• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Kitase Talks Final Fantasy X-3

Exentryk

Square Enix held a special Dissidia Final Fantasy NT community broadcast where fans got to check out the “Later Years of Tidus & Yuna” illustration by Tetsuya Nomura and some Final Fantasy X-3 talk with the devs.

During the program, voice actress Marika Kouno, who is a big fan of Final Fantasy X, asked if there’s been any consideration other than X-2 for a spinoff, sequel, or even a DLC of some sort relating to Final Fantasy X.

Yoshinori Kitase: “Currently, Final Fantasy X’s latest story is recorded in the voice drama for the HD Remaster, but back when we decided to include the voice drama the staff was really excited about the thoughts of ‘Don’t you want to make Final Fantasy X-3?’ However, most of them have been busy and so we haven’t been able to make it happen.”

[...]

Yoshinori Kitase: “For now, I hope fans can look at this illustration and just wonder ‘I wonder what would happen in Final Fantasy X-3?’”

Via Siliconera

g31LfB8.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's pretty cool, I personally wouldn't mind having X-3 but I definitely feel like the franchise needs to move forward right now after all the remasters and re-releases that are coming out.

I really hope we get a new one at least announced before a sequel but that art is kinda cool. As long as I get to play Blitzball i'm down though

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i enjoyed X. the main character was actually pretty ignore-able while the other characters were pretty interesting, Yuna & Lulu foremost among them. the battle system was a lot of fun, swapping people in and out. the mini game suuuuucked. but i'd still rate it up there in the top 5 FFs.

but i did not enjoy X-2. it felt too pointless, like a menu of extra content, leftover environments and enemies. tbh i did not play through more than a half dozen hours of the game. i really should give it another shot someday as i liked X so much.

lol Square always juggling a million games at once why not throw this on the pile haha

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Just throw out everything related to that novella and the audio drama and I’d be down. Loved X, and X-2 is better than it gets credit for. But man. That novella. The memes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I really liked X at the time, but we're talking the first week of release on PS2. I enjoyed enough to finish it. It would be cool for them to go back. X-2 didn't catch my interest. I figured X's ending was all I needed to go off of. My wife on the other hand loved it, has a Yuna statue, and a tiny Yuna in her ultimate form.

At the time X was awesome. A beautiful looking game on PS2. Plus it was the very first PS2 Final Fantasy. You either loved it or moved on.

I'm sure we all want to see Tidus, Yuna, Jecht, Auron, Lulu, Kimahri, Wakka and Rikku again. Boss fight against the multiple forms of Seymour is also unforgettable.

wipeout364

I'm sure we all want to see Tidus, Yuna, Jecht, Auron, Lulu, Kimahri, Wakka and Rikku again. Boss fight against the multiple forms of Seymour is also unforgettable.
I think I would argue they were a preferable group to XIII. NOt saying they were great but there have been worse.

sublimit

Banned
FFX is one of my top 3 FF games and before X-2 was announced i often dreamed of a potential sequel and the possibilities in terms of story and characters.I loved Spira's universe and i always wanted to revisit it. However FFX-2 was a big disappointment and i hated it the first time i played it. Overtime i started to appreciate it for what it was but it still was nowhere near as iconic as X.

I really don't know how i'd feel for a potential FFX-3. I'd love the battle system to be more like X rather than X-2 and i think that in order to have a story as solid and as good as X's it needs to be relatively linear.But i don't know if a linear,turned-based JRPG with FF's production values and budget can still be profitable in today's market...

Top Bottom