• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Wrestlemania21 Online fed.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Awesome! I'm really glad it got pushed back. Now, I know I'll be able to get it at release. The PSP is probably going to tap me out next week.

Bog

Junior Ace
Wow, look who was right about the April date. Like I said, though, don't kick your cat.

Bog I bow to your greatness... and hang my head in shame for BELEIVING Thq.

That will NEVER happen again.

Back to King of Colosseum 2 and MLB2k5 till WM21 come sout.... bastards

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
THQ screwed themselves IMO. Go ahead and free up Batista. With the delay I probably won't be picking up Wrestlemania 21 until well after April 18 due to the massive influx of games that I want coming out during that period of time.

ZOMG!

awesome quality CAWS~!

gr6.gif

Bog

Junior Ace
I've been messing around with the CAWs a bit. Maybe I'll try and make Smash's alter ego Repo Man.

so bog how is the game?

is it a total turd?

or a game with flaws but still fun?

I have KOC2 so I just want a reg wwe game and I dont like sd v raw (step in crap direction), and I dont like DOR (Whiplashing A.I., counter city)

Kinesis, when you get UN-banned (for reasons I know nothing of, buit I'd love to hear!), you will be more than welcomed to take Taker.

Bog

Junior Ace
I don't know how much I can really say, since I may be writing the review, but let me just say I think I had more fun with the EXTREMELY early build of Day of Reckoning 2 than I did with WMXXI.

Bog I saw the alpha videos for DOR2, while DOR1 didn't wow me at all.
(Felt "floaty" and not quite as tight as SD vs Raw)

I have a feeling I'll have to buy a GC again, just to play this game. Graphics are drool worthy.

i couldnt fucking STAND dor1s A.I. it was GAMEBREAKING

either they are a total push over or they COUNTER EVERYTHING

so fuck DOR2 untill I see otherwise.

ZombieSupaStar said:

so fuck DOR2 untill I see otherwise.

I had some problems with that as well. On my point about the floatyness... it seemed if they were on the mat and you did a kick or elbow they'd bounce about 3 feet in the air. Just REALLY over-exaggerated physics.

I just wish WWE would STOP limiting the size of the damn rosters. We all know if they wanted to, you could fit the ENTIRE roster along with legends fairly easily.

Juist the EA syndrome, make a decent game but leave enough out to warrant a new purchase next year. BAH, I say!

Bog

Junior Ace
ZombieSupaStar said:

Agreed. It didn't ruin the game for me, but I don't think I ever went back after I finished the season mode.

Also, you probably noticed that the game looked way faster in those DoR2 movies. The creative manager over at THQ, though, told me it'll be slower when it's released. Possibly a little faster than DoR1, but not to the point it was in those videos.

A week away folks....

Unless THQ pulls a bait and switch and delaysit again...ergh. I want to have Jerichomania run wild all over the GAF Fed...

WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THIS JERICHOLIC RUNS WILD ON YOU!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Outcast2004 said:
A week away folks....

Unless THQ pulls a bait and switch and delaysit again...ergh. I want to have Jerichomania run wild all over the GAF Fed...

WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THIS JERICHOLIC RUNS WILD ON YOU!
I got a email saying it was pushed back

2 DAYS

I'm fearing this may get delayed even further... it's a week away...

Hasn't gone gold, and no reviews.

I have a feeling my $50 may be going to another game soon.

EDIT: Guess what kiddies.. IGN and Gamingring have the FINAL builds.. should be in stores next week like pronmised!

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, final builds have actually been available for a little while. Speaking of, I hung out with the GamingRing guys at that THQ WrestleMania weekend thing. Cool guys.

Jobber, I'm buying the game... surely. I'm a sucker for wrestling titles.. good or bad.

IGN just may be VERY wrong on this and it plays well.. who knows? (I will in about an hour) The fed may still be on depending if it's worth investing my time into and booking it.

jobber

I cancelled my preorder with gamestop.com yesterday in favor of trading 3 games + $10 credit at a store.
It's not coming in til tomorrow so blah.

Raw 2 blew me away the first couple of day I had it then the run in glitch killed my interest.

I never listened to review sites anyway. It's WWE...IT MUST BE GOOD! I even got Royal Rumble for Dreamcast :(

edit: You make a CAW for online play and a CAW for offline. Nice....

edit 2: people who have it today can't sign into Xbox Live :(

Well kiddies, THQ has a pissed off customer.

THERE IS NO WORKING XBOX LIVE FUNCTION FOR THIS GAME!

None! It's BROKE. Ergh. Thq better pull a raqbbit out of it's hat on this one.

<<<<one VERY unhappy wrestling fan right now. Sorry Babagges, you're getting your game back.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
well, now I dont feel bad for dropping out of the leauge.. looks like studio gigante just lost a yearly gig.

jobber

seems like the version out now is the BETA version not the final.

well they issued a patch that fixes live, and other glitches (AI is proly still borked but oh well)

I got the game

as a wrestling gamer whod give KOC2, no mercy, and fire pro a 10

and Shit like Raw (1 2) and LOW (1 2 3) an 3 or lower

id give WMXXI a 6 its got the basics I like in games (slow pace, good selling, location damage, real submissions) but has like has been stated spotty AI and other collosion issues I think if SG worked on a xbox 360 game with what they have now and really polished it itd be a very solid wrestling franchise (MUCH MUCH moreso than raw or low ever made you feel playing it)

My tag ZombieSupaStar (but no im not in the league anymore)

I played a few matches online last night. (Undefeated bitches! Fear my Mankind skills)

And I noticed the lag is unbearable in spots. When it works, it's fantastic.. when it lags... it sucks.

One more thing... WHO THE FUCK MADE THESE MOVESETS? They've all got moves they haven't or CAN'T do.

Top Bottom