• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 2 official Japanese twitter account and website thread

RockmanBN

DKT1jTHVAAEYK31.jpg

not sure what people want

Yo this one looks good. Hopefully balance stuff like this with the moe junk.

CGiRanger

Banned
Reposting for the new page. All the Guest RARE Blade characters and artists:
Finch - Kunihiko Tanaka (Xenogears/Xenosaga/XenobladeX)
giphy.gif

Vasara - Yasushi Suzuki (Ikaruga/Sin and Punishment 1/2)
giphy.gif

Hotaru - Taiki
giphy.gif

Azami - M Hakus
giphy.gif

Kubira - M Hakus
giphy.gif

Uka - Nakaba Higurashi
MLGIMNA.gif

Raiko - Mizu Asato
giphy.gif

Seems like a pretty diverse lineup to me.

I just noticed a cute quirk of Uka where one of her shoulder-dragon things pokes her to make her turn around and introduce herself.

Instro

So is anyone kind of thrown that the blade character designs and models are significantly better than the actual main characters?

Akai

I think it's pretty clear that they've put a ton of effort into modeling, animation, and character personality this time around, for both the mandatory main cast and optional Rare Blades alike.

CGiRanger

Banned
Twitter accounts for...

Kunihiko Tanaka: https://twitter.com/netonevisions
Yasushi Suzuki: https://twitter.com/elegantsuzuki
Nakaba Higurashi: https://twitter.com/nkb_128 (private but links to website that also links to Pixiv)
Asato Mizu: https://twitter.com/mizuasato
Thanks! It'd be nice to draw up a list of each artists most renowned credits (aka. what are they best known for?) since I'm guessing most people outside of Japan or extreme fans have not heard of most of these guys.

Hmm, I'm guessing that it probably wouldn't be kosher to post any links to Masatsugu Saito's galleries? Good thing he's done some non-H artwork at least. :D

At least what I know of is:

Masatsugu Saito - Lead Character Artist/Designer
Credits: Cyborg 009 Call of Justice | Expelled from Paradise

Tetsuya Nomura - Character Artist/Designer (Torna)
Credits: Final Fantasy | Kingdom Hearts | etc.

Kunihiko Tanaka - Guest Character Artist (Finch)
Credits: Xenogears | Xenosaga | Xenoblade X

Yasushi Suzuki - Guest Character Artist (Vasara)
Credits: Ikaruga | Sin and Punishment 1 and 2

Nakaba Higurashi - Guest Character Artist (Uka)
Credits: Baten Kaitos | Baten Kaitos Origins

Mizu Asato - Guest Character Artist (Raiko)
Credits: Denkigai no Honya-san

Taiki - Guest Character Artist (Hotaru)
Credits: Lord of Vermillion | Digimon World -next 0rder-

M Hakus - Guest Character Artist (Azami and Kubira)
Credits: Shin Hayarigami

Thanks! It'd be nice to draw up a list of each artists most renowned credits (aka. what are they best known for?) since I'm guessing most people outside of Japan or extreme fans have not heard of most of these guys.

Hmm, I'm guessing that it probably wouldn't be kosher to post any links to Masatsugu Saito's galleries? Good thing he's done some non-H artwork at least. :D

At least what I know of is:

Masatsugu Saito - Lead Character Artist/Designer
Credits: Cyborg 009 Call of Justice | Expelled from Paradise

Tetsuya Nomura - Character Artist/Designer (Torna)
Credits: Final Fantasy | Kingdom Hearts | etc.

Kunihiko Tanaka - Guest Character Artist (Finch)
Credits: Xenogears | Xenosaga | Xenoblade X

Yasushi Suzuki - Guest Character Artist (Vasara)
Credits: Ikaruga | Sin and Punishment 1 and 2

Nakaba Higurashi - Guest Character Artist (Uka)
Credits: Baten Kaitos | Baten Kaitos Origins

Do any of the rest have any game or anime credits at all? Or are they specifically manga/doujin artists?

Mizu Asato's Denkigai no Honya-san got anime adaptation few years ago.
Taiki99 involved in bunch of games like Lord of Vermillion & Digimon World -next 0rder-
Hakus is chara designer for Shin Hayarigami

CGiRanger

Banned
Mizu Asato's Denkigai no Honya-san got anime adaptation few years ago.
Taiki99 involved in bunch of games like Lord of Vermillion & Digimon World -next 0rder-
Hakus is chara designer for Shin Hayarigami
Thanks! I updated the list above with those credits. It'll be hopefully useful in the future when a big compilation of all revealed Guest artist blades are put together.
Loving the designs of the Rare Blades is there anywhere that all the currently announced ones can be viewed?
Scroll up
Perhaps they are looking for the actual videos? This guy has them on his channel:

Vasara

Hotaru

Azami

Kubira

Uka

Raiko

Finch was shown in the Nintendo Direct trailer.

So the new blades are designed by popular artists? I guess that's cool.
The furry one is pretty bad but the rest seem neat enough

Animation and character model quality seem like a pretty big step up from X which is also pretty nice

casiopao

It's not on the same level for me. MOMO is certainly anime, but far from these waifu / fanservice Blades.
(And her sexualized aspect was relevant to the story.)

Lol. Momo is an fanservice as it was. It is released in the era when Cardcaptor Sakura is damn popular with the loli fanservice at that era.

Inukage

Thanks! I updated the list above with those credits. It'll be hopefully useful in the future when a big compilation of all revealed Guest artist blades are put together.

Perhaps they are looking for the actual videos? This guy has them on his channel:

Vasara

Hotaru

Azami

Kubira

Uka

Raiko

Finch was shown in the Nintendo Direct trailer.

Yeah sorry about that should have clarified, legend appreciate the links!

jwillenn

Loving the designs of the Rare Blades is there anywhere that all the currently announced ones can be viewed?

posted by xenobladec2 at gamefaqs:
From left to right, Finch, Vasara, Hotaru, Azami, Kubila, and Uka.
O1D4tgg.jpg

+
Raiko
YJkZ8DW.jpg

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Harpoon

Kind of curious how these super anime-ish blades sound in english, why aren't we get videos for the english release?

NoA doesn't seem to want to market the game much right now, while NoE's only posting translated versions of some of the tweets. It's a shame. =/ But speaking of, they did tweet their version of the Tora one.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/919918408786939906

It's Tora, Rex's Nopon sideki- uh, friend! He's a mechanically-gifted boy who's long dreamed of becoming a Driver… #XenobladeChronicles

Akai

Kind of curious how these super anime-ish blades sound in english, why aren't we get videos for the english release?

You can at least sorta make out Finch's voice from the Direct footage, but yeah, I guess they figure that westerners don't really care about who designed and who is voicing the characters.

CGiRanger

Banned
You can at least sorta make out Finch's voice from the Direct footage, but yeah, I guess they figure that westerners don't really care about who designed and who is voicing the characters.
It is as I suspect as well. In Japan things like manga/doujin artists and voice actors have much greater popularity and name recognition than in the west. I doubt that NoA/NoE is going to pay money for special voice actors for these Blades, and most people here wouldn't recognize their artists either. Of the listed names, only Tetsuya Nomura one could argue has "broad reach" in terms of name recognition due to Final Fantasy and such.

As for why Nintendo of America isn't doing much to market this game right now? Well, the most likely reason I think is because they've got other games to think of first. Fire Emblem Warriors is just about to release, and of course Mario is going to get the lions share of their attention (though one could argue Mario sells itself without needing much in the way of marketing). I would venture a guess that once November comes through we will, hopefully, start to see more marketing of the game.

It's tough to compare it to how NoA treated Xenoblade X because that game had such a long lead time from announcement to release (still hard to believe Xeno2 is releasing the same year it was announced), and also released in Japan 8 months ahead. But NoA did release a lot of videos in the final 2 months to its launch, so hopefully that will hold true here as well.

I figure it'd make sense to at least have a video compilation of all the RARE Blades when they've finished announcing all the pre-release ones.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lol. Momo is an fanservice as it was. It is released in the era when Cardcaptor Sakura is damn popular with the loli fanservice at that era.

I think a better example is how damn easy it was to catch upskirts because of how short her skirt was, like we're talking in normal cutscenes whenever she has to do something physical it just be right there infront of your face

casiopao

I think a better example is how damn easy it was to catch upskirts because of how short her skirt was, like we're talking in normal cutscenes whenever she has to do something physical it just be right there infront of your face

Xeno series had always had perverted art. It is best that everyone accepted that rather than act that Xeno had been shit with the design lol.

Reposting for the new page. All the Guest RARE Blade characters and artists:

Seems like a pretty diverse lineup to me.

I just noticed a cute quirk of Uka where one of her shoulder-dragon things pokes her to make her turn around and introduce herself.

What a bunch of trash designs aside from Azami and maybe Kubila
Azami looks cool. All the other ones belong to various low tiers of character design
Agree.

CrisKre

This game will be spectacular, won't it?

Got the special edition pre-ordered, and Mario, Doom, LA Noire and Skyrim to hold me over. What a fucking year the Switch is having (and the backlog will be massive, yes).

Philippo

I wonder if Nomura also designed any playable Blades.

Also i'd love to see some Blades designed by popular manga artists (Obata, Oda, Togashi, Kishimoto etc.)

Akai

Oh man, they even updated the Wanted poster art from E3. Amazing...

Edit: Unless it gets updated over the course of the game, which would also be great.

3Wa6LJh.png

Top Bottom