• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exclusive D4 is selling like complete shit, please help me #SaveD4

AHindD

So it s a "weird game from Japan" only stripped of parts of real gameplay. That sounds mighty interesting. Why should interactive stories all succeed because heavy rain and TWD did. I m quite conforted that not all games of the genre sell well. Must mean gameplay still matters. This type of point and click/quizz/QTE belongs to NDS/VITA for me where you really feel what you do thanks to touch controls. And there is no feedback with kinect.

rbe0dk-1.gif

That is valid point;

Maybe just maybe someone brought a X1, because they play video games. To throw someone is some type of category because of the system they own or games they play is ridiculous.

That's what you said. You put if you own a BroBox One is because you don't have no self respect and or don't know better

And frankly I stand by that. MS desired to completely shaft its loyal fanbase over. If you ignored that, you don't have any self respect. Get me banned if you want, but it's true.

I spent literally thousands on my 360. When I found out what they had in store for us this gen I decided I was out. And I think it's a damn shame that this is so easily forgotten. You will live to regret it as their evil ways begin to creep in again.

See you all around!

jem0208

And frankly I stand by that. MS desired to completely shaft its loyal fanbase over. If you ignored that, you don't have any self respect. Get me banned if you want, but it's true.

I spent literally thousands on my 360. When I found out what they had in store for us this gen I decided I was out. And I think it's a damn shame that this is so easily forgotten. You will live to regret it as their evil ways begin to creep in again.

See you all around!

You're the only one who's going to get you banned. And you're doing a damn fine job as well. Bravo.

rrc1594

Then explain to me why this niche Japanese game isn't selling! It's because the install base aren't interested. The evidence is the very reason this thread was started.

Okay so that means that everybody who owns a X1 is a "dudebro" and if they don't they have no self respect. Are you implying that "dudebros" were to stupid to see MS was trying to screw them.Cause if you not maybe you need re-phase what you said, because you come off a some type of prick

See you all around!

Don't care to see you banned, but that way of thinking can't be healthy just saying

Guerrilla

Then explain to me why this niche Japanese game isn't selling! It's because the install base aren't interested. The evidence is the very reason this thread was started.

because it's a niche japanese game maybe? And not because of the system it's on?

You messed up with your post, saying

"what sort of self-respecting person in the know would buy one?"

and

"The majority of people who own the Xbone are bros who don't know any better"

Trying to turn these lines into "Japanese niche games aren't selling well on the xbox one imo" won't work. Just apologize and move on....

Okay so that means that everybody who owns a X1 is a "dudebro" and if they don't they have no self respect. Are you implying that "dudebros" were to stupid to see MS was trying to screw them.Cause if you not maybe you need re-phase what you said, because you come off a some type of prick

Insults are a bannable offence.

Arklite

Why would microsoft handle this so shitty, what's there to gain?

Maybe they just wrote it off as a minor loss altogether. Super slow sales in Japan meant low exposure of D4 in that region, and by it's nature it was bound to sell in low numbers elsewhere.

Yaqoub

I tweeted at Phil Spencer, but knowing how selective he is with responding to tweets I just hope he reads it.

Not even Microsoft knows D4 exists I bet :/

I run an Arabic podcast and will talk about my experience with this game this week. Hopefully it'll get gamers in my region to give it a shot.

Okay m8! You keep quoting me and trying to get me banned. I'm just expressing my opinion. It's a valid point. The game isn't selling because it's an XBone exclusive and there isn't enough interest from the install base. That's a fact. I'm not "port begging". I'm responding to the OP. Release it on another platform and it'll sell.

You're doing a bang up job of both embarrassing yourself and trying to get yourself banned. I really don't need to do anything but sit back and enjoy the show.

jem0208

Insults are a bannable offence.
Oh wow, the troll is strong with this one.

Anyway, regarding D4. I think it's just a bit too weird for me to risk putting money down

If they had a similar system to how Telltale does it where you can play the first part of the game I'd give that a go.

because it's a niche japanese game maybe? And not because of the system it's on?

You messed up with your post, saying

"what sort of self-respecting person in the know would buy one?"

and

"The majority of people who own the Xbone are bros who don't know any better"

Trying to turn these lines into "Japanese niche games aren't selling well on the xbox one imo" won't work. Just apologize and move on....

The two are entirely linked. Your average Madden/FIFA/CoD bro isn't interested in this stuff. They are the people who bought Xbone, as evidenced by Microsoft's marketing campaigns, their ESPN/NFL apps, etc. It's a fact. Dudebros bought Xbone. They don't care about games like this. Simple as that.

I'm done now.

See you all around!

