• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store Countdown to 2017 Sale Thread - includes daily and weekly offers

Flux

Hows the player count on Rainbow Six Siege? Easy to get in socially or is at all super competitive at this point?

I tried it out since buying it digitally this sale. It seems to be a healthy population count. I don't know if they post the stats anywhere. There are basically 3 modes: Terrorist hunt, and 5v5 multiplayer in casual or competitive. All 3 lists matched me up super quick.

You can stick to the casual mode. I think the competitive side is a bit over the top, but to each their own.

Nategc20

Banned
The daily deals were trash. Nothing special at all. There were virtual currency on christmas for fuck sake. Yes, lost odyssey is a great gift but it doest make up for these daily deals. Like employees or Phil's team sat around cubicles or tables and thought that "yea, these are awesome deals".

I have Fifa 17 digital game up for grabs. Got it with console and not s fan of FIFA games in general. All friends have it or don't like it either. First to quote gets it

Lima

Evolve digital deluxe is $9.98 now here in AU but I don't even know if it's even worth it at that price.

No that game is dead. And by dead I mean dead. I guess if you want to make some close online friends that's the game for you as you will be playing the same 5 people over and over again.

Daily Deal December 31
Xbox One
• Elite Dangerous Standard Edition - $29.99 > $15.00
• Elite Dangerous Commander Deluxe Edition - $59.99 > $30.00
• Elite Dangerous Horizons Season Pass - $29.99 > $15.00

Thats the last daily for the sale, so thats all folks!

Thanks for the input throughout the OT and a well updated op 🙂

pitchfork

Picked up the ED Horizons pass for a tenner!

Not played the base game for ages, been waiting for this to go on sale to get back into it

B4D1E

Daily Deal December 31
Xbox One
• Elite Dangerous Standard Edition - $29.99 > $15.00
• Elite Dangerous Commander Deluxe Edition - $59.99 > $30.00
• Elite Dangerous Horizons Season Pass - $29.99 > $15.00

Thats the last daily for the sale, so thats all folks!

Thanks for the work you put in updating us every day and week. Great work!!!

Happy New Year to everybody.

Ricker

Yea uh I think I'm going to need to play Catherine on easy...

Couldnt even finish the demo lol...I have no patience,or skills I guess,for games like that anymore...

Still debating if I should get DS 2 Scholar for 16...I loved 3 and finished it but never finished Demon Souls and Dark Souls...(too hard and didnt summon anyone)...sales ends on the 9th.

sam777

Couldnt even finish the demo lol...I have no patience,or skills I guess,for games like that anymore...

Still debating if I should get DS 2 Scholar for 16...I loved 3 and finished it but never finished Demon Souls and Dark Souls...(too hard and didnt summon anyone)...sales ends on the 9th.

Number 2 is awesome but I would say it plays a bit slower than 3 but still amazing.

Dominator

This sale killed me, got so many games. Worth it though, some great prices and I'm usually impatient

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
Bedlam
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (360)
Call of Duty 2 (360)
Call of Duty 3 (360)
Call of Duty: World at War (360)
Castle Crashers Remastered
Catherine (360)
Contrast
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Deadpool
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
DOOM
DOOM (360)
DOOM 2 (360)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Escape from Dead Island (360)
Fallout: New Vegas (360)
Far Cry 4
Fragments of Him
Game of Thrones: Season 1
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Killer Is Dead (360)
King's Quest: Complete Collection
Left 4 Dead 2 (360)
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Layers of Fear
Life is Strange
Mad Max
Manual Samuel
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mighty No. 9
Minecraft: Story Mode
Never Alone
Oblivion (360)
Portal 2 (360)
Quantum Break
Ryse: Son of Rome
Soul Axiom
This War of Mine: The Little Ones
Tom Clancy's The Division
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2
Wolfenstein 3D (360)
XCOM: Enemy Within (360)

I went off, but made a massive dent into my list of things I needed to get so I don't mind it.

Lucifon

This sale killed me, got so many games. Worth it though, some great prices and I'm usually impatient

Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection
Bedlam
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (360)
Call of Duty 2 (360)
Call of Duty 3 (360)
Call of Duty: World at War (360)
Castle Crashers Remastered
Catherine (360)
Contrast
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Deadpool
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360)
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
DOOM
DOOM (360)
DOOM 2 (360)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Escape from Dead Island (360)
Fallout: New Vegas (360)
Far Cry 4
Fragments of Him
Game of Thrones: Season 1
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Killer Is Dead (360)
King's Quest: Complete Collection
Left 4 Dead 2 (360)
LEGO Jurassic World
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Layers of Fear
Life is Strange
Mad Max
Manual Samuel
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mighty No. 9
Minecraft: Story Mode
Never Alone
Oblivion (360)
Portal 2 (360)
Quantum Break
Ryse: Son of Rome
Soul Axiom
This War of Mine: The Little Ones
Tom Clancy's The Division
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2
Wolfenstein 3D (360)
XCOM: Enemy Within (360)

I went off, but made a massive dent into my list of things I needed to get so I don't mind it.

Holy moly that's an insane list. How will you get the time to get stuck into that?

I just want to beg and plead with people to make sure to get de Blob 2 before it goes off sale. For $2.99 it is just as good, if not a better deal than Catherine.
You should get both.

