• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

in yakuza 5 how do I continue the comedy missions with Haruka after I do the first one for the substory? I see I need to do a couple more for 100% completion.

Also, is there a point where I can travel to any city with any character? I completely forgot about doing tourist spots. I only did the very first ones.

in yakuza 5 how do I continue the comedy missions after I do the first one for the substory? I see I need to do a couple more for 100% completion.

Also, is there a point where I can travel to any city with any character? I completely forgot about doing tourist spots. I only did the very first ones.

Easiest way to do stuff you missed is to just clear the game and then go into Premium Adventure mode. This lets you take a cleared story save game file and carry on where you left off, freely switching between characters and regions while doing all the side stuff you missed.

I forget though if you have a chance to swap between characters before the end of the game. Other games in the series offer this, but from the way the final chapter of 5 is structured I forget if you get the chance to do this.

But for the comedy duo - the location is always the same. You need to find the guy by the pay phone in Osaka, its the payphone just north of the bridge (just by the restaurant with the massive crab on the side of the building). It should be marked with a "!" on your map.

Final stretch, right before the end of the game. Also after the end of the game in Premium Adventure Mode. Just like every other Yakuza game with multiple protagonists.

Easiest way to do stuff you missed is to just clear the game and then go into Premium Adventure mode. This lets you take a cleared story save game file and carry on where you left off, freely switching between characters and regions while doing all the side stuff you missed.

I forget though if you have a chance to swap between characters before the end of the game. Other games in the series offer this, but from the way the final chapter of 5 is structured I forget if you get the chance to do this.

But for the comedy duo - the location is always the same. You need to find the guy by the pay phone in Osaka, its the payphone just north of the bridge (just by the restaurant with the massive crab on the side of the building). It should be marked with a "!" on your map.

thanks, i was trying to do 100% of everything possible as I go through the game. Like, each character has taken me tons of hours cus im doing it this way. But I prefer to do it now instead of a long grind at the end. Was bummed I forgot about location stuff, but that should be a quick clean up at the end. Only thing that will be a grind seems to be getting all the weapons, just cus idk how im going to get all the money for that.

I might need to progress in the story more, that comedy guy isnt there right now for me

@ matrix-cat - make sure you unlock some of the better moves for Kiryu in 6 as soon as you can - stuff like the Tiger Drop, L1 counter move (sorta like Tanimura's counter system in 4) a heat move for convenience stores etc. can be unlocked and are brilliant fun to play around with. Also keep in mind the Tiger Drop and L1 counter moves have upgrades that drastically relaxes the timing on both, making them way easier to do. Lastly, don't make the same mistake I did - weapon counter heat moves (for knives, guns, hammers etc.) can only be pulled off when you are NOT holding down R1 to lock onto an enemy. I was trying to do them all game while never letting go of R1!

Thanks for the advice, I've been prioritising the combo speed upgrades so far, because Kiryu just feels so slow in this game, but I'll definitely look into those.

Kimaka

If you have time and it's ok to go back to the game you finished. I recommend that you replay zero later. You must have missed a lot of great stuff and momemts in zero.

Mine got a very cool role in Ishin.

I actually completed most of the side content since I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it. Tbh most of it was the cabaret minigame lol. I think the only things that I didn't finish were the board/gambling games which I probably won't go back to do and the training. If I'm done with the mainline games before 6 is out, I'm definitely going back to 0 to finish those things up on a replay then try out Kiwami.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again in Ishin. Between being on my fifth Yakuza game and watching a LP of Kenzan, I thought I would be Yakuza'd out. But I'm still excited to play each new entry. It helps that new mechanics keep getting added to subsequent games.

HittingTheBottle.gif

Yu Narukami

Finished part 2 in Y4. My head hurts a little.
Did they show in Y0 that it was Shibata who took Majima's eye? Can't remember.

Big One

Banned
Great to see more Yakuza 3 love cropping up as more people play the game. It has its faults no doubt, but the more I revisit that game the more I love it. That end game... so darn good. Oh, and I also love the fact that
Lau
is brought back. Loved his fight in Yakuza 1 and love the fight here. Now Sega just have to do the right thing and make sure that remaster of 3 happens eventually, and release it in English so we can get a proper uncut version of the game in English finally.
I don't see why not at this point. I know people are saying, "but they're PS3 games that still hold up!" but with the Dragon Engine the remakes would be legit remakes and not ports. I mean yeah they could get away with porting them to PS4 I suppose, but it'd be jarring to do that after Kiwami 2 utilizes the Dragon engine.

Jimrpg

I don't see why not at this point. I know people are saying, "but they're PS3 games that still hold up!" but with the Dragon Engine the remakes would be legit remakes and not ports. I mean yeah they could get away with porting them to PS4 I suppose, but it'd be jarring to do that after Kiwami 2 utilizes the Dragon engine.

Happy to get the full uncut version of Yakuza 3 Kiwami with even more stuff to do.

They can do Yakuza 4 too, and 5 needs a physical copy, so do them all I say.

Gacha-pin

Kenshiro's butt is too big to play outrun lol I wonder how Kiryu's model will look in Hokuto ga Gotoku world. He is rather small in stature.
I'm going to get a standard edition though :p

01168_07.jpg

I actually completed most of the side content since I spent a ridiculous amount of time on it. Tbh most of it was the cabaret minigame lol. I think the only things that I didn't finish were the board/gambling games which I probably won't go back to do and the training. If I'm done with the mainline games before 6 is out, I'm definitely going back to 0 to finish those things up on a replay then try out Kiwami.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again in Ishin. Between being on my fifth Yakuza game and watching a LP of Kenzan, I thought I would be Yakuza'd out. But I'm still excited to play each new entry. It helps that new mechanics keep getting added to subsequent games.

I didn't mean you missed a lot of the contents in zero. There are lots of fanservice new players probably wouldn't get. I think you will enjoy those if you go back to zero now.

Well it's not like the remakes are stopping them from doing just that, lol.

I don't think so actually. Or rather, it delays the new games.
I don't know how many people they have but even if it's a big team and they can do 2 or more project at the same time, I'd still rather have them making new stuff :)
At least save the remake for the next gen.

Kimaka

Kenshiro's butt is too big to play outrun lol I wonder how Kiryu's model will look in Hokuto ga Gotoku world. He is rather small in stature.
I'm going to get a standard edition though :p

01168_07.jpg

I didn't mean you missed a lot of the contents in zero. There are lots of fanservice new players probably wouldn't get. I think you will enjoy those if you go back to zero now.

Ah, I see. Yeah I missed a lot of callbacks. Playing the earlier games made me realize just how much 0 was referencing them story and character wise. I recall some of the big references such as meeting Daigo and Ryuji as kids, but I likely didn't catch the smaller ones.

The fortunate teller scene where she accurately predicts everything that happens in Kiryus's life and saying it out loud you realized how stupid/insane they all were.

Well it's not like the remakes are stopping them from doing just that, lol.

Though I wonder if Yakuza 7 will really feature that new protagonist or he's a Yakuza Online-exclusive character.

Ichiban is already confirmed as the protagonist for the next console game. He's got a PS4 character model and everything already. Its also been confirmed that we won't be hearing about that game for a while yet, they've got 3 projects to put out first! Expect more news about it around this time next year in time for TGS 2018.

robotrock

Banned
Ichiban is already confirmed as the protagonist for the next console game. He's got a PS4 character model and everything already. Its also been confirmed that we won't be hearing about that game for a while yet, they've got 3 projects to put out first! Expect more news about it around this time next year in time for TGS 2018.

Are you saying there's a a game after Kiwami 2 and Fist of the North Star that isn't Ichiban Yakuza?

Mesharey

Finished Yakuza 5 in 60 hours!
Was amazing, not as good as 4 but pretty good
Glad I finally played this series, amazing characters & story.
The streets were too crowded in Y5 that I keep bumping to people.

With that I finished 0, Kiwami, 3, 4, 5, started 0 in July and finished everything back to back, lol.

I thought I got burned out but nope!
I'll play Dead Souls next! Then wait for 6 and Kiwami 2. XD

I have questions about Y4, I didn't understand something, spoiler, 
Daigo betrayed Majima how? And why is he still the clan leader again after fighting with Kiryu?

I have questions about Y4, I didn't understand something, spoiler, 
Daigo betrayed Majima how? And why is he still the clan leader again after fighting with Kiryu?
I'm not remembering it perfectly, but I believe the gist of it was that
Majima was the only officer in the Tojo Clan of comparable rank to the one that was killed in the Ueno Seiwa Clan. So Daigo had the unfortunate decision to make of either giving up Majima to the Ueno Seiwa as "payback" or giving them his property. If they give the Ueno Seiwa the property, they lose a fuck tonne of money and Majima is probably gonna be pissed and want revenge. Giving up Majima is like the lesser of two evils in a way for Daigo.

Kiryu beat the ever loving snot out of him because he was trying to be so diplomatic and forward thinking for the clan that it's coming at the sacrifice of his loyalty to his men, which Kiryu absolutely does not agree with. Plus Majima is Kiryu's bud so he's also kicking his ass for betraying Kiryu's best buddy.

Mesharey

I'm not remembering it perfectly, but I believe the gist of it was that
Majima was the only officer in the Tojo Clan of comparable rank to the one that was killed in the Ueno Seiwa Clan. So Daigo had the unfortunate decision to make of either giving up Majima to the Ueno Seiwa as "payback" or giving them his property. If they give the Ueno Seiwa the property, they lose a fuck tonne of money and Majima is probably gonna be pissed and want revenge. Giving up Majima is like the lesser of two evils in a way for Daigo.

Kiryu beat the ever loving snot out of him because he was trying to be so diplomatic and forward thinking for the clan that it's coming at the sacrifice of his loyalty to his men, which Kiryu absolutely does not agree with. Plus Majima is Kiryu's bud so he's also kicking his ass for betraying Kiryu's best buddy.
Then they all treated him like nothing happened at the end
. <.<
I didn't like that even though the story is really good overall but it has weak points.

Oh btw started playing Dead Souls, the gameplay is horrible! But doesn't matter I wanna finish the story. XD

Looking back at 3, it may have it's flaw (and that's before the cut content), but there was a lot to like, one of my personal favorite moments was
Majima saving Kiryu using a pink garbage truck.

Finished part 2 in Y4. My head hurts a little.
Did they show in Y0 that it was Shibata who took Majima's eye? Can't remember.

Then they all treated him like nothing happened at the end
. <.<
I didn't like that even though the story is really good overall but it has weak points.

Oh btw started playing Dead Souls, the gameplay is horrible! But doesn't matter I wanna finish the story. XD

Before Yakuza 5
was...announced? released? I thought Majima's mission in Dead Souls with having Daigo cross-dress in Dead Souls was payback.

Jimrpg

I don't think so actually. Or rather, it delays the new games.
I don't know how many people they have but even if it's a big team and they can do 2 or more project at the same time, I'd still rather have them making new stuff :)
At least save the remake for the next gen.

True!

That's probably the best idea - a PS5 1080p/60 and 4k/60 remake of the PS3 games.

Big One

Banned
Finally got a component cable for my PS2 and goddamn the difference is stunning (to clarify, the last time I played my PS2 was on a CRT, lol). Yakuza 2 actually looks really good for a PS2 game. The transition from Kiwami to 2 really wasn't bad at all aside from getting used to the fixed camera.

I'm probably going to skip most of the side content, though. I'll save my time on that for Kiwami 2.

Up to Chapter 3 of Yakuza 6 now, and this story is so good. These glorious Dragon Engine graphics lend an extra air of gravitas to every scene. There's a part early on where Kiryu meets the newest set of Tojo Clan bozos that is just dripping with tension and portent.

Yakuza 6 has my favourite Kiryu model by far. Goddamn he is a beautiful man in this game. And that hair? Forgetaboutit. It looks so thick you'd break a comb in it. He's 48 and he looks better than I do at 27 :p

Yakuza6badasskaz.gif

IrishNinja

i'm finally on chapter 8 of kiwamis, slow going for me cause im doing all these quests i didn't do the first time through...it's weird hearing kazzy get called an old man like 5 games back

also, had to reverse the charge on that ebay seller after not hearing back 3 weeks from paying for my majima figure...the dream is dead, y'all

this should get some real mileage

Gacha-pin

I'm in love with Yakuza 5.

Terrified by the fact that I'll be living in a world with no more Yakuza games to play till the release of 6, I've been taking my time with with this game. Today I finished Kiryu's part hitting the 22 hours mark.

I'm loving everything about this game. The tone is moody and unique with depressed middle age Kiryu, the mystery aspect is engaging in why can't he
see Haruka or the kids ever again
, and the Taxi stuff is fresh and fun.

I also really like the supporting cast here, Morinaga, Aizawa, Watase, and even Kiryu's boss have been very fun characters to interact with.

The final fight of the part has been the wildest, silliest, most ridiculous fight in the series so far, and I absolutely adored it! Great stuff!

I didn't expect Morinaga's heel turn so that was hype, but I wish they didn't use the "corpse with a messed up face" plot tool again. Now I now Aizawa is still alive and probably a major antagonist lol

The game is just so fun and engaging. If it kept the pace I think it will be one of my favorites in the series.

Watase rocks, really hope to see him in future games. Easily my favourite Omi member since Ryuji and Hayashi.

I'm lucky that I'll never be at a point when I don't have a Yakuza game to play though. Part of the perks of going for 100% and importing. I got Kiwami ready to go once I finish off Nioh (or at least finish most of it), then Kiwami 2 in December, Fist of the North Star in Feb and then Yakuza 6 in March. Probably won't replay 6 right away though, save that one for the summer. Plus I still have the second PSP game to play, Kenzan to replay so I actually fight Amon this time, replay 4 again since it's been a while...

MattAces

Somebody please help me on this and tell me if this scene did happen in Yakuza 0 because I couldn't find it but vaguely remembers it.
Kiryu wanted to kill someone but Nishiki stopped him and told him something about waiting him to be there first before he considers killing.

Somebody please help me on this and tell me if this scene did happen in Yakuza 0 because I couldn't find it but vaguely remembers it.
Kiryu wanted to kill someone but Nishiki stopped him and told him something about waiting him to be there first before he considers killing.

I don't know about the second part, but yes he definitely stops Kiryu.

I thought it was more of a don't kill in general speech

I don't know about the second part, but yes he definitely stops Kiryu.

I thought it was more of a don't kill in general speech

Nishiki convinced him that it ain't worth it killing Shibussawa and said that if it comes a time where they have to cross that line they'll do it together.

MattAces

Nishiki convinced him that it ain't worth it killing Shibussawa and said that if it comes a time where they have to cross that line they'll do it together.

YES! THAT WAS IT! Thank you so much. It bugs the hell out of me for trying to remember that scene.

MattAces

Oh my god, playing through Kiwami is such a pain.
I hate myself for getting so invested to these digital characters. My god my entire day is ruined.
Heavy spoiler:
Shinji and REINA. WHY.

I played for almost 4 hours in one sitting because the story was so intense.

Top Bottom