• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: big website update (chara. creation, field, new music)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
lol Amazon Japan email I just got:

mKZs7Nk.png

Is it saying the game is for PSvita(obviously not)?

foxuzamaki

so many japanese rpgs on the vita and 3DS, amazon.jp probably just automatically assumed it was for it lol

injurai

Banned
The character designer is Kunihiko Tanaka. The same as Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode I. That was announced with the first trailer back in January 2013.

I really like his designs.

i guess I do to, just not the faces...

I'm at a loss of words but they are rather unsettling. And not in an uncanny valley sort of way, it's different than that.

edit: looked up his work. His 2d stuff is fine, but in 3d something odd happens...

I'm at a loss of words but they are rather unsettling. And not in an uncanny valley sort of way, it's different than that.

edit: looked up his work. His 2d stuff is fine, but in 3d something odd happens...

Plot Twist: They are all clones / androids.

BOOM

I honestly just like unique art styles. It's one of the key reasons I'm so ambivalent about Final Fantasy. The characters look too normal and sterile.

Besides I will always greatly prefer the first lady to what came after...

shion.jpg

injurai

Banned
That's fine. Normally I like anime designs, but I think these come across as porcelain dolls which is why I'm not liking them. Some phobia of mine or something. But I can understand now how some people are offput entirely by anime designs.

edit: I really really hate porcelain dolls...

moolamb

Alright, I'll bite. Time to join the face discussion again.

My opinion is that it's the skin tone and iris shading that's creeping us all out. To do the art style justice, the skin tone really should have been cel-shaded - even if nothing else was. And then you have the irises, which are actually fine in 2D, but far too dark, and the specular reflections are in the wrong places, giving the eyes a 'dead' look.

But who knows, it might actually look better once we're playing the game...

DJIzana

I'm wondering if we can go inside any of the restaurants or shops our residential houses we see. This is basically the only thing left I want to know more of. Outside of seeing the type of quests you can do in multi-player, of course.

TheMoon

I'm wondering if we can go inside any of the restaurants or shops our residential houses we see. This is basically the only thing left I want to know more of. Outside of seeing the type of quests you can do in multi-player, of course.

Doubt it. That's probably just scenery.

The first game had very little interiors. I wouldn't expect much here either.

I honestly just want more dungeons (Which I think we'll have, the exploration video gave me hope for that).

DJIzana

The first game had very little interiors. I wouldn't expect much here either.

I honestly just want more dungeons (Which I think we'll have, the exploration video gave me hope for that).

Yeah I know it didn't. This game is doing a lot of different things though so you never know.

At least we did get a look as to what some shop areas look like. Reminded me a lot of PSO in terms of the layout / design. Definitely a good thing.

Votron

Please i need to confirm is there is going to be any male customization also. Like penis slider , buffed pecks and muscles

adroit

Like penis slider , buffed pecks and muscles
Firstly, I just have to say: Epic avatar pic! Mind boggling.

Secondly, I want to vote for the term "sausage slider" just because I'm easily amused by alliteration (sue me).

And thirdly, if the sausage slider were implemented like the bust slider, the thing would stick straight out. XD But seriously, the bust slider is almost that comical.

anaron

I honestly just like unique art styles. It's one of the key reasons I'm so ambivalent about Final Fantasy. The characters look too normal and sterile.

Besides I will always greatly prefer the first lady to what came after...

shion.jpg

god I hate what they did to Shion design-wise and personality post episode 1 :'(

Or a certain shoulder:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...echonis.png/revision/latest?cb=20111013120518

I don't think monado hairpins are the only Xenoblade tease in the game.
:0

god I hate what they did to Shion design-wise and personality post episode 1 :'(

:0
Here, here. Ep. II threw so many things out of whack. (Not just with Shion obviously.)

They tried to patch things up in III and were mostly successful, but a lot of it was permanently marred. Thankfully III was such an amazing game that it made up for the plethora of stumbles in II.

foxuzamaki

Please i need to confirm is there is going to be any male customization also. Like penis slider , buffed pecks and muscles

There is possibly a bulge slider like the pic of the guy in short shorts where they intentionally zoom in on his junk, but we havent been shown confirmation of it so its up in the air.

Muscles and pecks, no doubt. But, not to be "that guy", breasts are secondary sex characteristics, whereas a penis is primary.

The only equivalent to a penis slider would be a vagina slider... which doesn't make any sense haha

-Horizon-

Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Brackets refers to the names given to the voices by the site. Do not take them too literally.

why am I only discovering this voice cast list now?!

Top Bottom