• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gamepad PC Update | Microsoft Accessories App

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Having trouble with random disconnects of the Microsoft Xbox gamepad on your PC? Your not alone! Did you know you can update your gamepad? Here's how:
Download and install the Microsoft Accessories App from the Windows Store (or do a search if link is not working). Make sure your gamepad is plugged in securely to one of your PC's USB ports. Start the app/program. You'll then be presented with an graphic of the gamepad. Click the three dots below the gamepad graphic, to the left of the flask icon:

kGmecmT.png

Next you be presented with a few options, including an Update feature. If an update is available, it should take between 1-2 mins to complete.

Last edited:

Bojji

Is there option to increase deadzone? My series controller started some stick drift this week...

Zuzu

Yeah the Series X controller does have occasional updates. I've probably had to update mine 3 or 4 times since the end of 2020.

El Muerto

About time. I have to keep reinstalling an old driver to prevent the disconnects using the official wireless adaptor.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Windows Bluetooth is latency city trash.

I just gave in and went wired connection,h
How old is your MB?

Most of the recent ones have had decent BT.

Then again, I use the wireless receiver for the One s and Series pads I have.

I do have to consistently unplug and plug back in my receiver dongle.

I'm not sure if it's the HW or because the pads need updating.

Really annoying to have to do that L.kst every boot up.

El Muerto

How old is your MB?

Most of the recent ones have had decent BT.

Then again, I use the wireless receiver for the One s and Series pads I have.

I do have to consistently unplug and plug back in my receiver dongle.

I'm not sure if it's the HW or because the pads need updating.

Really annoying to have to do that L.kst every boot up.
This driver version here works the best with the official wireless receiver that comes with the Series gamepads. Once i installed this instead of the driver that installs via windows update my gamepads would connect immediately.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This driver version here works the best with the official wireless receiver that comes with the Series gamepads. Once i installed this instead of the driver that installs via windows update my gamepads would connect immediately.
You updated straight from Device Manager?

El Muerto

You updated straight from Device Manager?
Yes, just unzip the cab file. Then go into device manager -> Networking adapters and update the Xbox wireless adapter and then click browse for driver then let me pick. Then locate the files you extracted from the .cab. Just a heads up, a windows update might update the driver.

Top Bottom