• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teases 2015 Releases With New Years Image

I don't even know what Japanese games I'd want though I guess. Most of what's being made that XSEED would have access to definitely isn't targeted at me. :/

Since Bakumatsu Rock is a definite no go, I don't think there's anything Manservicey even coming out soon, or has even been recently released. Those two Ukiyo games by Spike Chunsoft maybe, but I think if we got those it would be Aksys bringing them over.

(Speaking of Aksys, what are they working on right now?)

Tohsaka

Bullet Girls is super easy to play even if you don't know any Japanese, there's a guide on the PlayStationtrophies forum that translates literally everything aside from the story banter between the girls.

Cream

Banned
Bullet Girls is super easy to play even if you don't know any Japanese, there's a guide on the PlayStationtrophies forum that translates literally everything aside from the story banter between the girls.

I like story banter Tohsaka ;-;

Tohsaka

Yeah I like it too, I really didn't (and still don't) expect it to ever get localized though, so I just imported it. I still understood most of what they were saying though because the dialogue isn't really that complicated.

I don't even know what Japanese games I'd want though I guess. Most of what's being made that XSEED would have access to definitely isn't targeted at me. :/

Since Bakumatsu Rock is a definite no go, I don't think there's anything Manservicey even coming out soon, or has even been recently released. Those two Ukiyo games by Spike Chunsoft maybe, but I think if we got those it would be Aksys bringing them over.

(Speaking of Aksys, what are they working on right now?)

Could be senran Kagura 2, has someone tried with the artwork of that guy that is the only male fighter ?

Yeah, I looked through enough arms and legs for today. Even vigorusly compared long shots like visual novels and anime related games, lol

Kudos for choosing such a hard part of an image to figure out what the hell it is, XSEED.

Better be something amazing for all the effort spent in trying to figure out what it is!

Still no progress I see, did learn a lot about controversy I apparently missed, just wanted to shout out to Tom and Xseed to keep up the excellent work providing fantastic translations of these games!

MrGummy

Still no progress I see, did learn a lot about controversy I apparently missed, just wanted to shout out to Tom and Xseed to keep up the excellent work providing fantastic translations of these games!

Same, though I was busy with my last year of college when the controversy was going on apparently.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Could be senran Kagura 2, has someone tried with the artwork of that guy that is the only male fighter ?
Murasame? It's not him, his legs are way too far apart. Proof:

SK2_Fami-shot_01-08-14_008.jpg

What's the thing in the middle of the 0? I don't recognise it.

The image gets narrower at the top. Very few characters legs seem to do that.

Did anyone try checking animal legs by any chance? I mean, judging by the image if it is legs they seem a bit odd to be human. I figure the curvature on them if they are legs are more likely on animals.

Also I'm totally not taking Tom's talk of horses seriously...

RangerBAD

Did anyone try checking animal legs by any chance? I mean, judging by the image if it is legs they seem a bit odd to be human. I figure the curvature on them if they are legs are more likely on animals.

Also I'm totally not taking Tom's talk of horses seriously...

The main character can ride a horse in Sen no Kiseki 1. In 2, the main character rides a motorcycle.

I don't think there is any concept art.

The one thing I keep thinking about is how jagged the edges are. All the other artwork was smooth.

Maybe something older and/or low-res?

18-Volt

if that last game isn't SK2...

what the fuck. who dropped the ball? Marvelous? XSEED? Everyone?

Exactly what I was thinking. I thought the first two (and a half) games sold well, why should they prioritize ten year old games over SK? Not that I'm against old games.

Einhander

BTW, I've been wondering, is there a group fan translating Zero no Kiseki? I've heard people say it's being worked on, but I haven't been able to search for any info about it. I know which people are working on Nayuta.

Tohsaka

Senran Kagura 2 has to be coming, I think they're probably just not prioritizing it because they released two SK games in as many months not that long ago. I'd be literally shocked if it didn't get localized this year.

