xbox-make-gamescom-its-own

It says the magic words "reliably told" and "a few promising announcements".

That thing they've never done before probably won't be anything too special. Sorry to be negative but there is no reason to get excited about that. No way will it be a new game announcement or anything like that. But I would love to be wrong and have a nice surprise from them.

And that live presentation is not like a briefing right? I guess more like the daily show during E3?

oti

Banned
That thing they've never done before probably won't be anything too special. Sorry to be negative but there is no reason to get excited about that. No way will it be a new game announcement or anything like that. But I would love to be wrong and have a nice surprise from them.

And that live presentation is not like a briefing right? I guess more like the daily show during E3?

1 VS 100 ANNOUNCEMENT

#BELIEVE

peppers

Better than nothing, to be honest. I'd like to get hyped for Xbox again. Sony have their Paris Show and Nintendo doesn't really announce anything in Europe. So Xbox is the only one to look forward to this gamescom.

Lol "better than nothing", on the other hand, are the cursed words.

1 VS 100 ANNOUNCEMENT

#BELIEVE

That title doesn't ring a bell to me :)

I doubt it will be Tomb Raider related, but speaking of that game, shouldn't the new one be revealed at GC? I recall reading that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would get its reveal later this year. Not E3, so...... GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom