• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yahoo NFL Fantasy Football Play or Die Recruiting Thread (Season 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wasn't waiting until August for this shit.

Like last year, this is an interest thread for anyone who wants in. The Yahoo Fantasy Football Play or Die League will be a Yahoo 16 team League, in which 8 will make the playoffs and Top 4 get payouts (getting 4th should get you your initial buy-in back). The buy-in will be a bit more expensive than last year's $35, I'm thinking $40-50 bucks unless you guys want to go higher. I have invited the whole league from last year if they want to enter again, I figure 2 months is plenty of time to decide that. I will expect people to start paying mid-end of August but hey if you want to pay early that's fine. We also have about 2-3 open spots right now., but as many as 11 if some of last year's league participants don't renew.

Settings will be the same as last year. This is a non-PPR (PPR IS THE DEVIL!), double Flex league with only 4 bench spots (16 teams will go thought Player Pool quick). We will use the FAAB system, $100 budget for the whole season. You will get points for KR/PR Yards like last year.

League Draft Date: Sunday, September 6th, 8:30 PM Eastern, 5:30 PM Pacific
Draft Type: Snake Draft

Buy-In / Payment Structure
For 16 people x $40 = $640
1st gets 45% = $288
2nd gets 27.5% = $176
3rd gets 17.5% = $112
4th gets 6.25% = $40 (get Buy-In back)
Highest Scoring Non-Playoff Team: $24

Full List of Team Settings here

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Weekly Waivers Game Time - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
League Pickem: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN

Kickers League Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 1
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 2
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -0.5
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -0.75
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1.5
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -2
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -0.75

Rule Additions
Transaction Amount Limit - will be between 80-85 moves (Trades don't count)

(Space reserved for Participant List/Final Buy-in calculations/Etc.)

Returning Members
1. Measure of a Manning - 5/4 - Created league -- DUES PAID --
2. Manziel in Distress - scythD 5/4 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
3. Team Konex - cloudy 5/5 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
4. Olivia Munn's Tight End - Gabyskra 5/5 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
5. Pixel Pirates - diehard 5/5 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
6. Everybody Wants KC's D - baldemon 7/26 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
7. 1% Defense Force - Enron 7/26 joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
8. Long Island Broskis - UberTag 8/8 Joined via renew -- DUES PAID --
9. Welker's Molly Dealer - knicks 8/8 Joined via renew
9. Florida Men Kusagari 9/6 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
10. chefmoogle's Team - Crazymoogle 8/14 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
11. store jerk's Team - djblackice 8/14 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
12. Broadway Blueshirts - NYR 8/15 Joined via shared link (sent message that they will pay)
13. Psycho Crushers - MBison 8/15 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
14. Keep Up W The Joness - coolasj19 8/15 Joined via shared link
14. Knuck If You Chuck Big Baybee Today Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
15. Discount Belichick - ? 8/15 Joined via shared link
15. Seasons VPhys 9/5 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
16. Minx88's Team - Minx88 8/15 Joined via shared link -- DUES PAID --
Waitlist

Previous League Members - 8/14 Roster spots become non-guaranteed and I start asking Wait Listers if they want in last week of August. Payment Due 9/5 by 1 pm EST, I spam waitlisters/anyone who wants to join then.

-----------LEAGUE FULL-----------------

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Just making a note. I'm interested. But won't commit right now. Though I'm pretty sure that's just a case of not being hype enough yet.

I'll need to go the PayPal route unless LeagueSafe started playing nice with Canadians.
... STILL?

That's fucking dumb, I thought they fixed that. Pretty much the only reason I brought up LeagueSafe is I thought it made it easier on people out of the US to pay than Paypal.

UberTag

... STILL?

That's fucking dumb, I thought they fixed that. Pretty much the only reason I brought up LeagueSafe is I thought it made it easier on people out of the US to pay than Paypal.
What could be easier than PayPal?
Send $xx.xx money to E-Mail address as gift.
Hit Enter.

I mean, maybe it's more secure than PayPal if you're dealing with an anonymous Yahoo! league or a commish that's potentially crooked. But easier? I'm not sure that's possible.

Waitlist me please. I'm bringing my 4 of 5 championships that I won last year and newly found massive ego to the table.

What could be easier than PayPal?
Send $xx.xx money to E-Mail address as gift.
Hit Enter.

I mean, maybe it's more secure than PayPal if you're dealing with an anonymous Yahoo! league or a commish that's potentially crooked. But easier? I'm not sure that's possible.
I think there were some issues with people paying out of country with extra fees than people in the US... I have to re-read the payment thing. Also I remember there were people who didn't know how to do the payment "as gift" thing with PayPal so you don't pay fees. You bring up a good point though, LeagueSafe gives more security if you play with a bunch of randoms/unfamiliar commish.
Waitlist me please. I'm bringing my 4 of 5 championships that I won last year and newly found massive ego to the table.
... I'm starting to feel this year's league is going to be much more competitive than last year. And last year was no cakewalk.

By Friday if other guys haven't renewed they lose their guaranteed spot. Also going to start accepting payments from the guys in the first 16 spots.

By August 31st if I don't have 16 paid I open it to the rest of the waitlisters.

BTW I start accepting payments tomorrow and will email invites to all waitlisters. It turns out we have more spots left than I thought.

EDIT: Moris dropped out, same with Dipro.

10. chefmoogle's Team - Crazymoogle 8/14 Joined via shared link
11. store jerk's Team - djblackice 8/14 Joined via shared link

5 Open Spots Left.

League now full. All correspondence in this thread will be strictly for replacement guys. All League correspondence will be via Yahoo site/e-mail/forum link in acceptance e-mail.

Dunno why only 7 people (including me) have paid, which makes me think people aren't checking the e-mail they gave on Yahoo. I'm going to PM people here to make sure they are planning on paying... by 9/5 Saturday I start contact waitlisters and telling them to be ready.

Updated List with people who paid. Sending PMs out to everybody else.

14. Keep Up W The Joness - ? 8/15 Joined via shared link
15. Alden's Team - ? 8/15 Joined via shared link

Whoever these guys are you need to give me your info.

So it looks like I'm going to kick out 5-6 people who haven't communicated/paid. Considering I gave over a month... yeah.
Anyone interested in joining post.

Our payment deadline hits in 4 hours... anyone who is interested and can pay within a day or so post and you're on the wait list.

knicks, NYR, coolasj19, Discount Belicheck owner, and MBison yet to pay.

EDIT: Mbison paid.

UberTag

What's your plan for tomorrow with only 11 owners with dues paid?
Shrink the league down from 16 teams (we ran with 14 last season), delay the draft beyond the planned 8:30pm / 5:30pm start time tomorrow or both?

What's your plan for tomorrow with only 11 owners with dues paid?
Shrink the league down from 16 teams (we ran with 14 last season), delay the draft beyond the planned 8:30pm / 5:30pm start time tomorrow or both?
We have 12 now, and I have at least 6 waitlisters who have been asking me if they can join last 3 days. I'm contacting ALL the waitlisters now, and I will kick out nonpaying owners in an hour. Whomever responds with payment first gets in.

If by tomorrow we have only I'll run with that, but I REALLY want 16. No draft delays... I gave people notice since friggin' early July. More than enough time to at least send an e-mail/register on a forum.

UberTag

So we're at 14 teams (13 paid) as of right now, correct? Also, am I correct in assuming that 45 second draft selection window won't be changing?

So we're at 14 teams (13 paid) as of right now, correct? Also, am I correct in assuming that 45 second draft selection window won't be changing?
Nope, now we are at 14 paid. Seasons (last year's runner up) is back in the league. If I don't get 2 more, I lock the league and we roll 14. I am trying hard to to get 16 though.

It's 45 seconds yeah. Unless anyone objected and right now the big issue is Highest Scoring non-playoff team getting money apparently.

EDIT: after tomorrow all correspondence will be at other site btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom