• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite backdrops in areas/stages

So this is somewhat inspired by a thread from a while back about 16-bit cityscapes, but I want to expand on the concept a bit by discussing all kinds of background scenery in games that you can't actually explore but provide a nice view or really help to set the tone and atmospheres of certain areas.

To kick things off, having just finished Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time, the game provides some breathtaking views of the two giants that the entire game takes place upon. It really makes you feel so tiny and insignificant being on two enormous titans locked in perpetual battle.

xenoblade-02.jpg

For a less mentioned one, Metroid Prime 2's Sanctuary Fortress has an awesome-looking huge urban cityscape that the fortress is hovering above. Really helps to give the area a high-tech futuristic feel that makes the area so memorable and beloved.

There's countless more I could add here, but I'd like to let everyone else share their favorites. So share away!

Top Bottom