• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox & Game Pass - A Future I Do Not Want To Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LED Guy?

Banned
mod edit: if you learned your lessons you wouldn't be making an OP that didn't need to shit on Microsoft and shriek 'bad graphics' about Halo. If you have an issue with gamepass, make the point about that and stay on topic. Or you'll be given another break for the same instigation of console wars.

OK, I got banned for 2 weeks and now I'm a good boy thanks to Mod of War Mod of War EviLore EviLore & many other mods too, if I got permanently banned again, it'll be a good time I have spent with y'all. 🥰🥰🥰

Now let's talk Game Pass & how it'll affect gaming in the future, I just detest the future of gaming where everything is in a subscription-based model, it will make the developers that strive for the highest quality when it comes to work and budget, to become incompetent, because their games will be put in with the hundreds of others whether they're indies or big AAA games, it is like Communism, this is the Communism of gaming. (I know I'm a bit hyperbolic with the word "Communism" 😂).

Now let's go to Microsoft's rule here where they're putting all their 1st-party titles DAY AND DATE on Game Pass forever, this will make developers not work or make these HUGE AAA titles like Sony, Rockstar Games, Capcom, EA, Activision and many other AAA game makers, they will (like what Matt Booty, the head of Microsoft Studios said) make "AA games with as close to AAA games quality as possible" or along those lines, this just paints a very bad picture, even Matt said it, we KNOW when a PR says this stuff instead of denying it REALLY paints a picture & a future that we gamers do not want at all.

This will make games have HUGE Microtransactions and online modes focus instead of Single Player experiences that feel like they're manually hand made and not feel like some projects from a Drop-out student for a University, no passion, no art, just bad to somewhat decent quality, not something that only a AAA game can achieve (like the latest COD 2019, Metro Exodus, TLOU 2, RDR 2, God of War, Detroit Become Human, Spider Man PS4, etc...).

Here's the video for proof about Matt Booty saying it:

Xbox is kinda ruining gaming, their push for Game Pass is all “good” on the surface, but their downsides & cons are way more negative than y’all think.

Just look at fucking Halo Infinite, now it’s a “Games as a Service” type game with bad graphics (oh hey it’s 120 FPS excuse) and it having F2P online modes is the worst bad news you can have.

Releasing your main 1st-party games on Game Pass (((DAY ONE))) will make MS’s developers complacent and lets them release their games and can give them an excuse like “BUT HEY IT IS ON GAME PASS DAY ONE”, that's bad, very bad.

What are your guys' thoughts? I'm very interested in hearing about them, please have respectful, open and honest conversations with each other, how's my new profile picture by the way? 😂😂😂

CAB_Life

Shortsighted and naive and doesn’t consider the wider gaming audience or where gaming is moving as a whole: toward ubiquitous, accessible entertainment for all.

You sound like an old man angry that rotary phones are no longer the fashion. It’s this intractable reluctance to change that is the issue, not Gamepass, or even Sony’s attempts now, to prepare for a digital and open future.

You’ve clearly learned nothing from your time out.

Edit: grammar—cause it’s important! :)

Last edited:

DonDangDo

Neo Member
I think XGP is a good tactic for XBOX to find their own success in the competition, but I am honestly getting tired of hearing people praising it 'value'. Obviously they need to ramp up the subscription price or there would be a serious slump in the quality of their 1st party games.
Also most people seeming to have forgotten that XGP is actually taking away XBOX owners' gaming budget/time/mindshare from other major 3rd parties, so we might see more cross-platforms pushed to Sony's favor down the road.

But it all boils down to a single question: will this business model sustain a stable output of high-quality games, which we shall see in a few years when those games they showed CGI trailers back in July are eventually released.

Shubh_C63

GaaS is the eventual evolution in line with both developers time/effort and people time/money.

I would have preferred how games were always delivered, but then again people are doing crazy workhours to complete those projects. There will always be some developer who will keep making single player AAA projects if no one other does. So i am not that worried and its easy on my wallet.

LED Guy?

Banned
Games like flight simulator/wasteland 3 sorta destroy your argument...it’s pretty clear they are turning a corner quality wise it’s just a matter of time before we get to a steady flow of great games

and the best part....you don’t need to spend $70 each time to experience these titles
Flight Simulator 2020 isn't really what I would call a AAA game, it's just a airplane with a Google Map-like renderer, nothing that special.

Wasteland 3, while it's a great game, it is not a huge budget game with lots of developers.

LED Guy?

Banned
Shortsighted and naive and doesn’t consider the wider gaming audience or where gaming is moving as a whole: toward ubiquitous, accessible entertainment for all.

You sound like an old man angry that rotary phones are no longer the fashion. It’s this intractable reluctance to change that is the issue, not Gamepass (or even Sony’s attempts now) to prepare for a digital and open future.

You’ve clearly learned nothing from your time out.
Old man angry because I demand high quality games? I mean even Matt Booty is saying it to you, and you're sitting here denying it?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Now let's talk Game Pass & how it'll affect gaming in the future, I just detest the future of gaming where everything is in a subscription-based model, it will make the developers that strive for the highest quality when it comes to work and budget, to become incompetent, because their games will be put in with the hundreds of others whether they're indies or big AAA games, it is like Communism, this is the Communism of gaming.

:lollipop_neutral:

freefornow

Gold Member
You don't have to subscribe.
If you feel there are no high quality games available, then there other options for you. Even on Xbox.

cormack12

Gold Member
We're the old generation dude. This is the transition that is coming. As time goes by we're a shrinking market, and the growing markets are GaaS, service based games and services (FUT, HUT, GTA:O, Battle Royale, GP, PSNow) etc. Companies would be daft to not take a slice of the pie. Even Sony are exploring this with Factions and ND. It's going to be no surprise to see single player IPs get slower from Sony. Sony still have a good solid revenue from single player, but as soon as the cost:benefit ratio drops they will be more likely be converted to service based games. Maybe not until next generation but it's coming.

Do you guys on here even play games anymore, i feel all you do is bitch about xbox these days lmao.

There is nothing wrong with AA games, in fact i would like more of it in this talentless industry we have nowadays, all AAA games are just soooo safe since the development costs keeps increasing, no one dares to experiment anymore, in fact i would rather we go back to PS2-PS3 days of graphics, it would reduce cost and allow for studios to experiment and take chances. Imagine how gameplay would evolve, you could have thousands of enemies on the screen, and other insane stuff if we scaled back graphics and just focused on ai and gameplay instead of fidelity with the increased power we have nowadays, If what you say is true, and MS is pushing for more AA games im a happy camper.

Also your point that it will fill games with microtransactions, lol thats a concern you should have had years ago All games today are filled with it, and it will never go away no matter what other companies does.

If you dont like gamepass, just dont subscribe to it on pc, i know that you have no intention of buying a xbox platform anyways so it shouldnt be a problem for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom