• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yorkshire Tea is selling £150 PS5 and Xbox Series X/S controllers | The controllers will come with a certificate of authentication

yorkshire-tea-controllers-1024x576.jpg

Yorkshire Tea is selling custom PS5 and Xbox Series X/S controllers.

The controllers, which have been designed by POPeArt, cost £150 each and come in a special box with a certificate of authentication.

The design on the controllers emulates a box of Yorkshire Tea.
“Picture the scene,” a description for the controller reads. “You’re facing down a boss with three heads and a hammer as big as a truck, armed with nothing but a rusty sword you looted from a guard.

“Gulping, you look down at the controller in your hands, wondering if victory is even possible. And you see it – the reassuring branding of your favourite tea. ‘Yes,’ you say to yourself. ‘I can do this’.

“You begin the fight and are immediately one-shotted. You’re clearly way too low level for this area. On behalf of Yorkshire Tea, we would like to apologise for this and any other in-game mishaps caused by the powerful feeling of self-belief our controller will fill you with.”
Each controller features a custom button set and a “soft-touch finish”.

A standard DualSense controller has a retail price of £59.99, but can often be found significantly cheaper. A standard Xbox controller has a retail price of £54.99, and can also be found cheaper.

It’s unclear how many of the controllers have been produced, however Yorkshire Tea claims the items are limited edition.

I'm not a Yorkshire Tea fan myself - I think M&S Gold is way better. However I would consider buying one of these for the sake of novelty. It'll look really cool next to my plate of bangers and mash.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Little known fact that all us Yorkshire folk got a letter sent from our local councils today saying, by law we have to buy at least one of these.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's good for a collector's item.
That certificate of authentication seals the deal for me.

But they should have at least included a coupon. 😢

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As a Yorkshire Gold drinker there standard peasant tea design offends my eyes.

OV5sa46.jpg

The regular red tea is swill, the gold is night and day difference. Considering the price they should have least gone with the premium brand of leaf thats actually drinkable for the aesthetics.

BbMajor7th

OV5sa46.jpg

The regular red tea is swill, the gold is night and day difference. Considering the price they should have least gone with the premium brand of leaf thats actually drinkable for the aesthetics.
I'm partial to Gold myself, but as I was raised in a Quickbrew household, my standards are much more flexible.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

OV5sa46.jpg

I honestly can not tell the difference between these and normal 👀

Top Bottom