• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most unpopular opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnepo

MCU is trash in general.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is a terrible movie.
Spider-Man Homecoming is the worst Spider-Man movie.
Elon Musk doesn't care.
Social media is the death of us all.
Apple as a company and its products are pretentious.

Banzai

Waifu stuff is the worst kind of crap that ever came out of anime, and I LIKE some animes.

I have strong feelings about religion, too, but you can't voice those kinds of opinions without getting thousands of euphoria and fedora jokes thrown your way.

edit: Which reminds me, most "memes" are fucking dumb and the joke behind them is run into the grund within two images.

Game related ones:

The Witcher fails at being an rpg.

As do 99% of what people call an rpg.

I think Nintendo ips are mostly shallow and trite as are many of their most die hard fans.

Valve is a trash company with its off hands approach to its community, breeding toxicity.

Buying new releases is asinine and marks financial irresponsibility.

Some Nobody

All these superhero shows are basically just dude friendly soap operas.

If you mean the CW stuff, well...yeah. No matter how you approach it, they write those to grab men and women. It's fine.

Comic books and superheroes are dumb. Every single one of them.
They're all the same.

No matter how many times I see this opinion, it triggers me.

Unpopular opinions:

1.) Black people have no reason to be patriotic towards America (or arguably, most countries) and should chill out on the super patriotism shit until they're given one.

2.) Without being very strictly regulated, capitalism is a danger to society.

3.) Conservative theory is trash, and slowing our progression down.

Those are just the major ones that come to mind.

This reads like he is someone that got famous through his YouTube channel instead of you know being a billionaire with his own companies.

Yeah Paypal’s bloody amazing... /s

Trudeau is almost as bad and destructive as Trump, and Canadians shouldn’t be gloating about him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The US Super Nintendo is not worse looking than the European/Japanese one.

Those who think they'd rather enjoy tasty meals than the perks that come with being athletic or jacked are largely delusional.

As someone that used to be a gym rat till my mid 20s, and is now the proud owner of a beer belly, I disagree. Im happier now than I was when I was thin and trim, and the benefits of a body like that mean nothing to me now. Id say fight me, but fuck thay it takes work and theres donuts to be had.

daveo42

Banned
My family is Christian.
I have alot of Libertarian friends.
I'd say most of my political opinions with these two groups are highly unpopular and that I'm not looking forward to visiting family during the holidays this year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
See, I have the complete opposite opinion.

People should be required to vote... and anyone who chooses not to do so should be exiled.

Is this actually a deeply held belief, or just pragmatic politics? Would you hold this opinion if the cohort of incredibly low awareness/motivation/information voters that we're talking about broke 90-10 for the political party with which you disagree?

Savitar

Unless for medical reasons most drug use should be illegal.

People with guns should be registered and documented. Every gun properly tagged to trace them back should it be necessarily and lots of guns that are for anything but hunting banned as they only exist to kill.

Republicans and their supporters are one of the biggest modern dangers in the united states, potentially the world and only a step away from being another taliban with a regressive oppressive society that will gladly sacrifice people and the world for the almighty dollar.

There should be law where only true things should be said in the news. Remember how Fox went to court to say that they weren't required to speak the truth? Look at what happened. Correct that.

Rapist should have their balls cut off, possibly stoned to death. It's no less than they deserve. Murderers put down like rabid dogs.

Businesses are not your friend, they want your money. They should be regulated and watched over, no person should go without medication if it can save their life or better it because it cost too much money.

Israel needs to be told to shut up more and stop acting like a baby.

The world needs a better overall group to watch over the world and make things happen for the better of mankind. IE: America doesn't need to be the world police. More countries do their fair share. If a company tries to pull some crap they get punished for it severely, no slapping on the wrist or ignoring it like people do now.

NeonBlack

People who refuse to upgrade to Windows 10 are just trying to find something to complain about.

Game related ones:

I think Nintendo ips are mostly shallow and trite as are many of their most die hard fans.

Valve is a trash company with its off hands approach to its community, breeding toxicity.

We've got that one.

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=459297

Edit: And Philip Defranco is awesome.

Some Nobody

I hate hats. All of them. I hate seeing them on people and I would never wear one myself.

Replace "hats" with "shorts" and you're onto something.

Oh. Here's one. You can be Christian and liberal, you can even be Christian and believe in science. Stop fucking bugging me because your family doesn't--they're bad at it.

ZanDatsu

I hate hats. All of them. I hate seeing them on people and I would never wear one myself.

old-time-crowd1.jpg
image-e1451773481415.jpeg

snap0212

This reads like he is someone that got famous through his YouTube channel instead of you know being a billionaire with his own companies.
He's a good business man. He's not in the news because of that and I wouldn't find it annoying if he talked about that. Instead, he's basically the human version of a TED talk.

tkscz

I don't think any form of hatred in the world can be solved. It's part of human nature and can't be "un-taught" and "un-learned". People are gong to be people forever.

Nutella is ok, but not something I would buy often, maybe once a year.

Game related ones:

I agree with you on what fails to be a RPG.

Some Nobody

John Wick is such a horrible movie. I can't grasp that people can sit through that and say "I was entertained.".
Pew pew pew!

You go for the fight scenes. Yes, that's something you can enjoy in a film. To be honest, Michael Bay films would be better too if they were more honest about being explosion fests. Plot is not the only thing that matters.

