• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 4 Announcement Trailer + Boxart SEGA HAS LEARNED

IrishNinja

ah, you're a good man, Go - i'm out of miami, FL (US) so shipping'd be a bit've a bitch for you, i think. if i can't secure the 3+4 deal over here, i'll PM you though! thanks man.

ps someone let EatChildren know, i've done that for lesser things.

atomsk

Party Pooper
bestbuy finally put up a preorder page so i could spend my gift cards

DAY ONE...ish (whenever they actually get it)

IrishNinja

ok, so i checked one more local kmart, and they too didnt have yakuza 3 in stock. they said they tend to shed games a year or more old.
the only reassurance was one guy saying that 3 might return as part of the promotion deal for 4. im just really hoping to show up on the 15th and not have them wondering what the fuck i'm on about...christ i wish best buy or amazon or somebody would match this deal.

hamchan

lucius said:
Did this get pretty good reviews in Japan?

Or is it not even out there yet?

38/40 in Famitsu. Came out this time last year in Japan.

GAF thread gave it some good impressions too I think.

Don

Sucks about Butterfly City since I really like the Japanese intro with that song, but if those are the only cuts then I can't really complain.

Go_Ly_Dow

androvsky said:
Siliconera talked to someone at Sega and got the complete list of cuts from Yakuza 4.

Answer x Answer.
The opening song, Butterfly City couldn't be licensed, so it was replaced with a remix of For Faith. All the other songs were kept.

And that's it. Not bad.

I've had my pre-order down for a while now and this isn't enough to bother me in the slightest.

The reasons why they're not included is understandable.

Oh and I cant wait for this game!

Riposte

The demo/opening song for Yakuza 3 was easily better than Ryu Ga Gotoku 3. I mean Loser is a pretty snazzy song, but simply doesn't fucking compare to the game's awesome soundtrack. "Air"(I think it is) matched up sooooo much to the video too. From what I've seen the difference is even bigger this time. NA winning out.

So this isn't a cut.

It is an improvement.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Think im gonna pick this up. Seems like the usual bizarre shit and Sega listened this time by not cutting stuff and giving the game a proper damn cover.

Im ashamed to admit this but i have all the yakuza games (1-3) bought brand new but havent actually played any of them (played a tiny bit of 3). I snatched up yakuza 1 and 2 when it seemed like they were going extinct and i just got yakuza 3 last week for 22$.

Riposte said:
The demo/opening song for Yakuza 3 was easily better than Ryu Ga Gotoku 3. I mean Loser is a pretty snazzy song, but simply doesn't fucking compare to the game's awesome soundtrack. "Air"(I think it is) matched up sooooo much to the video too. From what I've seen the difference is even bigger this time. NA winning out.

So this isn't a cut.

It is an improvement.

Do you have a link to the opening song for Yakuza 3? I'd love to hear it because "Loser" is a incredible song and it's fucking amazing how well it suits Ryuu ga gotoku 3. I listened to the entire thing every single time I booted the game (while looking away to avoid the spoilery intro clips). I find it incomprehensible that any song could come close to being as good. I'm prepared to be proven wrong but am super skeptical.

That said I hate "Butterfly City" and practically anything would be an improvement over that terrible song.

Albeit brief and lacking exploration of the world, I enjoyed the fighting-only demo. The game looks pretty good and controls well. My only real complaints are fights becoming tedious (maybe there were some special combos I didn't know about?) and the lack of lock-on when fighting. There were quite a few times when I ended up fighting the air instead of the guy a few feet in front of me.

I won't be buying this at launch, but I'm certainly interested. I'm already spending a bit too much on games this month, so I can't really justify the extra $60 right now for something I am not incredibly excited to play.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
androvsky said:
Siliconera talked to someone at Sega and got the complete list of cuts from Yakuza 4.

Answer x Answer.
The opening song, Butterfly City couldn't be licensed, so it was replaced with a remix of For Faith. All the other songs were kept.

And that's it. Not bad.

This give me hope that SEGA will bring the best Samurai game ever made "RGG Kenzan" to the west without many cuts.

Totobeni said:
This give me hope that SEGA will bring the best Samurai game ever made "RGG Kenzan" to the west without many cuts.
I didn't think there was enough of a chance of them bringing it here to worry about possible cuts.

Riposte

foomfoom415 said:
Do you have a link to the opening song for Yakuza 3? I'd love to hear it because "Loser" is a incredible song and it's fucking amazing how well it suits Ryuu ga gotoku 3. I listened to the entire thing every single time I booted the game (while looking away to avoid the spoilery intro clips). I find it incomprehensible that any song could come close to being as good. I'm prepared to be proven wrong but am super skeptical.

That said I hate "Butterfly City" and practically anything would be an improvement over that terrible song.

It is the
---final---
boss song. I was mistaken on the name. It is "Fly". Also anyone know who is suppose to be the "Dragon God" referred to in the ost? Kazuma? It was clear who were the two dragons in the 2.

NA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCvwBFpRyA

Kind of hilarious how many awesome scenes they spoil(visually, anyway) in these clips. Going to skip it for 4.

Riposte said:
It is the
---final---
boss song. I was mistaken on the name. It is "Fly". Also anyone know who is suppose to be the "Dragon God" referred to in the ost? Kazuma? It was clear who were the two dragons in the 2.

Well fuck. Honestly I was expecting something completely unworthy, but that is indeed a damn fine song and though it sets a completely different tone than the original song, it still fits the intro wonderfully. I still like "Loser" better, but "Fly" is a more than worthy replacement.

If they can find something even half as good for Yakuza 4, it will be in good shape.

kiryogi

Banned
For faith is awesome and an improvement. It's a bit of a disappointment in the original that you only heard it during install haha.

Tizoc

Hurray I can finally post!
Yeah new member here, I regestired at around August =3

So yeah really looking forward to this game, and I'm hoping mi country gets it earlier than US or EU (we do that sometimes ;3).
I really don't care about the inclusion of the hostess mini-game, but I'll give it a whirl, if only to get a trophy from it, but I swear I better not be beating up random mooks with every girl I work with...or chase around for her dog.

Carnby

RadioHeadAche said:
Albeit brief and lacking exploration of the world, I enjoyed the fighting-only demo. The game looks pretty good and controls well. My only real complaints are fights becoming tedious (maybe there were some special combos I didn't know about?) and the lack of lock-on when fighting. There were quite a few times when I ended up fighting the air instead of the guy a few feet in front of me.

I won't be buying this at launch, but I'm certainly interested. I'm already spending a bit too much on games this month, so I can't really justify the extra $60 right now for something I am not incredibly excited to play.

There is a lock on. It has been a while, but I believe it is R1.

Go_Ly_Dow

Riposte said:
It is the
---final---

NA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCvwBFpRyA

Kind of hilarious how many awesome scenes they spoil(visually, anyway) in these clips. Going to skip it for 4.

Soooo good.

Always impresses how well it fits since its a replacement song.

Full version is here btw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBzFoYwSVY

Please match it Yakuza 4.

IrishNinja

ok, so i searched through the CAD thread where these deals got posted, out of concern for not knowing what to do if kmart doesn't have 3 in stock when 4 drops in a week or so, and found one reassuring post:

Josh has said so, but it bears repeating that stores are being sent additional point cards regardless of their posted inventory to ensure availability for the corresponding deals. The same goes for copies of Yakuza 3.

this ties into what an employee told me, that while they dont often stock older games, they've often had to send certain titles back and had them re-shipped just in time for past promotions. still wish i knew what to do if my local chain doesn't have 3 on hand at the time though - do they do a rain check or wha? i dont expect a niche title to have a huge sellout that day, but i likewise dont expect much stock either.

hamchan

kiryogi said:
For faith is awesome and an improvement. It's a bit of a disappointment in the original that you only heard it during install haha.

Hell yeah.

When For Faith started playing during the install sequence I was like "Whoa! This is the best PS3 game install ever!".

Hell yeah! So geeked up for this one. Yakuza 3 is one of my all-time favorites. So much to do in that game. I feel like did a ton by the time I got done with it, but my stat sheet revealed I only began to scratch the surface:

3604bafad7fb3de5.jpg

Top Bottom