• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, we can finally buy Kaneda's bike.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Kaneda's Motorcycle... Perfect.

The coolest (and easily most futuristic) looking motorcycle to ever to grace the silver screen.

And now, you can buy one to add to your own collection for roughly $26,000 USD;

https://screenrant.com/kaneda-iconic-bike-akira-anime-on-sale-price-steep/

Should we get one for the GAF house?

akira2.jpg

akira4.jpg

jufonuk

not tag worthy
there are no treads on the tires

Originally reported by news sites like Forbes and StartupSelfie, the reproduction is priced at 24,000 Euros, roughly $26,000 in USD. It is built around a metal chassis with fiberglass and carbon fiber. As an electric vehicle, it runs on a 72-volt, 5,000-watt engine that will supposedly give it an acceleration of 100 km/h (62mph) within six seconds, and a top speed of 150 km/h (93 mph). It will also boast LED lighting on the rims, a digital control panel similar to the anime's bike, and a pop-up headlight. It certainly is no pale imitation.

Last edited:

midnightAI

We are at the point now that bikes look way more futuristic than Kanedas bike (I love bikes and I love Akira, but that design hasn't aged well). And for that money you can get a Ninja H2, much faster and can go around bends.

This reminds me of another bad idea...
Neutron, based on Tron Lightcycle

Last edited:

PSYGN

We are at the point now that bikes look way more futuristic than Kanedas bike (I love bikes and I love Akira, but that design hasn't aged well). And for that money you can get a Ninja H2, much faster and can go around bends.

This reminds me of another bad idea...
Neutron, based on Tron Lightcycle

I haven't seen the anime but I think Akira's bike looks cooler and more future-realistic (think Cyberpunk 2077) vs. the future-movie tron look. I pulled these words out of my ass but I think you know what I mean. But to each their own!

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Out of the fucking blue Mr Hops makes a great thread. Bro it's Tuesday. Pace yourself! Kidding aside thanks, kinda needed this 👊🏽🌟

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I haven't seen the anime but I think Akira's bike looks cooler and more future-realistic (think Cyberpunk 2077) vs. the future-movie tron look. I pulled these words out of my ass but I think you know what I mean. But to each their own!

Watch the intro I posted and realize you can't focus on everything that happening. Especially animation wise. So watch it 10 times. Then watch the movie.

Realistic? You're in for a surprise.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Sorry Hops. Don't wanna hijack your OT. It just reminded me of this great in depth but nitpicky lol frame by frame analysis of the motor chase by an animator explaining the expertise, tricks and inconsistencies in those first couple seconds/minute. Just to see how fucking insane this movie is. Hope you're okay with this post <3

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Sorry Hops. Don't wanna hijack your OT. It just reminded me of this great in depth but nitpicky lol frame by frame analysis of the motor chase by an animator explaining the expertise, tricks and inconsistencies in those first couple seconds/minute. Just to see how fucking insane this movie is. Hope you're okay with this post <3

Not a problem at all. I love any Akira discussion.

midnightAI

Well my point was both are stupid really (and yes, for nostalgia Kanedas bike is cool looking), and the designs are horrible as a motorbike and I question the safety of both.

Design is up to the individual though, I look at those dumb Orange County Choppers, or some of those abominations that Gotham Garage make (especially that stupid concept car + bike combo) and wonder why some people think they look cool.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
N00bs. Geef mij 6 min én 6 saucijzen broodjes al van de bakker. Met je hangsnor lol. Kleuters.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I've seen this movie like 12 times, but every time I was either a tweaky ADHD child or stoned out of my mind, so I basically have nothing but bright flashing random images associated with "Akira,"

From memory:
- a psych ward full of butt ugly ballsack skinned elderly babies.

- the dub had Tetsuo voiced by the guy who was Tai in Digimon Adventure 01, simultaneously made it awesome and ruined any level of immersion.

- Killer clown motorcycle gang and the pancake tittied girl.

- some comically buffoonish looking old guy with a briefcase doing his best impersonation of the techno viking down suburban Neo Tokyo or whatever.

- bruh impales his foot and has a transcendent hallucination with big ass stuffed animals and Regis Philchild on his Frieza chair observing things.

10/10 would buy this bike

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I've seen this movie like 12 times, but every time I was either a tweaky ADHD child or stoned out of my mind, so I basically have nothing but bright flashing random images associated with "Akira,"

From memory:

- the dub had Tetsuo voiced by the guy who was Tai in Digimon Adventure 01, simultaneously made it awesome and ruined any level of immersion.

- some comically buffoonish looking old guy with a briefcase doing his best impersonation of the techno viking down suburban Neo Tokyo or whatever.

- bruh impales his foot and has a transcendent hallucination with big ass stuffed animals and Regis Philchild on his Frieza chair observing things.

This post is a 10/10, lol. 😂

stn

This looks awesome, what the fuckkkkkkkkk

give me the one with training wheels, lmao, I only know how to drive a car

Dev1lXYZ

if I could afford one, I would have it. The king of motorcycles from Generation X. Back in the 80’s early 90’s, we thought there would be things like this on the market. Well, here we are.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

From memory:

I'd say drink at least 4 Jack Daniel's (double) and take 2 puffs of weed. Or a mild mushroom hit.

Fwiw. The movie doesn't really make sense that much. It's 6 thick manga's combined into a movie. Just enjoy the animation and soundtrack.

f8XTyRd.jpg

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This post is a 10/10, lol. 😂

Quite correct indeed. It was my first introduction to anime and it was so exotic and epic. Bought the OST and rented the VHS more than 30 times.

Still vague AF

Says something when your impression and it's ticks all the right boxes while still being kinda confused lol.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Quite correct indeed. It was my first introduction to anime and it was so exotic and epic. Bought the OST and rented the VHS more than 30 times.

Still vague AF

Says something when your impression and it's ticks all the right boxes while still being kinda confused lol.
The atmosphere is also amazing in Akira.
Something about 80s anime that just hits different.

Top Bottom