• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live (360) Black Friday Sales Starting Now - Up to 85% Off

Do I get Skate 2 or 3?

I remember people being disappointed with 3 and saying it didn't offer much of an upgrade, but that was at a point when it was $60 and Skate 2 was probably $20 or less. At $1 more the price is pretty insignificant, so which is the better game?

Get both! it's only like $7.

In the end though, Skate 3 is a much better looking game, and the off-board controls are a huge improvement. It also has a bit crazier physics. I had a great time with a friend one night just launching off huge ramps and getting crazy air-time. They also did co-op campaign as far as I remember.

On the other hand, apparently skaters don't mind a game having a bit of a grungy look. My brother swears by Skate 2 and loved it. It just seems like a damn fun game, Hall of Meat is a ton of fun. It also has a big open-world.

I'd choose 3, but I haven't played either as much as Skate 1.

MrDaravon

Some good 360 deals. I strongly prefer physical copies of games, but I might bite on Just Cause 2 and Amalur at those prices. Also maybe Strider.

Burnout Paradise is an ABSOLUTE MUST BUY at that price though, holy shit.

louiedog

Get both! it's only like $7.

In the end though, Skate 3 is a much better looking game, and the off-board controls are a huge improvement. It also has a bit crazier physics. I had a great time with a friend one night just launching off huge ramps and getting crazy air-time. They also did co-op campaign as far as I remember.

On the other hand, apparently skaters don't mind a game having a bit of a grungy look. My brother swears by Skate 2 and loved it. It just seems like a damn fun game, Hall of Meat is a ton of fun. It also has a big open-world.

I'd choose 3, but I haven't played either as much as Skate 1.

Thanks for that info. I've got so much credit I probably should probably just get both, but realistically I probably won't even get around to doing everything I want in one game unfortunately.

Is this a US/CAN only thing or is Europe in on it? If so then they'll probably appear on the UK store 24 hours later on Wednesday like they usually do.

Good job I saw this thread as I'd just bought a pointcard and was just about to buy some games, now I'll wait and see.

EDIT: I just checked Skate 3 and it's £2.99 so it looks like MS just hasn't put up a sales page yet.

TheMan

i already own most of the games that look interesting, although i guess i'll pick up crysis and re4

Literally not a single game for me.

I think I own all those games that I'd be interested in on one platform (or even more than one).

Az987

all good things
I wish they'd put more dlc and xbla games on sale. I don't buy retail games digital and I still have that free GameStop xbox money burning a hole in my pocket.

Daigoro

^^you too.

Is that all of it? I was kinda hoping for Gears of War: Judgement.

Literally not a single game for me.

I think I own all those games that I'd be interested in on one platform (or even more than one).

its Monday, wait until Black Fri-Cyber Mon before giving up.

Did Xbox ever implement some sort of cross buy program like Playstation?

sadly no. Destiny is the only game i know of that did it, and that's limited to January or something.

i really wish they had.

Top Bottom