• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Wrestlemania21 Online fed.

Well kiddies and wrestling fans the week is approaching. MArch 28 is when WM21 hits for Xbox.

SOOOOO.... in light of this occasion I'm going to be starting up a fed for our fellow GAF members. There are as many spots as there are superstars on the roster.

Legends will be vacant until they are unlocked of course. My guess is for the first month or so.

I'd like to keep a running tab of wins and losses and use that to determine title shots and the like. My best idea is to use a point system to keep track of title contenders.

LEAGUE MEMBERS:
Here's my idea for a way to do this league fairly...

As I said... it will all be based off a point system.
This is going to rely on the league members PMing me the match results. I will book the opponents and the match types. (hopefully to build feuds).

Matches will be booked every Sunday and posted here. If all goes as planned there will be a monthly PPV style match up.

Ok here's my breakdown. You win or lose these ways and gain or lose the coresponding points.
Pinfall or submission = +10 points win/-5 loss
Count out = +3 points win/-3 loss
Disqulification = +3 points win/-5 loss
(since you have to cheat you should lose more points for DQing yourself.)
Forfeit = TBD
Disconnect = Match and points will be rewarded to the one who stayed on.
I need to be informed AS SOON as a person drops a match. I WILL keep records of dropped matches, repeated drops will be subject to suspension.

I expect honesty when reporting droppers. If at all possible match will be rescheduled.
You can not go into the negative for points. Zero is as low as you can go.

TITLE Plateau:
GAF World Title = 80-100 Pts
GAF US. Title = 60-79 Pts
GAF World Tag Belts = Just need to be able to compete as a tag team.

I am serious about keeping up with this. I hope you all can keep up with it. I only ask for play twice a week at most (depending on how you are booked).

Your name and XBL tag (you need to tell me) will be next to your claimed Superstar.

Just for clarification....
YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A PREEXISTING WRESTLER. you can use a CAW, but for the first week it's going to be TOUGH until you get through story. BUT, if you do end up using a CAW, your totals will be reset. I can't have the potential of someone facing themseves for a title.

Smackdown:
Big Show
Booker T - Ramirez (XBL: ?)
Bubba Ray Dudley
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
D-Von Dudley
Eddie Guerrero
JBL
John Cena - Jobber (XBL: Jobber4WCW)
Kurt Angle - Mofo (XBL: RickMofoMears)
Rene Dupree - Rodriguez (XBL: Rene Dupree)
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Dam - MLhaynes4 (XBL: mhaynes4)
Scotty 2 Hotty
Spike Dudley
Undertaker

RAW:
Batista - Minotauro (XBL: Minotoro)
Chris Benoit - Bishoptl (XBL: ?)
Chris Jericho -Outcast2004 (XBL: Outcast2003) LEAD BOOKER
Christian -evilways (XBL: AcidicNose)
Edge -Shadax (XBL: DJ Demon J)
Eugene
Garrison Cade
Hurricane
Kane
Matt Hardy V1 - StoOgE (XBL: StoOgE)
Randy Orton - Bog (XBL: Bog)
Rhyno
Ric Flair - JayFro (XBL: JayFro)
Shawn Michaels - ZombieSupaStar (XBL: ZombieSupaStar)
Shelton Benjamin
Tajiri
Triple H -Prine (XBL: Prine)
Val Venis

Legends:
Bret Hart
The Rock
Jimmy SuperFly Snuka
Mankind
Andre the Giant

Divas:
Jazz
Lita
Miss Jackie
Nidia
Stacy Keibler
Trish Stratus

Your point total will be posted in leaderboard fashion. This is a labor of love. All I ask is to show up.. do your match, report the results to me and have fun. Above all else... have fun.

Shadax

Banned
Wouldn't it be better to create our own superstars and have a GAF league/belt for that? We could even form our own stables, faces and heels through continued competition. Just a thought...but if we have to pick WWE superstars, I'll take Edge.

Gamertag: DJ Demon J

I just figured for the first week of release or so a pre-existing would be easier. The rumor is that your guys will have next to nothing on the onset of story and it takes some time to build him up to a DECENT level.