You guys are gonna get your ninjas, but what about the rest of us???

Maybe XSEED can convince some other developers to add some Manservice to their games.

Vylash

Senran Kagura 2 has to be coming, I think they're probably just not prioritizing it because they released two SK games in as many months not that long ago. I'd be literally shocked if it didn't get localized this year.

yeah, they had to play catch up with Burst, SV, and Bon Appetit

antibolo

Banned
Wait so not only are they localizing Oneechanbara, it's not even the PS4 game? Ugh.

Also double ugh at all the Xseed hate in the past few pages.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
if that last game isn't SK2...

what the fuck. who dropped the ball? Marvelous? XSEED? Everyone?

Exactly what I was thinking. I thought the first two (and a half) games sold well, why should they prioritize ten year old games over SK? Not that I'm against old games.
The silhouettes aren't all the games they plan to release this year, just some teasers just like last years image. Last year they released Bon Appetit (and they hoped to release Brandish) that they didn't tease. (Did anyone figure out the last game from last years picture?)

And have people checked some upcoming games? I know this is uncommon for XSEED but it has happened with Killer is Dead as an example.

Didn't stop them from teasing SV one month after the release of Burst though.

The silhouettes aren't all the games they plan to release this year, just some teasers just like last years image. Last year they released Bon Appetit (and they hoped to release Brandish) that they didn't tease. (Did anyone figure out the last game in last years picture?)

And have people checked some upcoming games? I know this is uncommon for XSEED but it has happened with Killer is Dead as an example.

It was going to be English Detective Mysteria but from what Tom said last year, it seems that plans to localized it fell through.

The tease for it was pretty damn vague too, lol
It was a silhouette of a side character in the game, not even one of the main guys

Did we ever got sales numebers ?

Burst was digital only in NA and i cant imagine the niche being too big for the second game on vita

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure we'll get it eventually. I guess they figured that SK2 & possibly EV were easy guesses as to what they'd localize, so they went with games that'd be considered "bigger" news or something.

They already translated 3 of the games, hearing about a 4th one being translated, while pleasant news, wouldn't be all that surprising.

Producer

They probably made more money from Trails PC than any individual SK title

Lucentto

Banned
For some, remember what Tom said:

...Also, as a general aside, please note that the silhouettes on our New Year's card are more representative of the characters depicted on them than they are of any specific games. Not that it'll necessarily make a difference in most cases, but just FYI!

So for the Onechanbara silhouette they might actually be teasing the PS4 game instead of the PS3 one.

Also for the people looking through Sen no Kiseki character art, it might be good to look through Sen no Kiseki 2 art also.

I may have found something somewhat similar in the Sen no Kiseki 2 art, though I am afraid to post it since I was already completely off with that corpse party character lol.

BTW, I've been wondering, is there a group fan translating Zero no Kiseki? I've heard people say it's being worked on, but I haven't been able to search for any info about it. I know which people are working on Nayuta.

One exists, but it's... not great, to put it very kindly. People would be much happier pretending it doesn't exist.

18-Volt

You guys are gonna get your ninjas, but what about the rest of us???

Maybe XSEED can convince some other developers to add some Manservice to their games.

Bakumatsu Rock is a rhythm game from Marvelous which involves glamorous male rock stars in Shogun era who take off their clothes in the middle of the concert. Crazy stuff.

18-Volt

Yeah, and we're not getting it. XSEED already confirmed that. ;_;

I thought they were talking about first PSP version of the game. They said nothing about Vita sequel which was released couple of months ago. Anime is licensed in US, maybe there is a chance.

I thought they were talking about first PSP version of the game. They said nothing about Vita sequel which was released couple of months ago. Anime is licensed in US, maybe there is a chance.
It's not the system that's the issue, it's the game itself.

All the text is displayed vertically. It would be a huge ordeal to localize it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm getting a few matches with Sen no Kiseki II characters, but I can't do a direct comparison myself.

Try posting the pics here

Top Bottom