• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida and Adam Boyes send out congratulations to the Xbox team

Amir0x

Banned
=/ Why is the iPad missing out on the fun

i dont play with no apple touch shit bro sorry. ;)

pretend it is killed off in the distance next to Kinect and other devices which sacrifice control and gameplay oriented design for being stylish and multifunctional yet generally all around fail as a dedicated device for gaming

i guess controller support is a thing now but i'll see how it grows

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
=/ Why is the iPad missing out on the fun
olV3jKX.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Contrary to popular forum belief, its not like we all hate each other...

everyone jumps companies too much and senior execs make too much money to care about the weeds anyway

People gotta people

MogCakes

booooooooooo

Quit the fake pr act and get back to shitting on one another.

I don't think it's fake so much as it's professional. They may work for different companies, but there's always the possibility they could be coworkers eventually. Forming business connections through professionalism and good will is how you progress through corporate, no matter the company.

Shouldn't they be congratulating there equivalents at MS rather than Major Nelson? I mean if Kaz were to congratulate Apple on something he would say it to Tim cook not the night sweeper at the apple offices right?

I remember hearing that in Japan, Sony and Nintendo send each other a console at launch as a gesture of good faith. I wonder if they still do it and how long back the tradition goes.

Haunted

Someone needs to make new versions of these comics but with the next-gen systems:

Comic_old_consoles.png
It's nice that they remember the DC when it was still alive and happy, and not the DC lying dead in a dirty back alley with EA's knife buried in its back and the PS2 running away from the crime scene.

Shengar

I don't think it's fake so much as it's professional. They may work for different companies, but there's always the possibility they could be coworkers eventually. Forming business connections through professionalism and good will is how you progress through corporate, no matter the company.

Today's enemy is your tomorrow's friend actually rings true. If high executive don't do corporate fanaticism, then why should the fans?

EGM1966

I'm almost getting the feeling that - at least short term - both Sony and MS are thinking they shouldn't be focusing on each other but instead trying to take advantage of current weak Wii U position and carve up the marketshare Nintendo won with Wii last gen between themselves.

Or they're just being a lot more polite these days - which is good of course.

Ricky_R

@yosp: Congratulations @XboxP3 @MrPhilHarrison @majornelson @albertpenello on the global launch of Xbox One! :D @amboyes

@amboyes: Hey @majornelson @MrPhilHarrison @albertpenello @XboxP3 - Congrats on YOUR launch, guys! See you at E3!!!

@amboyes: @majornelson @MrPhilHarrison @albertpenello @XboxP3 can't forget @iocat @thevowel @mattbooty and many more!

So far I see Phil Spencer responded
@XboxP3: @yosp @MrPhilHarrison @majornelson @albertpenello @amboyes Thank you for the good wishes!

@XboxP3: @amboyes @majornelson @MrPhilHarrison @albertpenello Thanks! See you at E3!

WTF is this shit??

Where are the tweet screens?

Sega and Nintendo used to have fun with this type of stuff back in the day. Was fantastic. People are just too uptight these days. Let MS and Sony go at it, in the end everyone wins.

unless you bought an X1 ;)

Mael

I'm almost getting the feeling that - at least short term - both Sony and MS are thinking they shouldn't be focusing on each other but instead trying to take advantage of current weak Wii U position and carve up the marketshare Nintendo won with Wii last gen between themselves.

Or they're just being a lot more polite these days - which is good of course.

Good luck with that.

Acorn

I wonder if these sort of things would have happened in previous generations if they had social media.
Sure it would. Competing companies swap employees around all the time and at the exec level they will be at all the same conferences every year.

You can be competitive and courteous at the same time, they are just normal people doing jobs.

cRIPticon

Well. This sounds fake on both sides, but w/e. Makes them look like adults at least, but you know neither company would mind much if the other failed.

Not at all. The size of this industry is very small and everyone at the exec level knows each other. You can compete against each other while still being civil and friends "off the field".

Top Bottom