• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox live question? same account multiple box's

StRaNgE

Banned
So last night at work , a friend shows up and we decide to wire up the xbox.

i went to go sign in on halo and there was no way for me to quickly just enter my gametag and go. so we went through the whole process of finding my account and finally getting it working. my friend now wants to go out and buy his own xbox and live account.

so i get home from work that very night and go to sign in on my own xbox and to my dismay it gave me a message saying my account was no longer good from that box. i then had to redo the whole process that i did up at work just to make my own box online again.

So, my question is, how can i sign in from more then one without making the one at my house loose it's access. seeing that is a lot of info and not the most private place in the world for me to be typing out credit card numbers in front of everyone as well.

how can i play live at work and at home?

hgplayer1

get a memory card, find the Live account file on the hard drive and copy it to the memory card, take memory card to the Xbox that has no Live account on it and copy the file from the memory card to the hard drive. you shouldnt get any messages unless maybe both Xboxes try to log in with the same gamertag at the same time but I wouldnt know since Ive never done that. I know copying the file works though. I did that with mine and my brothers and cousins accounts so that no matter which house we play at our gamertag is always available.

StRaNgE

Banned
great, any specific brand card or size?

don't wanna buy one and the file be to big.

i assume just go into the dashboard.

where or how do i find the account to be copied though.

a step by step would be great since i have never used anything other then the harddrive for memory so far .

hgplayer1

StRaNgE said:
great, any specific brand card or size?

don't wanna buy one and the file be to big.

i assume just go into the dashboard.

where or how do i find the account to be copied though.

a step by step would be great since i have never used anything other then the harddrive for memory so far .

I dont think it matters which card you get. the file is very small and will fit on any brand or size but you can only copy one account to the memory card at a time. I dont know if this is just a feature of official Xbox memory cards or if its the case with all but just be aware that you may only be able to copy one account to the card.

plug the memory card into a controller

open the disc tray

youll either find yourself at the Xbox Live menu or the main menu. if youre at the Live menu go down and select main menu.

once at the main menu select Memory

you should see on your screen an Xbox in the center and a memory card next to it. select the Xbox which will access your hard drive. the Live account files should be all the way at the bottom of the list. you probably only have the one account so go all the way down and then to the right to highlight your account. press A. select Copy. it should show the memory card you have plugged in. press A and it should copy the file.

now when you take the card to the other Xbox, go to the main menu, go to memory, select the memory card, go to the Live account file, select it, select copy, it should show you the hard drive, select the hard drive to copy.

StRaNgE

Banned
Thank you so much.

i picked up a memory card used for 14 bucks.

glad you told me to highlight the file by pushing right. that part i could not figure out.

looks like tonight i'll be playing halo at work on the down times.

probably will never get any work acomplished now. lol

thanks again.

Top Bottom