• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You'll Need These, PlayStation VR Game Cover Art

TalonJH

The fact that it explicitly says "game" tells we that there will be different categories.

I guess rigs doesnt require move controllers. Guess that makes sense based on movement.
I've played it twice. It's a controller game.

Never heard of Rigs till now. Looks interesting, although shooting at one another without some kind cockpit protecting the pilot seems like not such a good idea haha.

In the game, I believe you have a force field around the cockpit.

Sami+

Yeah who cares that a whole team of people have been working hard on those games for years. Fuck them right?

Sonic the Hedgehog and later Sonic the Hedgehog 2 were "real" games as opposed to minigame collections and still got bundled with the Genesis, which ended up being a huuuuuuge boon for SEGA and the franchise as a whole.

Very very different time but I don't see how a bundle is a "fuck you" to the developers at all. You lost me.

The VR Worlds one would be okay if they just scrub that atrocious, cheap-looking dudebro render from the cover. I'm sure their marketing department told them that their target audience responds positively to reminders that they are, in fact, dudes and bros, and will be able to dudebro it hell of up in the game, but I also think they may be misreading the early VR audience with that assumption.

Edit: Guess they do say psvr required in EU/UK? (I hate that UK isn't part of EU anymore so i have to add them in?)

Uh, the UK is very much part of EU still. Even assuming it would indeed exit the EU as per the referendum's results, that's still quite a ways off, probably months at the very least.

Sonic the Hedgehog and later Sonic the Hedgehog 2 were "real" games as opposed to minigame collections and still got bundled with the Genesis, which ended up being a huuuuuuge boon for SEGA and the franchise as a whole.

Very very different time but I don't see how a bundle is a "fuck you" to the developers at all. You lost me.

Calling a game shit and demanding it be given away for free isn't a fuck you?

I need RIGS. That's what I need.

Is the guy on the cover art just doing a cool hand gesture while his mech fires wildly into crowds of spectators?

Shin-Ra

The PlayStation VR Worlds box would be quite attractive without the bald gangster and You'll Need These bug at the bottom.

The PlayStation VR banner at the top's very tasteful compared to the Move/Kinect branding last gen. Japan's PS Move branding was quite well done actually.

samar11

I think they need to make "You will need these" as the front cover for the US version, seeing as how easy it is to get sued over there.

I'm REALLY surprised that RIGs is only $49.99. It's the most AAA VR game I've seen. Not to mention it's a VR online MP game, which is quite rare since I can't think of any other ones.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
These 3 games (covers) look awful, PS1 games late 90's $10 bin awful.

It's okay. You can't see the covers with the PSVR on.

I bet there's still going to be loads of morons buying these without a PSVR.

Looking at these box arts, a Marble Madness VR would be really fun.

You can get that on PC. It's pretty good if you've got decent VR legs.

I'm REALLY surprised that RIGs is only $49.99. It's the most AAA VR game I've seen. Not to mention it's a VR online MP game, which is quite rare since I can't think of any other ones.

It has a singleplayer mode campaign too like any other sports game.

Battlezone, EVE Valkyrie and PSVR Worlds also have multiplayer.

TalonJH

Saw people playing VR worlds without move controllers, so I guess the EU boxart is wrong?
VR world s is made up of some of the demos that they've had at every show. Some of them require Move, some don't. They need it on there so some people don't buy it and get mad when they can only play some of the games.

That Until Dawn art is disappointingly awful. The first game had good art, but this one looks like the equivalent of a bargain bin, direct-to-DVD horror movie.

I've played it and enjoyed it, but wonder how long it will end up being.

I don't think we've seen the cover template yet.

$39.99
D7VSuVE.jpg
This isn't a pack in?

Who would pay $40 for these one off demo games?

Haunted

"You'll need these"

Sounds goofy, but my brief stint in marketing/merchandising has taught me to make the language as simple and easy to understand as possible. Always imagine you're talking to 12-year olds, they say.

So I'm for it.

This isn't a pack in?

It has replayability and 2 modes out of the 5 have multiplayer.

The only demo game in there is Ocean Descent, it's for beginners to VR and even in that you have a flare gun to shoot stuff.

VR Luge and Dangerball can be played 2-4 network players if I remember correctly.

kyser73

That Until Dawn art is disappointingly awful. The first game had good art, but this one looks like the equivalent of a bargain bin, direct-to-DVD horror movie.

I've played it and enjoyed it, but wonder how long it will end up being.

It's a different game - this is a Time Crisis-style on-rails shooter type thing with the UD name attached to it.

This isn't a pack in?

Me, because at least two of those games will be very replayable.

It's a different game - this is a Time Crisis-style on-rails shooter type thing with the UD name attached to it.

Yeah, completely different for sure. I want to play the whole thing, but it's tough to justify spending a lot of money on that kind of game in this day and age.

I did like what I demoed, but not in an "I love this" kind of way.

Hasney

The prices seem to be filtering into UK sites now...

Both Amazon and Game are charging £5 more for the VR Worlds digital version rather than the disc. Fucking dumb as always.

Top Bottom