It doesn't show up on the dash on XBox One, so you have to search for it in the store, but it's there, it's cheap, and it's fun!

Chris1

Got absolutely nothing. There was a few games I was interested in but the UK price turned that into a big fat nope.

Maybe next year.

Varg

Banned
Disappointing first week but they totally redeemed themselves for the final . Picked up so many games (seemingly all exclusives too).

Dominator

Holy moly that's an insane list. How will you get the time to get stuck into that?
I recently switched to digital only so I've played the majority of those to completion from disc. It was mostly about rebuilding my collection digitally now.

There's 53 games there and I've beaten 29 of them so it's not a big deal haha

I don't worry about backlog, I get to games when I get to them.

DS2 is better than 3 and has the best PvP. I'd buy it.

Justinh

I am trying to install KI on my PC and I get an error. Anyone have an idea what to do?

Do you have the anniversary update installed?

Saw someone say on the microsoft answers place that they "went back to an earlier build" in backup/restore to before they installed the anniversary update and reinstalled the anniversary update and it fixed their problem with the error code.

Seems like less work that completely reinstalling windows, what some people apparently had to do (like Digital Foundry). I never had any problems, but I wonder if it's because I did something similar. I rolled back pre Anniversary Update because I simply didn't like it, and gave in and reupdated because I wanted to play games.

baconcow

Anyone have thoughts on the Sunset Overdrive Deluxe Edition. It is $16.60 CAD vs. $9.90 CAD for the standard edition. Not sure if the season pass contents are worth the extra $6.70 CAD when I could get another game.

RoKKeR

How is XCOM 2 on the console? Never played an Xcom game before but for some reason this one has caught my eye.

Also considering Overwatch but I'm not sure whether I'd rather dedicate that playtime towards working through some singleplayer games.

Oh, and Quantum Break, because they seem to be very stingy with the sales on that game.

schlew

Anyone have thoughts on the Sunset Overdrive Deluxe Edition. It is $16.60 CAD vs. $9.90 CAD for the standard edition. Not sure if the season pass contents are worth the extra $6.70 CAD when I could get another game.

The campaign DLC adds another hour or twp to the game, and I think is very much worth it (and I paid full price). If you pass this up you'll be one of the many who pop up in various sale threads begging for the season pass to go on sale :p Once you have a taste of SO it's hard to not want more.

ParityBit

Do you have the anniversary update installed?

Saw someone say on the microsoft answers place that they "went back to an earlier build" in backup/restore to before they installed the anniversary update and reinstalled the anniversary update and it fixed their problem with the error code.

Seems like less work that completely reinstalling windows, what some people apparently had to do (like Digital Foundry). I never had any problems, but I wonder if it's because I did something similar. I rolled back pre Anniversary Update because I simply didn't like it, and gave in and reupdated because I wanted to play games.

This was a fresh install. I never installed it on my PC. I was I never the process of downloading when it did that. I figured I would give it a try ...

bman94

I was stupid and didn't realize the first week's sales were only for that week and missed out on Ori and the Blind forest & Dishonored Definitive Edition.

I might pick up Quantum Break & Rise of the Tomb Raider.

LAA

Got absolutely nothing. There was a few games I was interested in but the UK price turned that into a big fat nope.

Maybe next year.

Yup same. Was wanting ME dlc, FH2 storm island and FH3 expansion pass and nope. Could have been tempted for DR4 season pass too. Sales have been terrible for dlc. Only editions including dlc mostly.

Then they had the Catherine sale which I did want, but same as you say, rubbish UK price and couldn't see how to buy it from US. That and don't even really want to reward them with money for having to work around their system to give them money.

Maybe they learn better next year. Just PSN beat it in every regard to me.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone else getting errors today? Shots been wack these last few days. Major lag in rocket league, party issues, folks randomly DC'ing. I have no idea how the hell my PS4 has been fairing better.

Right now I can't even redeem a damn prepaid 12 month gold card just errors out

baconcow

No, it goes till the 9th just no more daily deals.

Thanks. So, still a chance to pickup Gears of War Ultimate Edition.

Get the deluxe.

Yeah, that's what I did. Seems like some short DLC, but it doesn't look like the actual game is that long, either. Checked out some Youtube videos and the actual content seems decent. I don't own very much on the Xbox One, so I took the plunge.

B4D1E

How is XCOM 2 on the console? Never played an Xcom game before but for some reason this one has caught my eye.

I was also eyeing it today. Did some research on the net and checked some vids on YT. It seems to be a pretty good PC port.

However, if you are going to buy the deluxe edition, there is a known game breaking bug with the Alien Hunters DLC (link) I think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sigh, I dunno if I should buy the first two Bioshock games on back compat, having the Collection already. Does anyone have both? Is the aiming just as clunky? Because it feels so weird in the Collection, but I don't remember if it was always like that or if they fucked it up when the remastered it.

BouncyFrag

Sigh, I dunno if I should buy the first two Bioshock games on back compat, having the Collection already. Does anyone have both? Is the aiming just as clunky? Because it feels so weird in the Collection, but I don't remember if it was always like that or if they fucked it up when the remastered it.
I haven't played the remastered Bioshock but remembered aiming was clunky as hell in the original until you leveled up the weapon.

Top Bottom