Jesus Christ.

jem0208

The two are entirely linked. Your average Madden/FIFA/CoD bro isn't interested in this stuff. They are the people who bought Xbone, as evidenced by Microsoft's marketing campaigns, their ESPN/NFL apps, etc. It's a fact. Dudebros bought Xbone. They don't care about games like this. Simple as that.

I'm done now.

That doesn't mean everyone who bought the console is a "bro". Your problem didn't come from saying that D4 is a niche title and that you don't think the majority of the X1 player base would enjoy it. Which appears to be true. The problem was that you stated none of us had any self respect, we were all bros and all we play is fifa, CoD and Titanfall.

Yes, you really should be done.

Liamc723

I'm done now.

What a ridiculous thing to say, I have an Xbox One and I'm not a "dudebro" as you like to put it.

That doesn't mean everyone who bought the console is a "bro". Your problem didn't come from saying that D4 is a niche title and that you don't think the majority of the X1 player base would enjoy it. Which appears to be true. The problem was that you stated none of us had any self respect, we were all bros and all we play is fifa, CoD and Titanfall.

Yes, you really should be done.

Have to respond to this. I didn't call you all "bros". Don't pretend I said something I didn't please. Read it again.

I said the majority of owners are bros. Clearly, people posting on a nerd forum don't fall into that category.

As a big Deadly Premonition fan (double dipped 360 and ps3 version), i would totally buy it. But unfortunately Microsoft did a very good job, scaring me away as a customer for a long time.

Hitchey

Neo Member
Long time lurker, first time poster... Pretty chuffed to finally get on the almighty GAF! I bought D4 pretty much as soon as it came out, simply to do more than just talk to the Kinect. Looks completely crazy from the bits I saw from a quick look, can't wait to get into it.

Have to respond to this. I didn't call you all "bros". Don't pretend I said something I didn't please. Read it again.

Man, such a shame. Who would've envisaged the exclusive release of a niche Japanese title would be so under appreciated on the BroBox One?

I can't help you. I don't have an Xbox One and I have no intention of ever giving MS money again. Release it on PS4 and I'll buy it.

So you label the X1 as the BroBox One, but you're not labelling everyone who owns one a bro?

Please, continue.

Guerrilla

Yeah you are right, just that the majority of us are dudebros, we still might be none bros without self respect. That really makes all the difference....

1x02elliotdigsherowngrave.jpg

So you label the X1 as the BroBox One, but you're not labelling everyone who owns one a bro?

Please, continue.

That's correct. It would be far less difficult for you to understand if you weren't desperately trying to discredit everything I say. Read everything I said again. There's really no point arguing about what I did or didn't say. You just have to read it again.

You're either a bro OR someone who should know better with a short memory and no self-respect. That's what I said and I stand by it. The people who fell for MS' backtrack will contribute to the eventual downfall of this industry. Expect to pay more, get less.

I said the majority of owners are bros. Clearly, people posting on a nerd forum don't fall into that category.
But again, you reiterate the same point over and over without showing how the majority of PS4 owners aren't "bros" in comparison. I haven't witnessed this marked difference myself, so maybe you can educate me.

D4 was pitched to Microsoft as a Kinect game.

so when ms did a 180 on kinect, they also did a 180 on d4? why would that prevent them from promoting the game anyway? they own it, & it now features standard controls. you're saying it only ever had value to them as a kinect game?. sad if true...

David___

Banned
so when ms did a 180 on kinect, they also did a 180 on d4? why would that prevent them from promoting the game anyway? they own it, & it now features standard controls. you're saying it only ever had value to them as a kinect game?. sad if true...

Pretty sure MS doesn't own the IP, which makes it worse.

jem0208

Okay, so only the majority of X1 owners. However none of us have any self respect?

That's worse than accusing us of being bros.

keit4

Banned
That's correct. It would be far less difficult for you to understand if you weren't desperately trying to discredit everything I say. Read everything I said again. There's really no point arguing about what I did or didn't say. You just have to read it again.

You are not making any sense...

JP

I have to admit that I have no interest in D4, having watched a few videos it just does nothing for me at all.

def sim

I'm not saying any of that. I was giving you information explaining why it's only the XBO.

That's correct. It would be far less difficult for you to understand if you weren't desperately trying to discredit everything I say. Read everything I said again. There's really no point arguing about what I did or didn't say. You just have to read it again..

What are you even talking about? You are literally making no sense.

Keep going though, I'm really beginning to enjoy this.

You're either a bro OR someone who should know better with a short memory and no self-respect. That's what I said and I stand by it. The people who fell for MS' backtrack will contribute to the eventual downfall of this industry. Expect to pay more, get less.

Oh my God. This is amazing.

Top Bottom