• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can't play your $70 COD game on console without an Activision account

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
That...is the point? If you are from one of the countries that are n/a for PSN you will get banned, which means players who played the game from like 20 or more countries, now are unable to because they may get banned. Correction, they WILL get banned. Cmon, people, read the news, read the steam threads. This isnt about just making a PSN account. It's about people from a lot countries that have played and bought the game, no longer being able to.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

bitbydeath

Gold Member
You'll get permabanned by Sony for using an account from a different region than yours. They could prolly use VPN but this is an online game, they can easily fuck you. There is no genuine solution and people got screwed. This aint the same as the Activision one.
Shuhei Yoshida has three accounts, Japan, US and UK.

In these cases, there may have been exceptions but using a VPN is against Sony's TOS afaik.
You don't need a VPN. I own a Hong Kong, Chinese, Japanese, and UK account on PSN that I've used to download stuff from different regions. I haven't run into any issues and I don't use a VPN with those accounts and I've owned these accounts since like 2009.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
IF this is the worst gaming has to offer then we can all sleep easy. Seriously who gives a shit?

Sinfulgore

No one complained because having an Activision account is a good thing. It makes all your call of duty Multiplayer progress tied to a non-platform-specific account so you can access your guns/loadouts/operators no matter what platform you want to play on. I'm not familiar with what Hell Divers 2 offers but being able to have my friends come over and they can play Call of Duty under my PSN or Xbox account yet still have access to all their content is great.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Maybe pc players believe the Master race meme too much.
I'm not in the master race team, but I've zero problems with PSN account on PC. It's good that they're merging PC and PS accounts that way, the next step is Save files campatiblity and download via cloud so that we could continue playing games on PC with all of the progress imported from the PS5.

Loxus

You'll get permabanned by Sony for using an account from a different region than yours. They could prolly use VPN but this is an online game, they can easily fuck you. There is no genuine solution and people got screwed. This aint the same as the Activision one.
On my end this has to be faults.
Unless this has changed since then, I created my PSN account in 2011.

Caribbean wasn't supported, so I created a USA account without a VPN. Since then I had PS Plus and brought a couple of games and I did all that without using a VPN.

Only problem I had was the State I registered in applied taxes. After awhile I figured out that not all State applied tax, so I just changed it.

All these years and still not banned.

Ridaxan

I may be incorrectly remembering here, but I recall being forced to link my Ubisoft account when I fired up AC Valhalla the first time on the PS5. It didn't give me the option to continue without it. I'll have to go check.

Cyberpunkd

Maybe pc players believe the Master race meme too much.

Just sign up once and be done with it.
I would say the opposite - because PC players whine the ecosystem is not nearly as corporate as on the consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom