• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xdefiant won’t have SBMM praise the lord!!!!

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
wedding-crashers-will-ferrell.gif

Pop

Whelp, they just cut their playebase by about 75%. Have fun in sweatville
You got that backwards

SBMM creates nothing but sweat lobbies every match if you are a decent player.

I'll give an example. Go play Apex again after not playing for awhile. The first two or three matches will be great, with a mix of good and bad players. But once the system detects you have like a 1 kdr or above then you're fucked. Every match after is sweaty. Happens in every game with SBMM nowadays.

What happened to social playlist just being a random mix of players. Now even social is filled with SBMM

nani17

are in a big trouble
I played both betas and the last one was extremely sweaty and I was not the only one who thought it

Cornbread78

You got that backwards

SBMM creates nothing but sweat lobbies every match if you are a decent player.

I'll give an example. Go play Apex again after not playing for awhile. The first two or three matches will be great, with a mix of good and bad players. But once the system detects you have like a 1 kdr or above then you're fucked. Every match after is sweaty. Happens in every game with SBMM nowadays.

What happened to social playlist just being a random mix of players. Now even social is filled with SBMM

Nah, once there is a clear dominance in skill & metas are formed in the lobbies after a few weeks, all the casuals leave and all that remains is sweat.

It's literally how all games in human history have been organized. Good basketball players don't enjoy dunking on little girls.

This will flop as all modes without SBMM have flopped.

Well that's literally not true at all. I have a lot of friends who are really good at football and play in very chill sunday leagues where they can enjoy competition and chill at the same time. There are ranked playlists for a reason.

Everyone has such fond memories of socials/open rooms in cod and halo 2 and 3. GEE I WONDER WHY. In halo infinite even the dumb fun playlists, I'm matched vs sweat lords and it's just boring as fuck because non ranked playlists have rulesets that are easily abused at the higher level. Be it badly designed maps, broken guns that aren't banned - what should be "fun" "casual" turns into either getting shit on or having to play like a sweaty scrub abusing the inherently inbalanced casual playlist rulesettings.

Last edited:

DonF

skill based so that I get fair and entertainment match or skill based so that every X matches losing I get a garanteed retention match with literal potatoes and win.

Boss Mog

Only losers with micropenises don't like SBMM. You really have to be a pathetic loser and coward to not want to play against people of your own skill. I guess "pwning noobs" (who have real lives) makes them feel like real men for that short moment. Most of those losers are not even legit, they're using a cronus zen or other such cheating devices.

It's literally how all games in human history have been organized. Good basketball players don't enjoy dunking on little girls.

This will flop as all modes without SBMM have flopped.
Call of Duty style SBMM is fucking tripe, it's built in such a specific way that it actively pisses most people off. I don't mind matchmaking ala Halo 2 or 3 because it always felt fair and consistent. Some games you do good, some you get stomped. Call of Duty makes it so you literally play for your life every single game and there is no casual mode to just chill.

And no, the game will flop because it has taken too long to release and has missed its window of opportunity (which would have been to release just after Modern Warfare III).

rm082e

Did I hear correctly the PC version of this game is launching exclusively on Ubisoft Connect? No Steam version?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Well that's literally not true at all. I have a lot of friends who are really good at football and play in very chill sunday leagues where they can enjoy competition and chill at the same time. There are ranked playlists for a reason.
They CERTAINLY play against people near their skill level as playing football against children wouldn't be fun.
Everyone has such fond memories of socials/open rooms in cod and halo 2 and 3. GEE I WONDER WHY.
Why:

nostalgia-hell.gif

+

Small number of people like beating children/low skill players.

SBMM was created for a reason. It works.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not sure why it's so diffiicult for any studio to have Unranked lobbies where everyone joins and can goof around (dont have stats tracked either so pro gamers cant racked up stats on bad gamers), and for competitive gamers who take it serious to play with other similar gamers and have Ranked modes with stats and SBMM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom