• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update rolling out tomorrow

kennyamr

Don't ask me why but after reading OP's post, the first time that came to my mind (totally unrelated) was that the next console following XBOX ONE will be called XBOX 10...

Anyway,

*leaves*
*no one cares*

Hopefully they've fixed the constant stuttering I've been having in all video apps (Netflix, YouTube, Plex, etc) that started a few days ago.

Akai__

I still don't get why Global Vibration Settings are exclusive to the Elite Controller or am I missing something? I can't find those for the standard one.

They didn´t say anything.

Maybe not a keynote, but they will for sure have some form of communication for some new "stuff" :)

Is this some insider info or just guessing? I don't think its a guarantee they will have "new stuff" next week, its a preview event for their Spring line-up of which they have a lot announced already, I'm not expecting them to add to it or detail other things. We don't even know if there is an embargo on the news next week.

At most there will probably be a Windows 10 port or two

mike4001_

Is this some insider info or just guessing? I don't think its a guarantee they will have "new stuff" next week, its a preview event for their Spring line-up of which they have a lot announced already, I'm not expecting them to add to it or detail other things. We don't even know if there is an embargo on the news next week.

At most there will probably be a Windows 10 port or two

No this was just guessing on my part.

But it would be a good place to announce the March update (even if being a little late in the month)

Alx

Don't ask me why but after reading OP's post, the first time that came to my mind (totally unrelated) was that the next console following XBOX ONE will be called XBOX 10...

Anyway,

*leaves*
*no one cares*

That would be clever, since 10 is Two in binary. ;)
*cares*

Are there really monthly updates for this thing? That's gotta be annoying for the people that only use the box once in a blue moon having to download several updates when all they want to do is play Gears. Seasonal updates would be my preference.

dity

Yes, pin re-arrangement! No more of this "move to front" bs.

Are there really monthly updates for this thing? That's gotta be annoying for the people that only use the box once in a blue moon having to download several updates when all they want to do is play Gears. Seasonal updates would be my preference.
Yes, let's optimise the console for someone who barely uses it.

Yes.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are you trying to bait or something?
I mean, we all know your stance on the Xbox One, but sheesh...

E8dR7VC.gif

Come on, dude. You're getting a little too obvious now.

tuna_love

Banned
are you and conduit in some sort of competition?

Tapejara

Gamerscore Leaderboard: On Xbox One, from your profile in the guide, click My achievements and the restored Gamerscore Leaderboard will display. Through the Gamerscore Leaderboard, see where you stand relative to your friends by comparing total Gamerscore, as well as biggest gains over a rolling 30-day period. Click on the Gamerscore Leaderboard to view this information for all of your friends.

Re-arrange Pins on Home and access them offline: Many of you have told us that you want Pins on your Xbox One Home to be easier to organize. You will now be able to rearrange individual pins. Just press ‘Y’ on a pinned item and, once it blinks, you can move it around. We’ve also made Pins accessible for launching when you are offline.

Hide games from ‘ready-to-install’ list: Fans asked that we re-enable the ability to hide content like betas, trials, games, and apps that they no longer want to install. Now, you’ll be able to start using this feature again.

Excited for these three! Hoping they'll eventually integrate Xbox 360 games into the Xbox One storefront.

oatmeal

Banned
this might not be the right place to ask, but what the hell...

I got Rare Replay but some of the games I already had via BC so the Rare Replay versions are in the install list. When I boot up Rare Replay, it says the game isn't installed yet. I can still play them, but it's just annoying.

If I delete my original copies and install the Rare Replay ones will it need to download it still? Or is there a migration of sorts...

Xemnas89

Have they mentioned at all if they plan on allowing you to buy 360 games from you're xbox one anytime soon? It's a little annoying having to got to the site and use credit card info to buy them from there.

Just got the update (United States)
this might not be the right place to ask, but what the hell...

I got Rare Replay but some of the games I already had via BC so the Rare Replay versions are in the install list. When I boot up Rare Replay, it says the game isn't installed yet. I can still play them, but it's just annoying.

If I delete my original copies and install the Rare Replay ones will it need to download it still? Or is there a migration of sorts...
Unless something has changed, you should just delete the XBLA versions and download the Rare Replay versions.

arhra

So remapping for the chatpad's multifunction buttons is in, but there seems to be one rather annoying quirk with it - if you map one of them to "Open Guide" it's not exactly equivalent to the Xbox button double-tap. Namely, the GameDVR shortcuts (X/Y for record that/screenshot) don't show up if you use the multifunction button.

I was planning on switching one of them to the Guide to avoid the double-tap entirely (with the other one being a screenshot button), but that throws a bit of a spanner in the works.

I have a question, do I need to unplug my external hard drive before doing this update or does it not make any difference? Will be installing this tomorrow :)

JeffG

I have a question, do I need to unplug my external hard drive before doing this update or does it not make any difference? Will be installing this tomorrow :)

No need. I just went through the upgrade and it went without a hitch with my external drive hooked up

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Hahaha!!!
Best bait post ever?

Really like the update to pins. I have been using the smartglass app to move my pins. This will be much easier

Is there a way to get rid of this new garbage suggested friends/new community feed stuff? Why did they feel this was a necessary addition?

I want only news posts, friends achievements, and clips/screenshots.

Sigh.

Yoday

What I would like to see in the Games section of My Games & Apps is a filter to filter only Xbox One games only, Xbox 360 game only, or See All.
I don't think I'd ever use that, but more filters is always welcome, and that one makes sense. A recently added filter would be nice for checking to see if there are any new BC titles.

JeffG

Pins update is the best part by far.

Its funny the difference on how people use the interface.

I only use apps on the pins. (Youtube, Netflix and TV are the most used.)

If the game I want isn't on the recent list, I don't have a problem going into the game list to find the one I want.

I do like the hide on the install page though

I knew this was coming, so I took the game disc I was playing out before turning the thing off this morning. I don't like getting an update when a disc is in, because it's unnecessary wear on the drive.

What's the size of the update?

EDIT: In response to JeffG - I don't use any apps at all, outside of the Internet if I need to check something. I use pins for games I play a lot, but only have one right now. I don't mind going into my games & apps.

Montresor

There is still no way to remove 0-gamerscore games from your profile. Darn it.

This was a 360 feature last-gen, and it was possible on XB1 up until the new dashboard update on Nov 2015... I am pretty annoyed since likely 0.0001% people care about this so I don't see them re-adding this feature.

I wonder why they removed it. Sigh.

Jumeira

Banned

That concern.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So...I'm not the only ones whose pins don't stay put when they move them manually right?

I arrange them, go do something else on the dash and when I come back to them, they're back the way they were or some other random way.

So...I'm not the only ones whose pins don't stay put when they move them manually right?

I arrange them, go do something else on the dash and when I come back to them, they're back the way they were or some other random way.

Haven't tried moving pins yet. I'll check that later today.

Lima

There is still no way to remove 0-gamerscore games from your profile. Darn it.

This was a 360 feature last-gen, and it was possible on XB1 up until the new dashboard update on Nov 2015... I am pretty annoyed since likely 0.0001% people care about this so I don't see them re-adding this feature.

I wonder why they removed it. Sigh.

This was never a feature on Xbox One.

Dominator

I must have gotten this update early and didn't even realize lol, I started hiding "Ready to Install" games about 2 weeks ago again. Didn't think of an update idk why

Was going to update but then I read how XBOX LIVE is currently down so no point in even trying..did an online chat with microsoft they said they always suggest the external hard drive be disconnected before updating, then just plug it back in after wards is that right?

Top Bottom