• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown Sale starting December 22 - "Biggest sale ever"

bit off topic but playing GoW again sure feels good. Especially using the chain saw gun.

Do have a question though, how long does it take for MS to send me the codes for the xbox 360 version of the GoW games?

Egg0

Banned
Anyone play Book of Unwritten Tales 2? Looks like a straight forward adventure game, but the description says it's over 20 hours long.

Watched a few clips featured on the store page, there's a pretty amusing Mario reference. Wondering if the writing holds up for the length of game there is and the quality of puzzles.

Is the extra content worth it for Alien Isolation?

It's not about the price, but I have no interest in challenge style maps. It looks like Last Survivor and Crew Expendable are story DLC, but I'm not sure.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok, I just decide to buy life is strange, probably going to regret it next week but now I dont care.

Honestly doubt that you will regret it. I bought the first episode when it first came out and didn't wind up really giving it a try until after the Video Game Awards. I loved it and have been excitedly waiting for this to go on sale again

MrBlonde

I forgot how fun saints row is, put in a little over an hour last night and had a good time. I really want to play the Xmas dlc but can't find it, I'm guessing it unlocks at some point??

Can't decide if I should get Life is Strange, everyone seems to like it but I found The Walking Dead to be boring and everyone liked that too.

I'm not sure those games are for me maybe.

krang

Can't decide if I should get Life is Strange, everyone seems to like it but I found The Walking Dead to be boring and everyone liked that too.

I'm not sure those games are for me maybe.

After hearing feedback here and being a massive fan of TWD, I was quite surprised how much I disliked the game. I'd rather have watched it rather than play it.

Went to go look at Life is Strange again just now and the buttons of the daily on my system have changed to Dying Light save 50% and Outlast and Outlast+DLC Bundle save 67%.

Prices themselves haven't seemed to change yet though.

I played Outlast on PS4 and enjoyed it (sorta, haha I dunno why I played right through it, don't usually care for horror stuff) - does anyone know if you can skip straight to the DLC or do you need to play the original first to access it? Don't really want to play through again on Xbox just to get to that.

Detective

Guys is life is strange good? You have intrigued me to buy it.

Also there are two versions. One for 10 USD and the second one for 2.5 USD which it says : ( bundle containing this item episode 1-5 )

Aren't they the same?

MattyG

Banned
I was going to wait for Forza Horizon 2 to go on sale... but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. I may just grab Rainbow Six instead and call it a day on this sale.

Also there are two versions. One for 10 USD and the second one for 2.5 USD which it says : ( bundle containing this item episode 1-5 )

Aren't they the same?

It's great. Fantastic even.

Also the $2.50 is just for episode 1 unless there's some sort of pricing error. The "bundles containing this item" is just saying that episode 1 is included in the complete season which is $10.

enemy2k

So I got Storm Island, South Park: Stick of Truth, Titanfall, Kings Quest Ep1, Sunset Overdrive Deluxe, Dragon Age: Inquisition - Game Of The Year Edition, Life is Strange Complete Season and The Walking Dead: Season 2 out of the sale. Unless a great daily deal pops up, I think I am done so far.

Osahi

Aren't they the same?

LiS is awesome. If you like telltale-like games.

Detective

It's great. Fantastic even.

Also the $2.50 is just for episode 1 unless there's some sort of pricing error. The "bundles containing this item" is just saying that episode 1 is included in the complete season which is $10.

Thanks for replay bro. I will buy it.
Maybe it's a pricing error? Including episode 1-5 .
Hmmmm.

Thanks for replay bro. I will buy it.
Maybe it's a pricing error? Including episode 1-5 .
Hmmmm.

Is this what's confusing you?

bundlezeqv4.png

If so it's saying that the item "Life is Strange" (which is just episode 1) is in the bundle, not that you get the bundle for buying "Life is Strange." It's kind of weird because there's nothing actually labeled "episode 1" on the store.

Essentially the item "Life is Strange" on the store is just episode 1. The "Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)" is the cheapest way to get all 5 episodes.

Hopefully that clears it up.

LiS is awesome. If you like telltale-like games.

What if I don't like Telltale's games? To be more specific, I like the story and characters, but hate all the QTEs and poor action sequences. I think I recall TWD having a sniping section with massive input lag on 360, and the QTEs were just too much, so I never finished.

Does LiS have QTEs and bad action sequences?

What if I don't like Telltale's games? To be more specific, I like the story and characters, but hate all the QTEs and poor action sequences. I think I recall TWD having a sniping section with massive input lag on 360, and the QTEs were just too much, so I never finished.

Does LiS have QTEs and bad action sequences?

Life is Strange has no QTEs or prompts to mash buttons or anything like that. Pretty much everything revolves around rewinding time to solve puzzles or interacting with specific objects in the world.

So far all I've gotten is Alien and ill probably never play that.

I was really looking forward to Rainbow Six, is it worth picking up for a solo shooter player? I mainly play online but unless I have real life friends on I don't use a mic or party up with randoms

Oh wtf no more daily deals at least go till the 1st!

That's me done then

Forza 5
South Park
Saints Row
Alien Isolation
Back to the Future

Thanks op for an informative and always updated thread, enjoy the backlog guys!

Ed- oh wait lol

sam777

So far all I've gotten is Alien and ill probably never play that.

I was really looking forward to Rainbow Six, is it worth picking up for a solo shooter player? I mainly play online but unless I have real life friends on I don't use a mic or party up with randoms

I would also like to know about this.

Detective

Is this what's confusing you?

If so it's saying that the item "Life is Strange" (which is just episode 1) is in the bundle, not that you get the bundle for buying "Life is Strange." It's kind of weird because there's nothing actually labeled "episode 1" on the store.

Essentially the item "Life is Strange" on the store is just episode 1. The "Life is Strange Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)" is the cheapest way to get all 5 episodes.

Hopefully that clears it up.

Thanks a lot . appreciate it:)

oti

Banned
Seems expensive for what isn't even the complete set of videos (you only get the first 5 - the rest are additional cost on top).

Oh wow, really? That's a definite nope from me then. Thanks for the warning.

And WOW at no FH2 daily and only bundling it up with Forza 6 to not have its price drop too low. Your loss MS, I'll buy it used for like 20€ then.

A bit confused with the dead island stuff

Searched on playstation store and dont see escape from dead island on ps4 (is it just on ps3 and x1?)

What is escape from dead island exactly? Is it stand alone

also noticed

Riptide
escape dead island labs

what's the differences in riptide, escape and labs? I assume riptide is an add on while escape is a more concrete package?

A bit confused with the dead island stuff

Searched on playstation store and dont see escape from dead island on ps4 (is it just on ps3 and x1?)

What is escape from dead island exactly? Is it stand alone

also noticed

Riptide
escape dead island labs

what's the differences in riptide, escape and labs? I assume riptide is an add on while escape is a more concrete package?

Dead Island is a good game made by Techland.
Dead Island Riptide is a cheaply made sequel, inferior in every way, made my a lesser team within Techland.
Escape Dead Island is a horrendous steaming pile of shit that fails at even been competent in any way.
Escape Dead Island Labs is DLC for the above game that does not improve things in any way.

Last day deals suck. MS should've pulled a Steam and put all the games on sale again for a Final Round. I did make out like a bandit tho:

Need for speed deluxe
Minecraft story mode
Shovel knight
Sleeping dogs
Lego marvel
Lego movie
Legend of Korra
Forza H2 Storm island
Forza H2 car pack
Olli olli

Top Bottom