• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yahoo Video : Ten most expensive games ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeelPower

Here's the video.

1.Destiny : $500,000,000

2. Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 : $277,168,973. Apparently 200 million spent on marketing alone.

3.Grand Theft Auto V : $275,568,302

4. Final Fantasy VII : $214,481,334

5. Star Wars : The Old Republic : $211,481,334

6. Too Human : $110,473,147

7. Red Dead Redemption : $109,078,902.
The video mentions random trivia about each game so I chuckled when they mentioned the achievement concerning "One achievement can only be unlocked by throwing a girl onto railroad tracks towards an oncoming train" :p

8. Max Payne 3 : $108,776,623

9. Halo MMO(cancelled) : $103,243,337

10. Dead Pool 2013 : $102,100,246

Its by yahoo so I don't how reliable these numbers are(although they do mention their sources in the video)

Throw me on railroad tracks if old.

Vinc

They said multiple times that Destiny did not cost anywhere near 500 million, so I guess that list isn't reliable.

Portugeezer

So I just want to ask already:

WHAT IS THE FUCKING DEAL WITH THE DESTINY BUDGET? $500mil is legit?

No speculative answer please.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I want to know where that FFVII figure came from, because I have never head a claim it cost so much to produce.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
How come we heard nothing about Halo MMO. I mean no leak what so ever and was cancelled? Who was developing it?

And 200M for MW2 marketing? That cant be right. And that Destiny 500M isnt for one game. This list is flawed.

Swamped

Banned
Wow these numbers are insane! Haven't watched the video yet, but are these 2014 dollars? Would there be a substantial difference between dollars from ~15 years ago and today?

Omega

Banned
isn't this list bullshit?

i thought when it came out that GTA V had a 265 million dollar budget that it was the most expensive game made to date and only a handful of movies spent more to make.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
With Deadpool listed at over $100 million, I think we can safely assume there's something notably wrong with this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom