• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber & Streamer Ninja diagnosed with cancer at 32

Blindy

Seems like this was caught early which is good hoping him a full recovery. Did my Colonscopy last year despite being in my mid 30's since my grandparent passed away from it. 2nd time.

Fbh

Fuck cancer. Best wishes to him, hopefully it was caught early enough.
If you have the means don't neglect your medical checkups, go get your skin checks and colonoscopies and prostate exam (I think starting at 45?), etc. Cancer is terrible, but several types are fairly treatable if found early enough.

SCB3

It's a legit question though.

My stepdad and stepbrother are the only ones in our family to get the jab (my mom, 2 sisters and me didn't).
My stepdad got diagnosed with prostate cancer a year later.
Got treated and now it's back.

Make of it what you will.

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.
It really is, I'm double vaccinated and not felt right since I had the 2nd one, it may be unrelated of course but its too big a coincidence in my mind, also there is nothing wrong with questioning what you're getting out in your body, especially when it was rushed for a Covid cure

Still, I hope he makes a full recovery, I may not be a fan but its sucks for anyone to get that diagnosis

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

My stepdad and stepbrother are the only ones in our family to get the jab (my mom, 2 sisters and me didn't).

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.
i think something crazy like 270 million americans got at least one dose. over 12 billion covid vaccines were administered worldwide.

if it was causing cancer, we would all be dead and living like will smith in i am legend.

MiguelItUp

Very treatable if caught early, best of luck to him.

My grandfather had a melanoma and lived for 30 more years into his 80s.
Hopefully they caught it early. According to the American Cancer Society treatments for melanoma have a high level of success if caught early enough.
Agreed. It can have a high level of success if caught early, but it really depends on where it's located. External melanoma, depending on a number of things, can usually be very treatable. Especially if caught early enough. But no cancer is completely equal, and everyone is different. From my understanding and unfortunate experience, internal can be a very different story, and it moves rapidly.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I don’t really care for this guy as a streamer or any other streamer for that matter, but cancer is fucking scum and my thoughts are with him.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.
Sooo, nothing with your stepbrother? You can’t use one person as an example. People are literally diagnosed with cancer all the time. It’s got shit to do with the “jab”. Stop this dialogue, it doesn’t add anything positive to any conversation, anywhere. Side note, I hope your step dad is doing okay.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Eat lots of beets.
egZxn1F.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This cancer stuff sucks.
I have a piece of dark scab on my head for years. I went to have this checked out but the dermatologist just said it's just Nevus sebaceous so it's nothing.
I feel for him but he seems to have a grip on life lol. he will have no problem

Killjoy-NL

Sooo, nothing with your stepbrother? You can’t use one person as an example. People are literally diagnosed with cancer all the time. It’s got shit to do with the “jab”. Stop this dialogue, it doesn’t add anything positive to any conversation, anywhere. Side note, I hope your step dad is doing okay.
I could name more, though not cancer.

As I said, people can make up their own minds.
I'm just saying it's a valid question.

I'll leave it at that.

Svejk

Besides being lucky enough to catch it early, the problem is people not changing their eating habits half the time. Lay of the processed foods, folks. It's where it's coming from. US is the worst about it.
Best of luck to him and all others..

Monokrom

Hope he recover from his diagnose. If it hasn't spread to the lymf nodes he should be ok. Cancer is a bitch.

Last edited:
I am also having a piece of skin removed tomorrow. I hope it wasn't too painful? And how long did it take? Was there anesthesia?
It's shots of lidocaine. Multiple shots to numb the area. More like a dentist. It didn't hurt during it, but mine was near a lot of veins so it bled a lot and feels like a cut/scab after.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Skin cancer is why I use sunscreen every single day. People give me sh*t for it. I hope he recovers and gets back to his life.
I wear a shirt now at the beach/swimming, one of those undergarment material-types. I don't give a F if I look like an old man, skin cancer is awful and I want to cut down the risk as much as possible.

As a cancer survivor - not all cancers are equal. It looks like his was a tumorous growth . Probably easiest thing to take care of. I wouldn’t even post about it, but I guess internet clout and all that.
Yep. This is something I learned over the last year after I was convinced I had cancer and went on a deep dive into all the various kinds and reading stories of survivors. You have some people diagnosed decades ago and still living strong, then you have some people who are gone in just days after diagnosis. The umbrella term of "cancer" has such a wide and varied range of seriousness that it is almost pointless if stated by itself.

Glad you are still with us though man.

UnrealEck

Good luck to those here in the UK with skin cancer. It's going to be nine months for me (in April) to see a dermatologist for (thankfully) a non life threatening condition.

Top Bottom