• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi gets its rip-off platform on Google Play

KDR_11k

While the game looks horrible, I'd like to have the Yoshi model (which as far as I can see it is custom made, I can't come up with a game where Yoshi looks exactly like that) to make my own rip-off game with it (for me and friends, not to sell it, of course). Retro isn't making a Banjo-styled 3D platformer with Yoshi, so I need to do it myself ;).

I doubt they made it themselves though, perhaps it was a custom player model for some other game (since I doubt that it was part of any sold package of prefab models). Hobbyists are probably the easiest source of unlicensed recreations of characters.

Looks like they did.

After I linked it a bunch of GAFfers started ripping on it.

Seems they couldn't take the criticism.

I remember seeing the "birth date" of the game: December 3rd of last year.

Yeah, blatant rip-off with 0 effort put into it. It needs to be taken down hard.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Inspired. They must have been on a caffeine high from too much Mountain Lighting when they brainstormed this masterpiece.

Odrion

Banned
If you guys want to see the opposite of this (Gameplay ripped from Yoshi's Island with original graphics), go play Terra Noctis.

MZsyCFv.png

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
does the violet thing throw eggs? Also: Where's Baby Mario ^^?

Top Bottom