• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoru no Nai Kuni first screenshots, limited editions announced

I have not played Omega Quintet, but being better than NI no Kuni sounds easy.

The biggest complaint I hear is the ending requirements.

I found Ni No Kuni to be a snorefest, so yeah. Omega Quintet is a solid game. The true ending is easy enough to get as long as you do all the quests.

Well, if they could say "dang I thought this was related to Ni no Kuni," clearly they actually read the OP.

cmWg8PA.gif

This Ni No Shit is stupid.

How so?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Today GAF learns that even Japanese games use the same words in their title sometimes.

God help you if this was the SNES era. You'd have thought all those games with the 'Super' prefix were part of the Super Mario Bros series!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This game has a lot going for it in terms of potential.

PS4, so the perfrormance issues in the PS3 and Vita versions should not edist.

Art style is beautiful

Action RPG

Brand new story world and characters so no shitty trying to look up on what happened previously

Hopefully it comes out this year in the US

I feel like Escha and Logy really opened me up to these types of games.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is asking whether this game plays like Ni no Kuni okay though?

That actually brings discussion to the table. As does actually discussing Ni No Kuni. (in moderation, without completely smothering or derailing the thread. It's on topic as they're both JRPGs)

One liner drive-by posts about "lol I thought this game was Ni No Kuni" doesn't bring discussion to the table.

Yasumi

Banned
Is asking whether this game plays like Ni no Kuni okay though?
Considering It doesn't have a trailer yet, we've got like three screenshots, and the only conceivable thing these games share is the word "Kuni", it's like asking if Super Wagyan Land plays like Super Mario Land based on the name. It's illogical.

kiryogi

Banned
We already know it's an action RPG with influences from Atelier and Surge, and on the outlook the battle system does seem to use a similar layout to the Surge on top of it. We're already far ahead of Ni no Kuni, it's kind of ridiculous how folks are stretching to even compare to it. When it's a completely different studio, mindset and style.

I suppose I'll get my wish on the 18th, since that's apparently when the official site will be launched.

I suppose we can get expect an English localization at some point? IIRC they have a good track record with bringing their games over here.

Top Bottom