• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Streaming app is now live on Windows — via a sneaky download

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You can download the package directly from this link:

Then enter the phrase

XGPUBeta

when asked for the Offering ID (after signing in with your Game Pass account if you haven't already). Enjoy!

TLZ

Banned
I wanted to try xcloud but it says tap learn more and that opens a website that says xcloud preview is closed.

So I can only use this for streaming from console.

I wanted to try xcloud but it says tap learn more and that opens a website that says xcloud preview is closed.

So I can only use this for streaming from console.
Does this have remote play/console streaming? From the article they only talk about xcloud streaming.

TLZ

Banned
Does this have remote play/console streaming? From the article they only talk about xcloud streaming.
Yeah.

ZMpt0k1.jpg

longdi

Banned
pc GPU lacks quite a few games from console GPU
does this means with this streaming, a PCMR like me can access to all console and pc GPU games?

M16

pc GPU lacks quite a few games from console GPU
does this means with this streaming, a PCMR like me can access to all console and pc GPU games?
yea,for example, im playing outriders which is on console gamepass but not PC

dcx4610

This will be the end of gaming as we know it. It reminds me a lot of physical movies vs. Netflix/streaming or physical music (CDs/vinyl) vs. Spotify.

People love GamePass and I hear regular people talk about it in passing. Now combine GamePass + XCloud and now you don't even need a console? You just play it from your TV or phone? As long as Microsoft finds a way to sell a controller to the masses (or just pack them with new TVs), it will change gaming. The average consumer will just stream their games like they do their movies and music. They don't care about having the best quality or having a beefy console or computer render the graphics they are seeing. All they know is they are playing a game.

Like the physical media guys, us hardware fans will become niche and gaming PCs will probably be the only way left to play games in a traditional sense. Consoles will just be streaming boxes like Amazon Fire Sticks for TVs that don't have the app. The future is grim but thankfully more and more people are getting into PC gaming and it might be our savior.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's not going to be the end of regular gaming unless they can reduce the latency. Ok for casual gaming, but you can still feel this difference. If this improves, then who cares if it's local or not - as long as the gaming is fun.

It's not going to be the end of regular gaming unless they can reduce the latency. Ok for casual gaming, but you can still feel this difference. If this improves, then who cares if it's local or not - as long as the gaming is fun.
Yep, the guys streaming Halo multiplayer on their TV will be getting absolutely massacred by the console and PC users just due to latency. On the other hand it shouldn't be too hard to enjoy the single player campaign via streaming. It will have good use cases in the right situation, but it's not going to destroy consoles

Streaming from the console is FAR better than it was previously, much better performance and quality. Sound doesn't seem to be working at all, though.

Phase

This will be the end of gaming as we know it. It reminds me a lot of physical movies vs. Netflix/streaming or physical music (CDs/vinyl) vs. Spotify.

People love GamePass and I hear regular people talk about it in passing. Now combine GamePass + XCloud and now you don't even need a console? You just play it from your TV or phone? As long as Microsoft finds a way to sell a controller to the masses (or just pack them with new TVs), it will change gaming. The average consumer will just stream their games like they do their movies and music. They don't care about having the best quality or having a beefy console or computer render the graphics they are seeing. All they know is they are playing a game.

Like the physical media guys, us hardware fans will become niche and gaming PCs will probably be the only way left to play games in a traditional sense. Consoles will just be streaming boxes like Amazon Fire Sticks for TVs that don't have the app. The future is grim but thankfully more and more people are getting into PC gaming and it might be our savior.
A lot of my music I can't even get on spotify. I had premium for a while and albums would disappear all the time. Songs in my playlists would be greyed out and removed constantly. I moved to just supporting the artists directly again like in the past. I get physical media and an additional download is with it most of the time if I want the files.

I hate to agree with you but you're right about the direction the industry is moving. I care about quality over convenience, so I guess I'll be in the niche groups with you guys for the foreseeable future. We'll always be out there though.

Top Bottom