• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Titanfall Special Edition Bundle announced. $499 at select retailers

ekim

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-titanfall-special-edition-bundle

To celebrate the launch of “Titanfall”, we wanted to do something special. For those of you who are already fans of Xbox One, we hope this will encourage more of your friends to join you on day one for “Titanfall” on Xbox One. If you’ve been waiting for the biggest game of the generation before purchasing your Xbox One, this special, limited time offer is perfect for you. In partnership with Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts, we’re excited to announce the Xbox One “Titanfall” Bundle, available starting March 11 for $499.99* at select retailers.

Now available for pre-order, the bundle includes:

Download code for a digital copy of “Titanfall”
Standard Xbox One console and Kinect sensor
Standard Xbox One wireless controller
Standard Xbox One Chat Headset
One month Xbox Live Gold membership

Of course, this is an incredible deal, only offered to celebrate the launch of Titanfall, for a limited time. We expect these special bundles will sell out quickly. You can learn more about this special offer here.

xboxone_titanfallbundle_us_anl_rgb.png

FrankT

That's not happening.

It's happening.

Actually no it's not.

Only one insider to trust around here anymore and it ain't Cboat or Famous.

BadWolf

So not only did they pay a ton to keep it from appearing on Playstation but they are giving it away for free now?

Nice.

Skeff

That's not happening.

It's happening.

Actually no it's not.

Only one insider to trust around here anymore and it ain't Cboat or Famous.

If your talking about ntkrnl, this isn't a titanfall branded console, so he is wrong, also this thread is old.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I think they don't count PC being a huge threat to their sales... for me if its pc I always get it there and bypass the console version. Pc to me means ultimate version and because they still release the games I want on pc I do not need to buy a "next gen" console yet. Now lets keep that a secret between you and me... ;)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I always thought those that had gotten a "Day One" edition of the console should get deals on digital downloads, like 10% off all future purchases.

Kinda sucks that Titanfall beta was the first time I used my Xbox One since December, and now they're offering it free to new purchases. Wonderful job, MS.

jgf

I think they don't count PC being a huge threat to their sales... for me if its pc I always get it there and bypass the console version. Pc to me means ultimate version and because they still release the games I want on pc I do not need to buy a "next gen" console yet. Now lets keep that a secret between you and me... ;)

It looks really nice on PC, but there are 2 issues - at least for me: Fear of cheats (aimbots) and its hard to play competitively with a gamepad in a mixed kb+m / gamepad environment. So console versions are more "balanced" ;) in that regard.

I think its a great deal and essentially a 60$ price cut.

zma1013

I guess they spent so much money on Titanfall exclusivity that they had no money left over for a custom Xbone paint job?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If your talking about ntkrnl, this isn't a titanfall branded console, so he is wrong, also this thread is old.

This not being a Titanfall branded console doesn't mean someone who posts that MS was internally kicking around a Titanfall-branded console is wrong. It means they ultimately decided (presumably for production capacity reasons) to use the same console but branded external packaging for the bundle :p

Nugg

This not being a Titanfall branded console doesn't mean someone who posts that MS was internally kicking around a Titanfall-branded console is wrong. It means they ultimately decided (presumably for production capacity reasons) to use the same console but branded external packaging for the bundle :p

Exactly. It's probably just a sleeve on already produced units, with a download code inserted in the box. Much easier to produce than a brand new SKU

udiie

I always thought those that had gotten a "Day One" edition of the console should get deals on digital downloads, like 10% off all future purchases.

Kinda sucks that Titanfall beta was the first time I used my Xbox One since December, and now they're offering it free to new purchases. Wonderful job, MS.

It's like you and I are one in the same. Wish I felt some satisfaction in my purchase back in November.

Calling it the "biggest game of the generation" is a bit hyperbolic. But whatever. They want to sell these consoles and I hope they do well.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If they supposedly have a bunch of old stock available of the normal green box, why would stores order these again?

This will allow MS to hit their financial target of 5 million consoles shipped most likely by sending more stock to stores instead of just selling previous xbones.

Prine

Banned

Not at all. He announced this before anyone, what happens to design and concept is irrelevant, he pointed to a bundle pack in, many were doubting this as its too late...low and behold MS announce exactly what he mentioned.

Damn just bought an xb1 from the ms store a few weeks ago. I wonder if I contact customer service if they'd hook up a download code. Doubtful, but worth a shot.

Good deal if you're on the fence . I've been pretty impressed with my xbox so far, the UI has a ways to go IMHO and the huge title updates are a pain but this is a console with a lot of potential and some strong launch games. It's getting more use then my PS4.

Entirely expected as 1) a way still to force Kinect before a Kinect-less SKU by the end of the year, and 2) move units.

Still, won't even make a dent in terms of catching up to Sony's current PS4 sales.

entremet

Calling it the "biggest game of the generation" is a bit hyperbolic. But whatever. They want to sell these consoles and I hope they do well.

It is Xbox PR. Kinda par for the course. Can't blame them for hyping their own products. It's their job.

I'd be more concerned if this was written by a media site.

Top Bottom