Like I said, this ia half thought at the point. So suggestions are welcome.

Bog I need your XBL tag.

You have Orton. And it's OFFICALLY coming out the 28th.. it's imperitive ti comes out before the event for THQ...

If ti does get delayed.. I'll kick my cat...

Bog

Junior Ace
Outcast2004 said:
Bog I need your XBL tag.

You have Orton. And it's OFFICALLY coming out the 28th.. it's imperitive ti comes out before the event for THQ...

If ti does get delayed.. I'll kick my cat...

Gamertag is the same as this. And don't say that. I like cats.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Ramirez said:
I'm so in if the game doesn't suck,I gotta wait for reviews before I commit though...

Don't take "professional" reviews too seriously, listen to the fan's reviews instead. Historically wrestling games aren't reviewed right by many "big" sites and magazines. 2 examples I can give are:

WWF No Mercy for N64(Largely considered the best wrestling game released in North America)

got a 7.7 at GameSpot

---------------

WWE RAW 2 for Xbox (horrible, horrible game. worst THQ wrestling game this gen IMO)

got a 9.1 at IGN

I would say to gauge the overall rating of the gamers instead of the "professional" reviews

Ramirez

Well yea of course I'll listen to fans opinions as well,and IGN isn't a site I really listen to for anything :lol

I can't remember the name,I think it was Virtual Pro Wreslting 2,I imported it for the N64,it was better than No Mercy (same engine),it had this stage you could do moves off of,rocked the house.Plus it had the Dragon-huricanrana (I think thats the name,it wasn't in NM to my knowledge,I used to be such a wrestling buff,but I've forgotten almost everything) :lol

Rammy... you need to cave. Succumb to your inner wrestling geek.... DO IT,

Besides... thers no way it's worse than Raw2...

UPDATE AT TOP!!! ALL MUST READ!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ramirez said:
Well just put my name by Booker T for the moment.

"HULK HOGAN,I'M COMING FOR YOU NIGGA!" :lol

Be HBCade!

You and I can tag up and run over these slapnuts

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
wait, are CAWs out? I was hoping to switch to my CAW after getting it built up? Either that or I'll just wait a while and introduce my mattitude belt.

Also, if there is any justice, next years version will allow run ins. How awesome would it be in the middle of the World title match if somone just showed up and hit the champ with a ladder? Granted, it would probably get completely out of hand (see 24/7 hardcore rules), but it would be awesome.

strikeselect

Outcast2004 said:
Just for clarification....
YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A PREEXISTING WRESTLER. you can use a CAW, but for the first week it's going to be TOUGH until you get through story. BUT, if you do end up using a CAW, your totals will be reset. I can't have the potential of someone facing themseves for a title.

Prine

Banned
Trip for ME!! :D

But i WILL enter a CAW soon after. Just for the sake of starting the league Trip will do. UNLESS MUHAMMED HASSAN is included

Gamertag: PRINE

Well wrestling fans. We have our first match BOOKED. Per the request of the participant Stooge... and the current drama going on in the RAW locker room. We have a clash of epic proportions....

For the very first fed match on GAF Monday Night Mayhem.

Hell in the Cell!!!

Matt Hardy Version 1 (StoOge)
vs.
(Woman stealer) Edge (Shadax)

More matchs to be booked as time reaches near.....

Claimed wrestlers updated...

Shadax

Banned
Oh if we can use CAW wrestlers then I will use a CAW instead. I'd rather create my own dynasty and cut my own promos, thankyouverymuch.

Shadax said:
Oh if we can use CAW wrestlers then I will use a CAW instead. I'd rather create my own dynasty and cut my own promos, thankyouverymuch.

i think for the first couple of weeks you might want to stick with pre-existing. Like i said, your character will have nothing in the way of attire or moves.

I have a feeling once we all start going trough story we'll al be switching to our CAW alter-egos.

You unlock everything through the story and I'd hate for people to get their asses handed to them on a regular basis because their avatar has nothing too speak of. You NEED to go through the entire story to get a respectable character.

But hey.. if you want to be a jobber of Brooklyn Brawler proportions... be my guest.

