• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update rolling out tomorrow

Was going to update but then I read how XBOX LIVE is currently down so no point in even trying..did an online chat with microsoft they said they always suggest the external hard drive be disconnected before updating, then just plug it back in after wards is that right?

I updated fine with my external drive plugged in. I think they tell people to do that as a troubleshooting step, in case the update fails.

I updated fine with my external drive plugged in. I think they tell people to do that as a troubleshooting step, in case the update fails.

Oh so for sure its OK to update while the external drive is plugged in? Just want to do whatever is best for the console..was going to update then I read how XBOX LIVE is down so no point now

ElNino

Did u do the same with the update that came out yesterday? I always like double checking before updating :) I think XBOX LIVE is back up and running so I can try it now
I would have downloaded the latest update earlier since I'm in the preview, but I've never disconnected my external HDD for any updates and I've never had issues with it.

I would have downloaded the latest update earlier since I'm in the preview, but I've never disconnected my external HDD for any updates and I've never had issues with it.

No, I understand. I'm just saying I didn't notice I had gotten a new update.

When I had my old XBOX ONE(Before I upgraded to the one that I have now) I always updated with the external drive plugged in, never had a problem) but that was with the old console, dont want to take any chances with the new one since it is new(I have the 1TB ONE and my 4TB external drive) since XBOX LIVE still has problems no point in doing the update tonight just on the fence about updating with the external drive connected or not..dont know why microsoft suggests updating without it plugged in

Montresor

This was never a feature on Xbox One.

Previously if you had a zero-gamerscore game on XB1 it would go away if you played 5+ or more other games. Wasn't perfect but you could always "demote" those games and pretty much hide them from your list completely.

Top Bottom