• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yomawari: Night Alone Comes to PS Vita October 25

Loudninja

PS: NISA Online Store says that the game is coming to Steam too

http://store.nisamerica.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Yomawari

Hello there, dood! This is Judith from NIS America here to bring everyone some thrilling news! Yomawari: Night Alone will be arriving on PS Vita October 25, 2016! As an added bonus, the retail edition will be bundled with htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary, for the ultimate 2-in-1 spine-chilling experience. Moreover, we have a Limited Edition that comes complete with the original soundtrack and two art books packaged into a gorgeous collector’s box!

Unlike some of our zanier titles, Yomawari: Night Alone allows you to revisit your childhood fears, especially the fear of the dark. For fans of survival horror, mystery and stealth action, this will be the perfect little gem (or would that be two gems?) to add to your collection!
Yomawari: Night Alone features a unique blend of survival horror with stealth action gameplay. Along the way, you will find all sorts of objects from keys to slippers to cat biscuits, some of them vital to solving the mystery of the town and its eerie inhabitants at night, while others useful to distract evil spirits when they attack. As the story unfolds, more answers will lead to more questions, and the open-world environment of Yomawari: Night Alone allows for maximum freedom to wander anywhere at almost any time. But remember that everything has eyes and ears…
As mentioned earlier, along with the launch of Yomawari: Night Alone, familiar faces Mion and her two firefly friends Lumen and Umbra from htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary return for a physical release! Using two fireflies, you must guide Mion out of the labyrinthine ruins and back home, but not without running into vicious monsters, crumbling corridors and dangerous traps! With two mysterious tales coming together to form one fantastically eerie set this October, this is a combo pack that you definitely can’t miss!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/26/yomawari-night-alone-comes-to-ps-vita-october-25/

Tohsaka

In for the retail version, I already have the retail version of htoL#NiQ though so maybe I'll sell the new one or something if they're not on the same cart.

desmax

In for the retail version, I already have the retail version of htoL#NiQ though so maybe I'll sell the new one or something if they're not on the same cart.

They're on the same cart
EDIT: Oh no, they're on the same package.
Sorry

Isotope

Up on Amazon

Hoping I'll be able to just get Yomawari by itself; I got The Firefly Diary LE when it released before (this looks like it has all the special stuff The Firefly Diray LE had minus the physical version of TFD), so I don't need the extra stuff.

store.nisamerica.com/yomawari-night-alone-firefly-diary-ps-vita

Not sure how I feel about them not just having a physical for Yomawari and charging the price of both games in the LE/SE.

store.nisamerica.com/yomawari-night-alone-firefly-diary-ps-vita

Not sure how I feel about them not just having a physical for Yomawari and charging the price of both games in the LE/SE.

Yea I already got HTOL LE sealed and have the game digitally. Would rather just have Yomawari than get firefly extras + yomawari.

Zukkoyaki

Excited to play this on Steam! I love NIS as a company and am excited to check out a game they developed internal that isn't Disgaea.

That's a pretty neat deal for anyone who didn't get the original release of Firefly Diary. Great package for a Halloween release too.

Pre-ordered the LE for Vita, been looking forward to playing Yomawari.

dracula_x

nice

81ANll0fDBL._SL1500_.jpg

BTA

Urgh, now I'm conflicted. I definitely want to go physical, but I've heard such mediocre things about htoL that I'm not exactly happy about paying $20 for it. Similarly, it's bizarre that htoL seems to be focus of the soundtrack CD in the LE. Its artbook is 3 times the size of Yomawari's too (though I understand this is likely out of their control). I just wish I could get Yomawari by itself.

It's bizarre to see them framing this as a nice bonus when they're still charging the full price.

AniHawk

Urgh, now I'm conflicted. I definitely want to go physical, but I've heard such mediocre things about htoL that I'm not exactly happy about paying $20 for it. Similarly, it's bizarre that htoL seems to be focus of the soundtrack CD in the LE. Its artbook is 3 times the size of Yomawari's too (though I understand this is likely out of their control). I just wish I could get Yomawari by itself.

yomawari doesn't have much music in it, and there wasn't a big art book in japan either. a yomawari limited edition would have been very sparse by itself, and a $20 vita game isn't something you make money on. i think that's why the retail version gives focus to firefly diary (where it was never available before), and the nisa store version gives more focus to yomawari to try and balance things out.

This is one of my most anticipated games. It's amazing how a game so small could have me so transfixed. I've been hoping for this since the Japanese announcement.

BTA

Actually, wait. Doesn't Firefly Diary have a followup coming out? I guess that's a while away, but I'm a little surprised they didn't wait to do this for that game instead.

Ventara

Would've preferred a cheaper LE that didn't include Firefly Diary. It's cool for people who don't have the Firefly Diary LE, but for those who do, it's just an extra cost that doesn't provide anything.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cool, the double pack is interesting, but 48 pages in total for two artbooks is really undewelming...

Ventara

Anyone know how many tracks the OST has, and how many of them belong to Yomawari?

I'm thinking of passing since I already have Firefly Diary, and the artbook for Yomawari is really underwhelming (and I don't really need that tumbler thing). Plus, the price is kinda steep thanks to the addition of Firefly Diary. Was hoping it would be similarly priced to Firefly Diary.

Wereroku

Hmmm $10+ and the hassle of using the NISA store for a color changing tumbler.....nope going with Amazon on this one for the prime shipping and discount.

AniHawk

Anyone know how many tracks the OST has, and how many of them belong to Yomawari?

I'm thinking of passing since I already have Firefly Diary, and the artbook for Yomawari is really underwhelming (and I don't really need that tumbler thing). Plus, the price is kinda steep thanks to the addition of Firefly Diary. Was hoping it would be similarly priced to Firefly Diary.

firefly diary had 17 tracks. according to amazon this ost has 18 tracks.

So if its two in one this means its big enough for a amazon release, right?

RIGHT!?

NISA only charges when shipped. This ain't good for my current time. Tho I guess I can just pay a Neogaffer PSN credit to ship it to me if it comes to that.

That being said, great news! I almost paid $40 on amazon for Firefly Diaries a few times this past year. I can't believe actually waiting on a game and watching it go out of stock worked in my favor for once!

I wonder if they come in seperate boxes. I guess it wouldn't. Hopefully the boxart doesn't suffer.

Edit: OMFG AMAZON! I SE THAT POST HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!

Ventara

firefly diary had 17 tracks. according to amazon this ost has 18 tracks.

No freaking way. Yomawari can't just have a single track, can it?

In any case, the OST for Yomawari doesn't seem worth grabbing the LE. This is such an obvious money grab by NISA. I can understand the PC LE, but for the Vita, the target audience who'll want to buy this are the ones who already bought Firefly Diary. And the way they say that Firefly Diary is an "added bonus." As if Yomawari would've been $40 with a $60 LE, lol. Not gonna support that crap. Will just pick up Yomawari digitally on sale down the road.

Edit:
Yomawari basically just has a main theme and then what is essentially nighttime ambience. The theme is very likely the only track worth mentioning they could have used.

lol, wow. I guess it can.

In any case, the OST for Yomawari doesn't seem worth grabbing the LE. This is such an obvious money grab by NISA. I can understand the PC LE, but for the Vita, the target audience who'll want to buy this are the ones who already bought Firefly Diary. And the way they say that Firefly Diary is an "added bonus." As if Yomawari would've been $40 with a $60 LE, lol. Not gonna support that crap. Will just pick up Yomawari digitally on sale down the road.

Yomawari basically just has a main theme and then what is essentially nighttime ambience. The theme is very likely the only track worth mentioning they could have used.

AniHawk

basically here we are now looking at the compromises of selling a ps vita physical release at retail. what happened 18 months ago is not something that can easily happen in 2016.

Ventara

basically here we are now looking at the compromises of selling a ps vita physical release at retail. what happened 18 months ago is not something that can easily happen in 2016.

I haven't really been keeping up with things, but what's changed? Is it more costly now to make physical Vita copies? I feel the Vita LE audience is still there, same as before.

I'd say it has more to do with just how dire straights NIS is in, that these kind of games with their tiny OSTs are the only things they can really do anymore. There's a reason why Nisa is pushing PC so hard now (other than being shown up by Idea Factory), it's that PC is the only thing that will really keep the parent company afloat.

AniHawk

I haven't really been keeping up with things, but what's changed? Is it more costly now to make physical Vita copies? I feel the Vita LE audience is still there, same as before.

the vita audience has been shrinking slowly but surely over the last year. that's why exclusives are a rarity and why physical editions are more or less a bonus.

it's always been hard to support the system, but certain companies could find a niche there, or continue it from their psp days.

I'd say it has more to do with just how dire straights NIS is in, that these kind of games with their tiny OSTs are the only things they can really do anymore. There's a reason why Nisa is pushing PC so hard now (other than being shown up by Idea Factory), it's that PC is the only thing that will really keep the parent company afloat.

nis in japan has this internal thing where they tasked their employees to create a bunch of little games in order to find a new breakout hit and train their people in coming up with likeable concepts. yomawari wound up selling 48k in japan, so it was able to find about as big an audience as disgaea 5.

pc is an inevitability. it's the future of games, along the idea that 'platform' means a first-party's collection of form factors versus a single piece of dedicated hardware.

hopefully this time this comes to Europe too

it will.

Ventara

the vita audience has been shrinking slowly but surely over the last year. that's why exclusives are a rarity and why physical editions are more or less a bonus.

it's always been hard to support the system, but certain companies could find a niche there, or continue it from their psp days.

nis in japan has this internal thing where they tasked their employees to create a bunch of little games in order to find a new breakout hit and train their people in coming up with likeable concepts. yomawari wound up selling 48k in japan, so it was able to find about as big an audience as disgaea 5.

pc is an inevitability. it's the future of games, along the idea that 'platform' means a first-party's collection of form factors versus a single piece of dedicated hardware.

it will.

The Vita audience has been shrinking, but I feel the audience who'd buy exclusive LE physical copies are still there, strong as ever. Can't help but feel this was a bad move. Then again, with NISA LEs, I guess they would be able to sell them whether it was $30 or $60.

And it's pretty wild that Yomawari sold about as much as Disgaea 5 in Japan. That's crazy good for Yomawari, though it's kinda surprising that D5 is that low. I mean, maybe it's normal (I don't follow Disgaea numbers), but the series always seemed more poplar than that to me.

And it's pretty wild that Yomawari sold about as much as Disgaea 5 in Japan. That's crazy good for Yomawari, though it's kinda surprising that D5 is that low. I mean, maybe it's normal (I don't follow Disgaea numbers), but the series always seemed more poplar than that to me.

The main reason was pretty much that it was PS4 exclusive, several months before PS4 had shown any real growth in Japan. By the time people started really buying the system there, people had forgotten about the game.

Then again, they made the game so that it was basically impossible to port it to Vita. Disgaea 4 was already pushing what a physical Vita card could handle in size. No way was 5 getting a physical if it had been on the system, which physical does significantly better than digital in Japan, so much so that it's a death sentence for niche games to go without physical.

I know quite a few people are understandably disappointed with the bundle needlessly bumping the price for the physical edition, but I'm probably the single person that feels relieved by it. I just recently bought a Vita and "Firefly Diary" was the sole niche title that has been slightly elusive to obtain as a limited edition for a reasonable price. I've been fidgeting for a week over whether I should take a leap with one of the scaple offers on Amazon yet NIS America comes out of nowhere with two for the price of one and extras from the previous LE to boot! Like I said, I'm part of an oddball situation for this offering. Hopefully a standalone compilation will be made available alongside the special set so that everyone walks away on the happy side.

Nzyme32

Just saw the trailer on Steam and the info. This is the first game of theirs that really has interested me, so it looks like the first I will be getting

Also love the piano composition in the trailer

Shizuka

Well, that doesn't make it any better. It's a kind of practice completely forbidden in my country, just to show that it isn't something easily acceptable by companies shoving a product down the customer's throat when they just want something else.

Top Bottom