• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Store Black Friday Sale

Alpende

Mark of the Ninja for 5 euros is good right? I didn't want to buy anymore games for this gen but this is tempting.

Banjo Kazooie/Tooie please. Got my 360 late in the game and the damn games haven't been on sale. I really want them, but not going to pay $15 for uprezzed N64 games I already own, dammit.

NeoGash

Only decent thing there I don't have already is the MOTN DLC... when do these go up in the UK?

They are already up. Use the links the OP provided and replace the "en-US" with "en-GB". You will have to do a manual search as Microsoft don't really give a toss about dashboards in other countries outside the U.S. I used the A-Z search options on my Xbox earlier today. Still waiting for Major Nelson to post the sales up as there are more to come, but he....is kind of slow with these things.

Is Dust really that good?
I'm wondering if I should buy it as the last game my X360 gets

Yes, it is good, quite a decent length as well. You can upgrade your stats as you level and become super OP and it makes the game really fun when you get 2000 hit combos. Definitely one of the better download titles we have seen this generation that is for sure. I have honestly not heard of one person who didn't like it.

...and? Is that a reason to forget about your early adopters? I would think, from a marketing pov, you´d want to encourage them.

What about the people that just paid full price for a game on release over the weekend then a couple of days later it goes on sale? Imagine the uproar. As an early adopter I don't feel forgotten about, expecting a sale on Xbox One stuff so soon is nonsensical.

Hammer24

Banned
What about the people that just paid full price for a game on release over the weekend then a couple of days later it goes on sale? Imagine the uproar. As an early adopter I don't feel forgotten about, expecting a sale on Xbox One stuff so soon is nonsensical.

I don´t see it as that much of a problem. Early adopters know they pay premiums, and stuff gets cheaper, either over time or on special occasions. And black Friday is a very special occasion for sales, no?
I think the upside of throwing your early adopters a bone, marketing wise, is higher than the possible downside of an uproar, which I think wouldn´t materialize.

Alpende

I don't understand those people. Sales happen, if you buy something a week before something goes on sale it's just bad luck.

adamma666

Is Dust really that good?
I'm wondering if I should buy it as the last game my X360 gets

I really liked it and would highly recommend buying it for that price. It is a steal, imo. The graphics really impressed me and the soundtrack was absolutely adorable, too. Oh, and the game plays nice :).

Are the Mass Effect 3 DLC on sale/will they be on sale? I only have From Ashes and The Extended Cut and was planning on buying the rest later in the week but if a sale is coming to the UK Marketplace I think I can wait a couple extra days.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Full list is up.

Puzzle Quest for $3 is very tempting, & for some reason, the same can be said for Onechanbara, & I don't know why....

Battleblock Theater for $5 seems like a good deal as well.

so i have $ in my account, why does the web store not allow me to pay for games and dlc with that? instead it's asking for a cc..

LNBL

Does anyone know if I can:
1- Change from the Dutch to the US, CA or MX marketplace
2- Download the discounted Diablo 3
3- Change back to the Dutch marketplace
4- Play the game?

Does anyone know if I can:
1- Change from the Dutch to the US, CA or MX marketplace
2- Download the discounted Diablo 3
3- Change back to the Dutch marketplace
4- Play the game?

You can't. When you change regions, you have to wait three months to change back. And Games on Demand are region locked when you wanna buy so unless you're in NA, you wouldn't be able to get them.

LNBL

You can't. When you change regions, you have to wait three months to change back. And Games on Demand are region locked when you wanna buy so unless you're in NA, you wouldn't be able to get them.

Ahh okay, thanks for the advice :) Guess I'll get Dragon's Dogma then.

Top Bottom