• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top three Key & Peele sketches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

great thread - never really watched the show but i want
more peele stuff after seeing Get Out

It's fantastic, you should check it out

This thread actually makes me realize how many incredible sketches they had in such a short period of time. I didn't even realize how many great ones they put out until you see it all listed out in here.

Bacon

Initially I'd only seen the substitute teacher one which was hilarious, but watching down the list, I notice a few of these drag - the joke is there and it's funny, but it's just repeated until it gets tiring.

Enjoying going through these either way, is there a playlist because I'm clicking each one in order!

Yeah I like a lot of key and peele stuff but this was always an issue I had with the show. They really tended to run jokes into the ground.

hydruxo

Their Steampunk sketch is so underrated, it makes me crack up every time

large.jpg

Mindlog

And the winner is: Aerobics Meltdown

Forgot how the conversation started, but in the end I have to agree that Aerobics Meltdown is the quintessential K&P sketch. The director said it best.
Key & Peele - Aerobics Meltdown (Keep Dancing) by Peter Atencio

Here it is, my favorite Key & Peele sketch of the season, and possibly ever. This sketch exists because of the brilliance of Rebecca Drysdale, who wrote a script that I immediately fell in love with for it’s darkness and scope. Then we added the combined talent of Charles Papert absolutely nailing the look for both the period broadcast footage as well as the narrative behind-the-scenes pieces, Gary Kordan and his team delivering an authentic and wonderfully detailed set and faux-backstage world for the actors to play in, and Beth Morgan Sanford, Melody Koerber, Scott Wheeler, and Amanda Mofield doing an incredible job making everyone look just right with their combined eye to detail in wardrobe, makeup, and hair, respectively. Once we were on set, Kathryn Burns provided the beautiful and hilarious choreography, guiding both Keegan and Jordan as well as our amazing background dancers to perfection. Keegan and Jordan displayed incredible stamina, dancing for 8 hours and still giving masterful performances, and Hal Rudnick and Clint Howard added an amazing comedic touch to their characters, bringing depth to the entire piece. After we shot, the whole thing was masterfully cut by Christian Hoffman, who waded through hours of footage to find the perfect moments with which to tell the story. Every part of this one came together so wonderfully, and for me it’s a testament to the fact that everyone on our show can collaborate to make something incredibly unique. It’s funny and emotional and disturbing and very, very unlike anything you’d see on any other show. That’s why it’s my favorite sketch.

Kaban

Continental Breakfast is in a class of its own.

East/West College Bowl is also great, probably because it was my intro to K&P

Rockk

Yeah Aerobic Meltdown is probably my favorite.

The next two would probably be the Black Republicans one and Continental Breakfast.

SiteSeer

so much quality to choose from but ...

aerobic meltdown
gay gangsters (from mad tv)
black republicans, the overtones in this one is off the charts, then the ending where the elephant in the room is addressed that can lead to so many interpretations ... really quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom