• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoichi Wada: Too cruel to Kojima, Konami trying to make the world as their enemy

Croyles

He did with Uematsu. He went to a fortune teller to get and advice and they told him to move the company which caused Uematsu to leave.

Oh god I forgot about that...

Anyway, didn't like Wada as SE president but what he says here is pretty much what we are all thinking.
"Humanitarian" issues aside for a moment, nothing that Konami is doing atm seems to make any sort of financial sense either.

This is crazy, also you know how fucked up this could actually be for Kojima? Bare with my speculation here but if Konami wanted to put Kojima in an eternal litigious nightmare they could. We're talking about a powerful/rich company that allowed him a degree of fame and expressive freedom, stemmed from their property, so as a contingency plan may have had litigators in the periphery documenting every infraction to company policy not only on Kojima but his colleagues. This could be their ammo to fuel litigation that lasts for years where Konami (if they were clever about it) can manipulate Kojima into capitulating. lol I mean, at some point, this can be seen as extortion.

Of course this speculation could all be bullshit

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
i'm so interested in the story from konami's side.
i want to know wtf kojima did to piss them off so hard xD
If I had to guess, he spent a lot of years and money on the game. The fact that they cut the opening section of the game and released a priced demo kinda shows that Konami was desperate.

Also hey, it's Wada of "Versus is not cancelled guys, I saw the city today it was amazing" fame. I agree with him here though.

After playing FINAL FANTASY VII, the last thing I want to do is trust the President Shinra...

wgSkCII.png

IzzyF3

Hit the nail in the head. Konami really went out of their way to piss off everything that the Kojima name touches.

Top Bottom