• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Head sets....

StRaNgE

Banned
Ok, i been playing for some time now on the one that comes with the little starter kit until this afternoon i broke the damn thing.

so i had seen the wireless one as well as the halo one as well as the replacments for the stock of higher quality.

what i ask of you all is to give me your honest feedback on each one you have used.

i almost walked out today with the wireless but could not bring myself to shell out 80 bones on it.

then i almost went with the simple upgrade but ended up getting talked into the halo one due to it suppossedly being the superior of all out and a copy of what At&t workers use and so forth (or so i was told)

anyway, it seems ok, no one can seem to tell a difference in my voice output but i swear everyone's voices seem so much quiter now then what they were. even with them turned up all the way.

should i have shelled out the additional 30 bones?

or should i have saved the extra 25 and just gone with bare bottom?

anyone used any of these?

Ramirez

Haha,mine broke too,if you're good with tools you could do what my grandpa did for mine,just drill a hole through it then fasten it that way,it's ten times better now than it was before it was broke :lol

hgplayer1

Ive successfully repaired at least two of those things with super glue. I cant see spending any more money than is necessary for the headset though and I dont see how any of the other ones can do any better of a job. Id hate to buy that Halo one and find out the earpiece part isnt as loud.

StRaNgE

Banned
Ramirez said:
Haha,mine broke too,if you're good with tools you could do what my grandpa did for mine,just drill a hole through it then fasten it that way,it's ten times better now than it was before it was broke :lol

that's a good idea. should be pretty easy to do too.

wonder if gamestop will take the halo headset back? lol

I drilled a hole in mine and then with pliers, undid a gigantic paper clip and used that through the hole I made and then twisted it off. Works pretty good actually.

StRaNgE

Banned
fixed the old one with Epoxy puddy . you can pick it up at any swimming supply store.

works similar to clay and when it cures it is harder then stone and can be carved and shaped some more if ya want and painted to match.

i find myself now playing more with the old stock one because people can hear me better then with the pricier halo one.

Xbox Live Headsets...Are the worst console accessory since PlayStation Controllers. The original PlayStation. When I was done with my PlayStation I think I had like 7 or 8 controllers, almost all of which only functioned partially. And I'm not the guy who throws his controllers or anything either.

Anyway I've only had Xbox Live for two months when Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow came out...And then I subscribed for a year when Halo 2 came out. And I've been through three headsets. The last one I bought I put a warranty from EB on it for an extra $3. It'll definitely be worth it in this case if it breaks.

newsguy

I use duck tape that I split down the middle to make it thinner. It works fine but every now and then I have to retape it because it shifts too far away from my ear.

Top Bottom