Shadax

Banned
Well, I guess I that works then, I'll play Edge and whoop Matt Hardy in HITC and then switch to my CAW, The Dirty Blonde Ambition.

My character is named Outcast... this is where the screen name originated. I created this guy during the WM2000 & No Mercy days.

My stats... 6-8, 280lbs, medium legnth blonde hair.

Black tights wiht purple graphics. Blacvk boots with purple kickpads. Black mesh shirt like Christian used to wear.
UFC style gloves, elbow pads.

Finisher is the Steiner Screwdriver. I name it "The Fall of Darkness". I have a top rop finisher as well... top rope double knee drop. Just sick looking.

If you don't know what the Screwdriver is, I'd be more than happy to describe it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I'm interested in joining the league but I don't know 100% that I'm going to get the game yet. It really depends on how much disposable income I have and some of the impressions I hear closer to release. It did get a 9.0 in XBN though which is certainly a good sign.

I'll probably end up caving the week of release so go ahead and sign me up. I will most likely want to switch to a CAW but I think you have to play through storymode to level them up first so that might not be an option. So, go ahead and count me in as Eddie Guerrero. My gamertag is "Minotoro".

Kabuki I think the CAWS are all locked. You have to buy them... so for the first couple of weeks they are locked.

Have a second choice?

Minotauro said:
I'm interested in joining the league but I don't know 100% that I'm going to get the game yet. It really depends on how much disposable income I have and some of the impressions I hear closer to release. It did get a 9.0 in XBN though which is certainly a good sign.

I'll probably end up caving the week of release so go ahead and sign me up. I will most likely want to switch to a CAW but I think you have to play through storymode to level them up first so that might not be an option. So, go ahead and count me in as Eddie Guerrero. My gamertag is "Minotoro".

Just like I stated in the rules in the first post...

You do have to go through the story mode to get a decent wrestler. You start with NOTHING and have to build him up. So everyone using pre-built Superstars is only for the first couple of weeks until you feel your wrestler can compete.

We don't need any one sided squash matches, ya know?

Bog

Junior Ace
I think CAWs shouldn't be allowed. It'd be cooler to keep it with regular wrestlers to keep the "realism" of the league. That and you're gonna end up with a whole bunch of maxed out characters fighting each other.

3kuSaS

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I need this game!

"I think CAWs shouldn't be allowed. It'd be cooler to keep it with regular wrestlers to keep the "realism" of the league. That and you're gonna end up with a whole bunch of maxed out characters fighting each other."

That could be true. On smackdown vs raw, just about everyone uses maxed out CAWS. But there are plenty of people like me who make real stats for thier wrestlers...While I occasionally use Dupree, CAWS are what make the game for me. Thats most of the fun lies IMO. So you guys should allow CAWs that are realistic and have realistic stats.

You know... this is something to think about.

I'm not sure if you CAN totally max out your character (I don't have the game... so who knows?).

I'll keep the no CAW thing under advisment. I would like to hear more opinions on this.

Personally, I feel using the in-game characters would be easier on me and everyone else as far as match-making goes.

strikeselect

Well, I think that if you CAN max out a CAW in the game then you should add a rule to the league that no CAW's overall rating can surpass the highest rating for a wrestler already in the game.

From looking at the attributes of the roster (except some legends), it seems like the highest overall rating is 84. Multiple wrestlers have 84 (angle, HHH, the rock)
Not sure if anyone I haven't seen has more than that but, that should be the rule on this matter.

Cerrius, that may be the best solution. I'll probably set the limit at th ehighest of the REGULAR roster... not including legends for obvious reasons.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Looking at the official site.. the charachter models look dead on.. with a couple of exceptions.

cerrius... THQ has announced a 3/28 ship date. But you never know with WWE games.. they could come out early or be delayed a day before it ships.

strikeselect

some news on the release date... THQ has delayed the game in North America till April 18th

DAMN IT

I found out about the delay last night when someone posted it fromt he Gamestop computers.

It'd better be something worthwhile to delay it. THQ is getting TERRIBLE about delaying their titles anymore...

Top Bottom