What does that mean? You don't ever wear shorter than regular length pants? Summers can't be very hot where you live.

LOL. I live smack-dab in the middle of Mississippi. If its not triple-digit weather, it's high 80's, low 90's and extremely humid. But I hate how shorts look, particularly on men of my size. So I wear jeans and khakis.

jph139

What does that mean? You don't ever wear shorter than regular length pants? Summers can't be very hot where you live.

I hate shorts too. Even when it hits 90F I'm going out in jeans. Hanging around the house? Long sweatpants, no less. The only thing I own shorter than that are swim trunks.

Like, I'll happily hang out naked, too, so it's not a modesty thing. Shorts are just... nah. Weird looking. Weird feeling.

Sephzilla

--Spider-Man 2 is inferior to Spider-Man 1
--Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight
--Michael Keaton > Christian Bale
--Return of the Jedi is just as good as Empire Strikes Back
--Mike McCarthy is an overrated NFL head coach who gets bailed out by the talent of the team
--WWF's Attitude Era has aged like cheese left on top of a fridge

Pro/rel is useless in the top leagues and for player development.

Liebeck v. McDonalds was wrongly decided.

Speech you don't like should be protected unless it's an imminent incitement to lawlessness.

2016 notwithstanding, the Electoral College is good.

Gerrymandering is a problem, but not as much as most seem to think.

The early Bards Tale series was better than the early Might & Magic series.

Iowa is lucky to have Kirk Ferentz as its football coach.

Putting an 'X' on your Health Card or Drivers License as a means to not identify as a certain sex is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Edwardo

People put too much stock in finding their one and only and look fucking pathetic when it doesn't work out. I think it is entirely foolish that you would put so much stock into another person that you almost cannot function if the relationship doesn't work out. Too many people in this world are too utterly terrified of being alone. If you always need another person at your side to get along in this world and validate you, you are a weak person.

Agreed

St. Anger is a good album.

Hell yeah it is

Sulik2

My top one that seems to make people irrationally angry:

Pets are a giant waste of time, energy, money and are horrible for the environment. No one should have pets.

_Rob_

Pets are a giant waste of time, energy, money and are horrible for the environment. No one should have pets.

Have you ever had a pet, if so what was your experience? If nothing else they have been proven to be good for people's mental health.

RalchAC

If you haven't voted, I'm not willing to listen you complain about politics. Sorry, but it's your duty as a citizen to vote. If you decided spending half an hour of your life to choose the next government of the country where you live wasn't worth it, then deal with whatever it's chosen.

Where I live there aren't problems about violent mobs threatening certain demographics near electoral colleges though. If that was the case I would soften my stance.

Ethelwulf

I spend 25 bucks a month on my cat, gives me company and requires minimum energy. If you don't like them just say it. Most of your reasons are invalid imo.

If you haven't voted, I'm not willing to listen you complain about politics. Sorry, but it's your duty as a citizen to vote. If you decided spending half an hour of your life to choose the next government of the country where you live wasn't worth it, then deal with whatever it's chosen.

Where I live there aren't problems about violent mobs threatening certain demographics near electoral colleges though. If that was the case I would soften my stance.

This only applies if you are sure that your electoral system is not flawed. Mine is, so not bothering with voting any time soon.

Also and on topic with this thread, it is an illusion to think that democracy is voting. It is not. Far from it.

Fox318

VR is/was a scam to swindle people out of early adopter cash and will never take off outside of military usage.

Have you ever had a pet, if so what was your experience? If nothing else they have been proven to be good for people's mental health.

Personally I don't like having pets because they're living beings who you grow to love like children. The problem is, if you're lucky, you will outlive your pets.

I don't want to introduce more heartbreak in my life than I need to.

Despite my great efforts, I don't like Kanye West or his music. I've listened to a bunch of his albums, read many thousands-of-words-worth of think pieces, and have engaged compassionately with extremely passionate fans of his art. I am not so bold as to say he hasn't made some good music, and I absolutely recognize that he is an influential unfiltered artist who challenges the status quo of over-adorned songwriting in favor of direct and raw self-expression, but he does nothing for me at all personally.

When I first listened to College Dropout I gave some of his more juvenile content a pass because there were some genuinely powerful songs in there. I thought this was a rapper who was going to "grow up" with his albums and become something terrific. But in 2017 I still find a lot of his content juvenile and I think it taints what could be extremely significant work.

But who am I to deny significance when he is otherwise viewed as the most significant rapper of the age? I'm nobody. People love Kanye West and they love his art. I just don't. Maybe I should have started with his newest stuff and worked backwards. Somebody told me that's the "right way" to listen to him for the first time. But that ship has sailed. I don't know if I'll ever come around.

Jesus Walks is a great song though.

EDIT: Forward quoting for damage control...

You've listened to MBDTF right?

Yes, I think it's his best album - from what I've listened to anyway.

Well, you're screwed. This will dominate the thread, leading to album rankings and such.

That's not my intention. This is a thread for unpopular opinions, and I was quite apologetic and objective with how I presented my feelings. I didn't make any value judgments outside the realm of my own POV. I explicitly speak to the merits of the work while maintaining a personal perspective at odds with the agreed upon reality.

There is nothing to convince me of and nothing to defend. There is no need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom