• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can pay for Bloodborne with your own blood in Denmark

andreevbg

Banned
I couldnt believe it when my classmate told me about it. But I understand you I myself hate needles but #preparetodie right :D

E92 M3

58fd43082945042587f7880ed847338a.jpg

LOL - you guys on the same plane? Same post, same time.

Karanlos

Maybe look at it from a diferent angle - You will make a nice trip, help someone who might die without your blood and get fantastic game in return - how does it sound ?

The trip takes 8 hours to and back, and if you aren't registered you can't donate right away. After signing up you have to wait 60 days before you can get donate.

I've signed up, just sucks that it's not somewhere closer.

Bazza

That's actually really awesome, blood is one of the things I would like to give but I don't think I would be eligible for being a regular smoker and dabbler in other mind altering things (never the big bad 3 Heroin, Crack and Meth though).

Mogwai

That's actually really awesome, blood is one of the things I would like to give but I don't think I would be eligible for being a regular smoker and dabbler in other mind altering things (never the big bad 3 Heroin, Crack and Meth though).
What are the other things you'd like to give? If it's money, I'll send you my account details in a pm.

Kosma

Banned
Oh wait

In Denmark all blood donors must be able to read and speak Danish. These regulations are meant to secure that blood donors understand all questions and are able to answer them correctly and to prevent misunderstandings between the blood collecting staff and the donor.

Fml

Toxi

Banned
Glad to see them giving people an incentive to donate blood.

Don't they still exclude gay men from donating blood?
Yes.

If anyone is wondering why, a lot of it is fear over AIDS. During the 1980s, 90% of people with severe hemophillia became infected by HIV due to tainted blood transfusions, killing thousands. Since homosexual men are one of the most at-risk groups for HIV in the US, they were barred from donating. There is more push now to allow gay men to donate blood, but there's still a lot of caution because the medical community doesn't want to be responsible for another AIDS disaster.

Converse

Banned
I applaud this. A classy PR move that helps people while it helps the game. I hope Danish GAF takes advantage of this.

Bazza

What are the other things you'd like to give? If it's money, I'll send you my account details in a pm.

I donate money to a few charity's already but blood is, you could say a renewable resource that people can give on a regular basis that costs nothing is so valuable but is always in short supply.

This thread actually prompted me to take a look at the main UK blood donation sight and it doesn't specifically mention smoking etc. worth further enquires.

Dinjooh

Oh wait

In Denmark all blood donors must be able to read and speak Danish. These regulations are meant to secure that blood donors understand all questions and are able to answer them correctly and to prevent misunderstandings between the blood collecting staff and the donor.

Fml

I can easily teach you basic danish before monday. I will however require payment in form of a game. Named bloodborne.

Lime

It's right where I work, so I might drop by after lunch, although I already donated blood last Tuesday. It'll save me 500 kr, so here's hoping!

The line is probably super crazy though.

Top Bottom