• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

Acosta

Scoot, Arnie represent the established power that don´t let free press give the info that people demands. Fight the system and tell us what is about!

arnie, I´m journalist too, why I done´t have embargoes?, I demand embargoes! ;)

It´s a shame Drinky is not PR from Microsoft, right now we would be discussing the arrival of Zelda to Live! :p

Scoot said:
Yeah, I know. Embargoes suck.

I think he meant "Someone has to know what time the conference starts." Which is really all I personally expected you to divulge.

(So...do you know what time the conference starts? Surely that can't be embargoed, can it? I imagine the entire Japanese press core on the dock in the Season Finale of Lost.
One nods to another and then the blindfolds go on. Peter Moore comes in on a small boat and approaches Luke.

LUKE: WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?
"PETER MOORE": We're the good guys, Luke.
LUKE: What about the Japanese Press Core? I was promised they would still be able to ignore the 360.
"PETER MOORE": The Japanese Press Core is coming to the Press Conference with us.
)

squicken

My body clock is now completely confused, as I was up at 4am local time ready to start my day...yet the day was not ready to be started. The Xbox briefing is this afternoon (it's Wednesday here in Tokyo) over at the Cerulean Tower Hotel in Shibuya. We'll be posting the complete video of the briefing on Xbox.com tomorrow morning (Wednesday PT time) as well as short highlights version. At the same time, I'll have the audio posted here. Now that we're all totally confused regarding the times...here is all you need to know: Expect video and audio from the briefing to be posted by 8am PT Wednesday morning.

Still confused? Click here to figure out what time in your timezone to start seeing the audio and video.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/19/Xbox-Briefing-Schedule.aspx

arne

Press conference starts sometime after 2pm JST, 10pm/12am/1am PST/CST/EST.

News should hit sometime between there a few hours after.

aka I JUST MADE YOU ALL STAY UP LATE!

my plan is working.

arne said:

my plan is working.

Now that's more like it.

C4Lukins

arne said:

my plan is working.

Haha, screw you Mountain Time. No conference for you.

LukeSmith

arne said:

my plan is working.

So I can publish at about 10 p.m. Pacific. Cool ;)

ant1532

Banned
Scoot said:
So I can publish at about 10 p.m. Pacific. Cool ;)
Who out of the 1UP crew is gunna be there in Tokyo for TGS anyways? Didn't you guys send some up early last week to catch the Wii event?

Chittagong

Gold Member
squicken said:
My body clock is now completely confused, as I was up at 4am local time ready to start my day...yet the day was not ready to be started. The Xbox briefing is this afternoon (it's Wednesday here in Tokyo) over at the Cerulean Tower Hotel in Shibuya. We'll be posting the complete video of the briefing on Xbox.com tomorrow morning (Wednesday PT time) as well as short highlights version. At the same time, I'll have the audio posted here. Now that we're all totally confused regarding the times...here is all you need to know: Expect video and audio from the briefing to be posted by 8am PT Wednesday morning.

Still confused? Click here to figure out what time in your timezone to start seeing the audio and video.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/19/Xbox-Briefing-Schedule.aspx

I did the exact same thing here in Kyoto... been reading GAF since 5 am. I'll be speeding towards Tokyo with Shinkansen around noontime, however.

TGS here I come!

Acosta

duckroll said:
Yeah, in Spain, next week. :lol

We usually get things one year later, Microsoft must love us!

Actually, I can believe I´m not going at X06 being it in Barcelona :p No TGS, no X06, I must be an human waste or something.

Odysseus

Banned
So is this press conference tomorrow/tonight, is that what I'm getting? I haven't been keeping up with the thread or TGS here, so is that right?

Wake me up if anything important happens.

I'll be awake anyway

Acosta

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Hope someone will be around that can translate.

Arne will put the full conference at Live! fuly translated at the same time he gets done the Pshyconauts compatibility patch AND release Lumines Live. Mark my words

sangreal

I'm assuming there will be no major announcements or we would have heard about them

Sorry arne, I just can't believe that you guys kept a secret

LukeSmith

sangreal said:
I'm assuming there will be no major announcements or we would have heard about them

Sorry arne, I just can't believe that you guys kept a secret

I think Microsoft might win this round :)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Scoot said:

YOU HEARD THAT GAF GET HYPED WEDNESDAYTON'S A DROPPIN'

AKA Underwhelmton in the making.

God I can't wait to watch this unravel, no matter which way it goes.

Karma Kramer said:
Add 10 more pages to this thread...

gawd... such a tease

:lol

Not yet. Most people around here aren't paying attention to this conference because they're not expecting much and/or they're too busy looking at other stuff like the PS3 and Wii.

I imagine it'll be relatively quiet until the news starts spilling out.

Odysseus

Banned
Scoot said:

If there's no Final Fantasy XIII 360 port announced, I guarantee a massive yawn from somewhere near my PC. But, you know, I've been way too jaded recently.

Oh, and I don't really expect a Final Fantasy port ever. (XI doesn't count.)

arne

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Not yet. Most people around here aren't paying attention to this conference because they're not expecting much and/or they're too busy looking at other stuff like the PS3 and Wii.

I imagine it'll be relatively quiet until the news starts spilling out.

don't forget there's a whole xbox-centric conference still to come.

see what i did there?

har har.

arne said:

see what i did there?

har har.

Centric...centric...

No, I'm not getting that reference...but maybe that itself is the reference? That I don't get it? That it's...a mystery...?

MYST ON XBLA CONFIRMAWEDNESDAYTON????

arne said:

see what i did there?

har har.

cool... 1hr long Tri-ace Infinite Undiscovery unveil of a playable demo for the show floor? that would just be super-duper!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
aku:jiki said:
Wait, what? Where acn said feature be founD?

It's not a feature. The large "ad" type space in the Dashboard, that changes every once in a while, is now about the Bringing it Home event.

3rdman

Jelly_Beans.jpg

Great...now I've got a craving.

Top Bottom